Home
Madden 12 News Post

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in Madden NFL 12.

To be clear, there are more than 25 new plays in the game. Each day, a new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to Madden NFL 12.

Play #3 features the Cowboy Slot Slant.

Quote:
"Cowboys- Gun Y-Trips Cowboy- Cowboy Slot Slant - This is a new formation for Madden NFL 12 where Miles Austin will line up in the slot. The Cowboys like to use this play to create one-on-one matchups in the middle of the field with TE Jason Witten and WR Miles Austin. Witten will run a quick drag clearing out the middle while Austin will run a slant in behind him. This play was used in a week 7 game versus the Giants."

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Palo20 @ 03/28/11 01:11 PM
Good to see a formation with Austin in the slot since that's where he lines up in 3 WR formations.

# 2 CM Hooe @ 03/28/11 01:21 PM
I feel like I already ran this play in Madden 11. Maybe with Bryant in the slot admittedly, but this play looks eerily familiar from only a Madden context.

For the record, I've used the Cowboys and their playbook exclusively since Madden 03 (in 02 I split between the Cowboys and the Saints, because the Madden 02 Cowboys may be the worst video game football team ever assembled)

# 3 FroznYogurt @ 03/28/11 04:19 PM
I like how they're incorporating plays used in real games, adds to the authenticity.

# 4 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 03/28/11 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymaker52
This play would destroy people who user their MLB and/or safety.
Negative..

# 5 bxgoods @ 03/29/11 11:18 AM
Quote:

I doubt, that play doesn't scare me. Only plays that scare me controlling a safety are when the routes cross in front my face on my side of the field.

# 6 LBzrule @ 03/29/11 02:42 PM
Quote:
it sure would in madden 11. We still do not know how defensive locomotion and coverage logic has been tuned for madden 12.

# 7 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 03/29/11 07:10 PM
Quote:
No, positive. Most people will pursue the TE, then all you have to do is throw to 'Y', Where he vacated. Sure if you're playing an exceptionally good user LB, then it may not work as good. But in my experience I will usually send two routes in the area of the usered player in order to make him choose who to cover thus leaving one of the players open. Last game I played vs a user LB I won 42-14, because there was always someone open, and he didn't make the proper adjustments.
I make people choose who to throw it to when I user the MLB especially if all they are doing is trying to abuse slants an stuff. You think your going where you want when instead I'm giving you what I want to give you then boom it all comes crashing down.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.