Home
Madden 12 News Post

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in Madden NFL 12.

To be clear, there are more than 25 new plays in the game. Each day, a new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to Madden NFL 12.

Play #2 features the Colts DBL Trail.

Quote:
"Colts- Gun Bunch- Colts DBL Trail - The Colts don’t use the Bunch formation very often, but when they do, this is one of the plays they like to run out of it, especially in the red zone."

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 shttymcgee @ 03/26/11 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I would go with a cover 1 robber with a backer in the middle or dropping the safety down. You won't get the interception every time, but you could cause some hesitation and you'll have an extra defender around to help with the tackle in the event of a catch.

And likewise, I think WR's get into their routes rather slowly in Madden. They also do not know how to navigate traffic. But I suppose they need to go slow because the 4 man line basic rush is still pretty mediocre as of Madden 11.
This coverage isn't in the game, but is used as a bunch "check" by a lot of programs. Corner to the bunch plays the curl area, against this concept, that would leave him responsible for the dig. The sam/nickel/point defender is responsible for force/first flat, meaning he will end up bracketing the trail route from outside in. The mike is the hole/#3 defender, he will collision the under route, pass it off and then sit on the trail. The Will will look for the 1st crosser since the back steps strong. Everyone is covered up. I know of a couple teams that run this coverage against all formations, not just a bunch check, but there's a lot of pattern reading involved.

# 22 steelers1 @ 03/26/11 06:03 PM
This play looks awesome.

# 23 Evan_OS @ 03/26/11 10:44 PM
Bronco Trail anyone? It's practically the same play with a different name, this play will be money.

# 24 LBzrule @ 03/27/11 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTEWY
If that's Garcon or Calvin Johnson as the X receiver with no safety help over the top= Touchdown every time. Lets not even discuss the delayed route by the HB(Best)
Not if you have all the tools at your disposal. If you can play with a cushion it shouldn't automatically be a TD, especially if you have good CB's. Plus with cover 1 you will always have at least one Safety helping deep. Cheat him to the best WR side. You are not going to be able to perfectly cover everything. Just gotta roll the dice.

# 25 LBzrule @ 03/27/11 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
that sounds nice and all but keep in mind you dont know when the offense is going to call the play.
As mcgee says it doesn't matter as the coverage I described I would use it for more than against just this. Unfortunately what I describe is not actually in the game

# 26 roadman @ 03/27/11 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyesfan27
just shows why NCAA will be the better game this year
And you know this how?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042245051

# 27 KG @ 03/27/11 08:08 PM
I'm worried about the depth the WR's will get. Depth is hard to translate into fball games. Hopefully a throw to "A" won't get knocked down by a defender covering "Y".

# 28 Evan_OS @ 03/27/11 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Not if you have all the tools at your disposal. If you can play with a cushion it shouldn't automatically be a TD, especially if you have good CB's. Plus with cover 1 you will always have at least one Safety helping deep. Cheat him to the best WR side. You are not going to be able to perfectly cover everything. Just gotta roll the dice.
That slant over the middle will be money every time vs man and about 75% of the time against zone. Check it out in the Bronco's playbook, won a couple of madden tournaments with that play. Even if the slant over the middle is not there, there are a bunch of dangerous routes on that play.

# 29 bigp51 @ 03/27/11 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
all i got out of this is that this isnt a "NEW PLAY" they are just taking a play from madden and recycling it and calling it new. Typical EA

I was gonna say the same thing. I've used this or something really, really close to it.

# 30 LBzrule @ 03/28/11 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
That slant over the middle will be money every time vs man and about 75% of the time against zone. Check it out in the Bronco's playbook, won a couple of madden tournaments with that play. Even if the slant over the middle is not there, there are a bunch of dangerous routes on that play.
Yes, you are right. It is money (THIS YEAR) vs man with no one sitting in the middle. Most everything vs man this year is money because defensive locomotion is not tuned well. But that's this year. Not sure what tools and how they tune defensive locomotion for 2012.

# 31 Senator Palmer @ 03/28/11 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
One thing I've also noticed is that you have to take into account what type of man coverage you're calling. Without the ability to adjust the leverage of the CB's it is programmed into each call. Two man under has the CB's playing to the outside of the receiver, so the middle is always vulnerabel, wheras cover 1 has the CB's playing more inside technique.

Man blitzes are the same; some of them you'll see a corner taking away the inside, others just the opposite.

# 32 LBzrule @ 03/28/11 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
One thing I've also noticed is that you have to take into account what type of man coverage you're calling. Without the ability to adjust the leverage of the CB's it is programmed into each call. Two man under has the CB's playing to the outside of the receiver, so the middle is always vulnerabel, wheras cover 1 has the CB's playing more inside technique.

Man blitzes are the same; some of them you'll see a corner taking away the inside, others just the opposite.
I actually prefer it this way because it makes play calling important. It is also one way we used to run things, especially cover 1. We would have our field corner outside leverage with the FS helping on the inside and have the boundary corner play inside leverage and hopefully the sideline is the extra man that helps him. This is not a cut and dry as match ups may dictate we do something else. But in principle that's how we ran cover 1.

# 33 ryan36 @ 04/11/11 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
and all these plays will be for nothing if the Defense is as inept as it is now....Slider adjustments and all. Defense needs to get a jolt and be worth something.

I will stick with NCAA indefinitely until Madden WAKES UP.....Which will not happen til AFTER 2013.
We get it bro, you don't like the game. Are you just gonna rag on each "new play " thread until release?

# 34 Steelshlomo @ 10/07/11 12:12 AM
Almost none of you guys understand what a trail pass play is... It's when you have a wing or tight end or some other receive in or close to the core/box that quickly runs a drag/cross/snake across the mlbs and/or safeties as a distraction, and then another wing/te/receiver runs some sort of delayed cross/drag/snake which is the route the QB will look to and pass to 99.99% of the time, usually as he is just passing the center. This play here is a trail pass intended for the tight end (y). It is NOT meant for that goddamn go route on the other side of the field. That streak if anything is to create space for the tight end to gain some yac. I hope this helped

# 35 BoisePanther @ 10/07/11 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
all i got out of this is that this isnt a "NEW PLAY" they are just taking a play from madden and recycling it and calling it new. Typical EA
This play is already in Ron Rivera's PB with the Panthers. I know, because it's the PB I run with.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.