Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

While I do not have a time frame for the next title update, I figured the franchise guys would want to know what has been changed in franchise mode. The list below is what has been checked into the game so far.

This list does not include any other changes and bug fixes fyi.
  • Cause players with low overall to retire sooner.
  • Fixed a bug causing players to not store their initial attribute levels at the start of each season, causing progression in the offseason to appear much larger than it was since it was being calculated to the start of 2011, regardless of the current season.
  • Decisions on contract options need to be made sooner since the exclusive negotiation period was shortened from 15 to 5 days.
  • Only players with 6+ years of service time should be flagged as type A or type B free agents.
  • Players were progressing to their potential at age 26 instead of 30.
  • 99 ovr players were not correctly normalizing to 1.0f.
  • Adjusted salary curve and fixed issues with salaries in short seasons.
  • Don't backload contracts that are less than $5M per year or less than 4 years.
  • Adjusted how potentials are assigned to generated players.
  • More logic to see if a contract should be tendered to a player before allowing him to become a free agent. Also, more accurate calculation for salary reserved for minor league players under the team's control.
  • Fixed some bugs with the popup message in multi-user franchise mode when minor league teams secure a bye in the playoffs.
  • Make sure any player who is decent (75 ovr, 75 potential) are being offered arbitration. Also, make sure free agents were offered arbitration by the CPU and teams didn't receive compensation picks for players to whom they didn't offer arbitration.
  • Make sure that contract offers and arbitration offers aren't cleared when a player becomes a free agent at the end of the 5 day exclusive negotiation period.
  • Need more 1 year contracts for arbitration eligible players.
  • Make the best available player the most valuable if the team is missing minor leaguers.
  • Set team strategies for the user teams as well.
  • All minor leaguers should have 1 year contracts by default.
  • Treat CPU controlled user teams as CPU teams for purposes of reducing trades during the season.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Cubit @ 03/30/11 07:20 AM
Great news, Russell, and thanks for the update. Good riddance, players who shouldn't be in free agency but are!

# 42 andrewochs615 @ 03/30/11 07:48 AM
When does the patch come out? ... I KID I KID

In all seriousness

- 99 ovr players were not correctly normalizing to 1.0f.

What exactly does this mean?

# 43 callmetaternuts @ 03/30/11 08:25 AM
Awesome. Looks like a good set of fixes to update an already stellar mode. Love the fact that we have a pretty great working franchise mode that has most, if not all, of the real life stuff.

# 44 BeatArmy @ 03/30/11 09:30 AM
Don't mean to be a buzzkill but is the lineup issue going to be addressed when it comes to simming ST and having messed up lineups?

See the thread about Morneau hitting second for the Twinkies. You'll find the most powerful guy in your lineup hitting second pretty often and I've had to do serious overhauls to some of the teams for their starting nine.

# 45 Shield @ 03/30/11 10:43 AM
oh yes, the players lingering in FA! if they haven't been picked up in 2-3 years adios!

# 46 crbuke @ 03/30/11 10:58 AM
Looking forward to playing Franchise Mode once the Patch is released.

# 47 Phillies2010 @ 03/30/11 11:04 AM
Absolutely amazing, I can't wait!

# 48 dkrause1971 @ 03/30/11 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatArmy
Don't mean to be a buzzkill but is the lineup issue going to be addressed when it comes to simming ST and having messed up lineups?

See the thread about Morneau hitting second for the Twinkies. You'll find the most powerful guy in your lineup hitting second pretty often and I've had to do serious overhauls to some of the teams for their starting nine.
Its not considered an issue. While i don't like it, the CPU is just adjusting the pro squad based off the 40 man roster to start the season. I frankly would just like season 1 to not have a spring training or a skip option so we don't have to deal with it to start a franchise.

# 49 HustlinOwl @ 03/30/11 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Its not considered an issue. While i don't like it, the CPU is just adjusting the pro squad based off the 40 man roster to start the season. I frankly would just like season 1 to not have a spring training or a skip option so we don't have to deal with it to start a franchise.
I could or I am sure Knight will release a roster set with only the 25 man roster and the additional 40 could be added after spring training.

# 50 lthurston0728 @ 03/30/11 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
i think there is a misunderstanding. i believe what the OP was pointing out was that, in a franchise, you can have your line-up set how you want but if you sim a game instead of playing it the CPU will reorder your line-up as it sees fit for that game. when you go into manage line-ups in the menu screen the line-up will be however you set it but the CPU ignores it when you sim a game.

# 51 JayD @ 03/30/11 01:51 PM
Don't backload contracts that are less than $5M per year or less than 4 years.

what does that mean????

Also are these all fixes or are some fixes and others franchise tips?

# 52 Russell_SCEA @ 03/30/11 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Don't backload contracts that are less than $5M per year or less than 4 years.

what does that mean????

Also are these all fixes or are some fixes and others franchise tips?

Quote:
This list does not include any other changes and bug fixes fyi.

# 53 kbusch22 @ 03/30/11 02:32 PM
Sounds awesome! Really hope this is out soon - with Knight's rosters out I can see myself pacing around waiting to start my franchise haha. Keep up the great work.

# 54 Cod @ 03/30/11 03:37 PM
Thanks for the update list. Much appreciated.

# 55 HexHollow @ 03/30/11 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I will ask the obligatory "Will we have to restart our franchise?"!
That would be a big letdown if we had to restart.

# 56 Glenn33 @ 03/30/11 03:55 PM
I aplogize but I read this thread twice and didn't see an answer to the question as to if we will need to restart our franchise. Russell can you answer please? Please forgive me if I missed it.

# 57 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/30/11 03:57 PM
They probably do not know if you have to restart or not until they do more testing.

But judging by the past, I would walk on the side of caution that you will have to restart.

# 58 HexHollow @ 03/30/11 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
They probably do not know if you have to restart or not until they do more testing. But judging by the past, I would walk on the side of caution that you will have to restart.
So essentially the update does nothing? The baseball season starts, mid April or later approaches and we're still waiting for the update to start a franchise?

# 59 KuruptOwnz @ 03/30/11 04:31 PM
Wow, talk about vague.

# 60 nonnel @ 03/30/11 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruptOwnz
Wow, talk about vague.

What exactly is vague? There's some irony... your post is so vague that I have no idea what you're even talking about.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.