Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

While I do not have a time frame for the next title update, I figured the franchise guys would want to know what has been changed in franchise mode. The list below is what has been checked into the game so far.

This list does not include any other changes and bug fixes fyi.
  • Cause players with low overall to retire sooner.
  • Fixed a bug causing players to not store their initial attribute levels at the start of each season, causing progression in the offseason to appear much larger than it was since it was being calculated to the start of 2011, regardless of the current season.
  • Decisions on contract options need to be made sooner since the exclusive negotiation period was shortened from 15 to 5 days.
  • Only players with 6+ years of service time should be flagged as type A or type B free agents.
  • Players were progressing to their potential at age 26 instead of 30.
  • 99 ovr players were not correctly normalizing to 1.0f.
  • Adjusted salary curve and fixed issues with salaries in short seasons.
  • Don't backload contracts that are less than $5M per year or less than 4 years.
  • Adjusted how potentials are assigned to generated players.
  • More logic to see if a contract should be tendered to a player before allowing him to become a free agent. Also, more accurate calculation for salary reserved for minor league players under the team's control.
  • Fixed some bugs with the popup message in multi-user franchise mode when minor league teams secure a bye in the playoffs.
  • Make sure any player who is decent (75 ovr, 75 potential) are being offered arbitration. Also, make sure free agents were offered arbitration by the CPU and teams didn't receive compensation picks for players to whom they didn't offer arbitration.
  • Make sure that contract offers and arbitration offers aren't cleared when a player becomes a free agent at the end of the 5 day exclusive negotiation period.
  • Need more 1 year contracts for arbitration eligible players.
  • Make the best available player the most valuable if the team is missing minor leaguers.
  • Set team strategies for the user teams as well.
  • All minor leaguers should have 1 year contracts by default.
  • Treat CPU controlled user teams as CPU teams for purposes of reducing trades during the season.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 KuruptOwnz @ 03/30/11 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel
What exactly is vague? There's some irony... your post is so vague that I have no idea what you're even talking about.
Plenty things are vague in the initial post. Such as, are things in the upcoming patch being fixed or is it advice on how to play the game when the patch comes out? Also, how does SCEA not know if this works with current franchises or not? Isn't it their game?

Anyway without derailing the thread, I hope I have cleared up my being vague for you?

# 62 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/30/11 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruptOwnz
Plenty things are vague in the initial post. Such as, are things in the upcoming patch being fixed or is it advice on how to play the game when the patch comes out? Also, how does SCEA not know if this works with current franchises or not? Isn't it their game?

Anyway without derailing the thread, I hope I have cleared up my being vague for you?
Huh? Those are some of the Franchise items being fixed, not included the bugs that are being fixed as well.

What is so vague about that?

# 63 BoSoxPujols @ 03/30/11 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexHollow
So essentially the update does nothing?

How does this update do nothing?

and LOL at whoever said it's vague. It's an itemized list of some of the franchise corrections they are making.

# 64 nonnel @ 03/30/11 05:40 PM
Quote:

Not trying to mock you, but do you not know the meaning of 'vague'? Perhaps you mean something else and are just incorrectly using the word?

What you read was a list which in full description named some of the detailed fixes coming in a soon-to-be released patch. How you're getting that confused with some sort of "tips" or "advice" on how to play the game is beyond me.

And to answer your question of "How does SCEA not know if this works with current franchises", the answer is quite simple... Code in a video game is not a simple process where you just open up a computer screen and type in "Fix franchise bug", and voila!, it's fixed. It's a complicated process in which every little thing you do pulls a thread and can open up a problem elsewhere.

So until they're finished with all the bug fixes and content update associated with the patch, there can be no definitive answer as to what will be effected. Hope that helps.

# 65 HexHollow @ 03/30/11 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxPujols
How does this update do nothing?

and LOL at whoever said it's vague. It's an itemized list of some of the franchise corrections they are making.
yeah "LOL"... It does nothing if it does not effect existing franchises. Not taking effect means "doing nothing".

# 66 HexHollow @ 03/30/11 06:12 PM
Quote:
What you read was a list which in full description named some of the detailed fixes coming in a soon-to-be released patch,
Where are you reading "soon to be released"? I'm not seeing it, it looks like it reads to me "While I do not have a time frame for the next title update".

# 67 nonnel @ 03/30/11 06:18 PM
Quote:
Where are you reading "soon to be released"? I'm not seeing it, it looks like it reads to me "While I do not have a time frame for the next title update".
I guess it's all relative to one's opinion of "soon", eh? Seeing that he already has detailed things that they've fixed, and he's making an announcement about it, I used logic to determine it will be out in the next 2-3 weeks, which is 'soon' to me.

# 68 slickkill77 @ 03/30/11 06:40 PM
Quote:

You are too dumb for words

# 69 mhanson93 @ 03/30/11 07:10 PM
Wow! That's an impressive update list! I've been one the fence on whether to stick with '10, but this might push me to pick up '11. Thanks for the update, Russell!

# 70 Fictionix @ 03/30/11 07:13 PM
nice update list. Still not sure why people are on the fence on the new game. its only 60 bux. Just buy the game and show support for the guys making a great game!

# 71 JayD @ 03/30/11 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I just thought that some of the fixes were worded like they were tips for franchise, that's what I was saying.

# 72 housemikin @ 03/30/11 07:30 PM
Quote:
yeah "LOL"... It does nothing if it does not effect existing franchises. Not taking effect means "doing nothing".

Who cares about your existing franchise. As long as it fixes the franches I'd rather start anew. It's not as if my old franchise will kill me if it's not fix lol...

Quote:
I just thought that some of the fixes were worded like they were tips for franchise, that's what I was saying.
you know the reason they posted this "childly post" is because a lot of people keep on whining if they are really working on this or not, if the devs care or whatever, so they post this to the kids just for them to know. If this is right or wrong, I don't know and I don't care...

# 73 KuruptOwnz @ 03/30/11 09:48 PM
Quote:
Not trying to mock you, but do you not know the meaning of 'vague'? Perhaps you mean something else and are just incorrectly using the word?

What you read was a list which in full description named some of the detailed fixes coming in a soon-to-be released patch. How you're getting that confused with some sort of "tips" or "advice" on how to play the game is beyond me.

And to answer your question of "How does SCEA not know if this works with current franchises", the answer is quite simple... Code in a video game is not a simple process where you just open up a computer screen and type in "Fix franchise bug", and voila!, it's fixed. It's a complicated process in which every little thing you do pulls a thread and can open up a problem elsewhere.

So until they're finished with all the bug fixes and content update associated with the patch, there can be no definitive answer as to what will be effected. Hope that helps.
What I meant in terms of being vague was the release of the patch. It could be tomorrow or two months from now.

The other was about it looking like a tutorial on how to play. For example:

"Don't backload contracts that are less than $5M per year or less than 4 years."

or

"Make sure any player who is decent (75 ovr, 75 potential) are being offered arbitration. Also, make sure free agents were offered arbitration by the CPU and teams didn't receive compensation picks for players to whom they didn't offer arbitration."

There are verbs in these statemens, so it sounds like Russell is suggesting us to do these after the patch is released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
You are too dumb for words
Coming from the source, I'm certainly offended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
Great post, but I can't help but remember the great Inigo Montoya, who said "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

# 74 Knight165 @ 03/30/11 10:05 PM
Well...
It kind of looks like he was pulling the fixes from memos from one dev to another.
It's just a heads up Ramone is giving us...not the actual fix list for the patch I would say...

M.K.
Knight165

# 75 BoSoxPujols @ 03/30/11 10:08 PM
Hey hex. Where do you read it won't effect current franchises when its released?

# 76 KuruptOwnz @ 03/30/11 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Well...
It kind of looks like he was pulling the fixes from memos from one dev to another.
It's just a heads up Ramone is giving us...not the actual fix list for the patch I would say...

M.K.
Knight165
Thank you!

# 77 nonnel @ 03/30/11 10:10 PM
Quote:
What I meant in terms of being vague was the release of the patch. It could be tomorrow or two months from now.

The other was about it looking like a tutorial on how to play. For example:

"Don't backload contracts that are less than $5M per year or less than 4 years."

or

"Make sure any player who is decent (75 ovr, 75 potential) are being offered arbitration. Also, make sure free agents were offered arbitration by the CPU and teams didn't receive compensation picks for players to whom they didn't offer arbitration."

There are verbs in these statemens, so it sounds like Russell is suggesting us to do these after the patch is released.

Fair enough... personally, I could tell he was just writing shorthand in a way and perhaps inverting incorrect verbs for a couple things. I thought it was fairly obvious that in the middle of a list of fixes, he wasn't throwing in a couple of pieces of advice for us, but hey, to each their own.

As for the release of the patch being vague, they don't know when it's going to be done. It's not like they're being coy or purposely vague. And I would work under the assumption that it's going to be a LOT sooner than 2 months from now as one of your possibilities stated. I highly doubt he would make a post about it like that, with the season starting tomorrow, and then not have it ready for 2 months. This board would be going nuts.

So logically, I'd say a couple weeks, and just hope for sooner.

# 78 KuruptOwnz @ 03/30/11 10:16 PM
Quote:
Fair enough... personally, I could tell he was just writing shorthand in a way and perhaps inverting incorrect verbs for a couple things. I thought it was fairly obvious that in the middle of a list of fixes, he wasn't throwing in a couple of pieces of advice for us, but hey, to each their own.

As for the release of the patch being vague, they don't know when it's going to be done. It's not like they're being coy or purposely vague. And I would work under the assumption that it's going to be a LOT sooner than 2 months from now as one of your possibilities stated. I highly doubt he would make a post about it like that, with the season starting tomorrow, and then not have it ready for 2 months. This board would be going nuts.

So logically, I'd say a couple weeks, and just hope for sooner.
I concur, I'm just a bit impatient so to speak. I would like to start the mode I've loved from day one, RTTS.

I don't think he's being purposely coy or vague about the release of the patch date, it's just irritating the same problem from last year is there again.

# 79 MizzyMike05 @ 03/30/11 11:10 PM
BEAUTIFUL RUSSELL!

# 80 Cubfan @ 03/30/11 11:46 PM
Great list can't wait to start my franchise after this patch comes out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.