Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN has posted the first round results for the Madden NFL 12 cover athlete voting. Round 2 voting has begun. What are your thoughts so far?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 roadman @ 03/29/11 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
AD hasn't been on the cover of Madden or NCAA (at least as far as I wanted to research).
My mistake then, I thought AD was on it a few yrs. ago.

My bad.

# 42 ChuckaLuk @ 03/29/11 01:15 PM
I will keep voting for aaron rodgers because i want the Packers to have a bad season. Bear down!!!

# 43 roadman @ 03/29/11 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckaLuk
I will keep voting for aaron rodgers because i want the Packers to have a bad season. Bear down!!!
Too bad Peppers was beat. I voted for him for the same reason.

Can't beat the Pack w/Rodgers at QB, huh? j/k.

# 44 Strofan7 @ 03/29/11 04:04 PM
It is going to be Aaron Rodgers v. Mike Vick in the final and Vick will win. Its a shame because I think Rodgers definitely deserves the cover this year.

Woodhead would be pretty cool too though haha

# 45 willz1985 @ 03/29/11 04:19 PM
As long as the raiders and donkeys player is out of the running now I'm happy.

Really dunno why they bothered giving us the option TBH, every year it should be the Season MVP or the SB MVP on the cover.

# 46 trent11189 @ 03/29/11 04:54 PM
if they're gonna let us vote then its really really stupid to have a bracket like this, with seeds and ertain players that are up for consideration and and some that aren't. The logical thing is just to let us cast a vote for whoever we want on the cover and whatever player gets the most votes should win. anyone else agree that the bracket is completely nonsensical?

# 47 coogrfan @ 03/29/11 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent11189
anyone else agree that the bracket is completely nonsensical?
The fact that they have people talking about something this inconsequential says otherwise.

No press is bad press, right?

# 48 roadman @ 03/29/11 05:24 PM
Quote:
if they're gonna let us vote then its really really stupid to have a bracket like this, with seeds and ertain players that are up for consideration and and some that aren't. The logical thing is just to let us cast a vote for whoever we want on the cover and whatever player gets the most votes should win. anyone else agree that the bracket is completely nonsensical?
Nope, as Coogrfan said, love or hate it, it has generated press.

# 49 illwill10 @ 03/29/11 05:35 PM
"
ESPN_JRobJon Robinson

Early Round 2 @EAMaddenNFL 12 cover result: @AdrianPeterson upsetting #1 Rivers 55-45% http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8j1S727RmM

ESPN_JRobJon Robinson

More @EASPORTS @EAMaddenNFL 12 cover results will be posted tonight. @jcharles25 and @Jones_Drew32 will want to see this. Crazy results!

ESPN_JRobJon Robinson

Hey @jcharles25 and @Jones_Drew32 you guys are tied in the @EAMaddenNFL 12 cover vote so far in round 2. http://tinyurl.com/6bkwhhl

ESPN_JRobJon Robinson

Hey @EASPORTS @EAMaddenNFL fans, early results include a tie, a blowout and an upset http://tinyurl.com/6bkwhhl

6 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

ESPN_JRobJon Robinson

Looks like @PatrickWillis52 is winning big over @mvp86hinesward in @EAMaddenNFL 12 cover vote http://tinyurl.com/6bkwhhl

ESPN_JRobJon Robinson

Hey @AaronRodgers12 you're winning big in the second round of the @EAMaddenNFL 12 cover vote so far http://tinyurl.com/6bkwhhl"

# 50 trent11189 @ 03/29/11 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
The fact that they have people talking about something this inconsequential says otherwise.

No press is bad press, right?
c'mon guys you know there would be just as much conversation if they just had a results page listing every player who had recieved a vote and showing which players were leading the way.

# 51 roadman @ 03/29/11 09:46 PM
Quote:
c'mon guys you know there would be just as much conversation if they just had a results page listing every player who had recieved a vote and showing which players were leading the way.
Really? How do we know that?

I'd be less inclined to look. It's perfect timing, I don't see where you don't feel that March Madness and the brackets isn't a good marketing move by EA.

March Madness is hot with all the upsets and the final 4 taking place this weekend. Office pools are in full bloom.

Sorry, I would feel your way is boring.

# 52 kmart2180 @ 03/30/11 06:15 AM
Gooooooo Patrick Willis!!! We need a Defensive Player cover.......The last time there was one the game was great.

# 53 FroznYogurt @ 03/30/11 08:13 AM
Yeah Patrick Willis!!!

# 54 SouthernBrick @ 03/30/11 01:13 PM
Really? AP over RIvers is a upset?

Not really.

IMO its the other way around so it isn't a surprise to me that he's losing. I thought it might be closer than it is but, I don't expect Rivers to win over AP. It's a popularity contest and in that area AP wins by a bunch. I voted for Rivers but, hell even I'd rather see AP on the cover than Rivers(excluding any thought of the madden curse).

# 55 RedZoneD25 @ 03/30/11 03:07 PM
I got 14 of 16 in the 1st round, and my 2nd round is perfect so far. Hope MJD can pull it out.

# 56 Bellsprout @ 03/30/11 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
I got 14 of 16 in the 1st round, and my 2nd round is perfect so far. Hope MJD can pull it out.
Are you winning your office pool?

# 57 RedZoneD25 @ 03/30/11 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Are you winning your office pool?
They have some bracket contest on Facebook, lol

# 58 Steve_OS @ 03/30/11 04:41 PM
Update on Round 2 of 'Madden 12' vote

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...madden-12-vote

# 59 Bellsprout @ 03/30/11 04:44 PM
*Leaves to toss Sanchez a sympathy vote because Beadle told me to*

# 60 The GIGGAS @ 03/30/11 05:02 PM
Oh what the hell? Why is Jamaal Charles beating MJD?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.