Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #11 features the Shotgun Wild Tiger Trey Fight Song.

Quote:
"Shotgun Wild Tiger Trey Fight Song - Auburn’s offense features a wide variety of unique and imaginative plays. One of the more interesting plays in their offense is Shotgun Wild Tiger Trey Fight Song. In this play the left tackle aligns on the ball on the right side of the formation in a receiver position. The left tackle is used as a decoy to throw off the defensive recognition of the play."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Aggies7 @ 03/28/11 10:28 AM
I like this play. Looks interesting.

# 2 BROman @ 03/28/11 10:51 AM
VT scored on this play last year vs NC State, cool play.

# 3 jeremym480 @ 03/28/11 10:55 AM

# 4 SpreadEm @ 03/28/11 11:10 AM
I like the play I have seen it in action but im just wondering how is the gameplay is going to work with this play. How will it disrupt the AI?

# 5 DLev45 @ 03/28/11 11:37 AM
Not to mention in a user game this play would be pointless unless they have some other plays out of this formation. Rather than confuse the defense as to what is coming at them, it would have the opposite effect and tip them as to exactly what play you're running.

# 6 BenGerman @ 03/28/11 11:58 AM
Always interested in trick plays. There are so many of them that have never made it into the game, its exciting to see some new ones.

# 7 65South @ 03/28/11 12:10 PM
Interesting. Wonder how this will show up on the offensive personnel screen to be able to defend.

# 8 J-Unit40 @ 03/28/11 01:25 PM
There you go Drew! We were just talking about this last night.

Pretty cool looking play.

# 9 mvb34 @ 03/28/11 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
Interesting. Wonder how this will show up on the offensive personnel screen to be able to defend.
4 WR 1 TE unless LB is the running back then 3 WR 1 RB 1 TE

# 10 Hova57 @ 03/28/11 02:15 PM
my beef with this play is the fact that the LT goes out on patterns. Reason being in 11 you could put a kicker in on the line and they block like and all american. someone posted a video last week of an offensive lineman as a wr and he made catches and ran routes like he was a wr that bothers me cause he isn't playing to his rating. If the ratings play like they should it shouldn't be a problem.

# 11 Solidice @ 03/28/11 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
my beef with this play is the fact that the LT goes out on patterns. Reason being in 11 you could put a kicker in on the line and they block like and all american. someone posted a video last week of an offensive lineman as a wr and he made catches and ran routes like he was a wr that bothers me cause he isn't playing to his rating. If the ratings play like they should it shouldn't be a problem.
in the play that is shown, the LT is blocking. the LT is moved over to the right side in between the 2 WRs. in the description, "In this play the left tackle aligns on the ball on the right side of the formation in a receiver position." the TE is next to the LG and is running a route. the LT lined up outside in this formation is ineligible, so he'll never go out on a route anyway.

# 12 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/28/11 02:42 PM
Yeah the tackle drops back to block. However this can be an automatic sack if people hot route to an all out blitz on the left side of the line.

# 13 Vaporub83 @ 03/28/11 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah the tackle drops back to block. However this can be an automatic sack if people hot route to an all out blitz on the left side of the line.
That's when you throw the ball "hot"

# 14 TDenverFan @ 03/28/11 03:17 PM
Nice! I love gimmiky plays like this! Of course, I hope this formation gets several plays, not just this one.

# 15 Cryolemon @ 03/28/11 03:38 PM
Cool play as long as it doesn't break the defensive AI or lead to easy sacks.

# 16 Richuation @ 03/28/11 04:35 PM
Hopefully the address the skinny post cheese...

Otherwise just add this play to the cheese bucket.

# 17 backinblack23 @ 03/28/11 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richuation
Hopefully the address the skinny post cheese...

Otherwise just add this play to the cheese bucket.
Bingo, I like the looks of this play but I can see this being the next big cheese play like the 4 vert plays in this years game. I have a feeling that the offesive line will block anything that comes their way even if it's a blitz and that skinny post will be wide open all the time or the out route will be unstoppable. The way I would defend this would be blitz a extra guy from the uneven side and play a cloud zone to the side with the tackle in the flats.

# 18 44drob @ 03/28/11 06:35 PM
This is nice !!!

# 19 stugotsII @ 03/28/11 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South

We ran this in highschool....called it shotgun special...

Everytime we ran it, we scored.

# 20 AuburnAlumni @ 03/28/11 08:41 PM

Excellent!!! Can't wait to see some more authentic Gus Malzahn offense!!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.