Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #13 features the I-Form Twin TE Badger Power.

Quote:
"I-Form Twin TE Badger Power - A staple of the Wisconsin power running game, I-Form Twin TE Badger Power is a play that combines elements of both a counter and power play. The Badgers like to send the wing tight end in motion to the weak side and at the snap he becomes the second “puller” on the play. Factor in the fullback and Wisconsin can get three lead blockers at the point of attack."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Senator Palmer @ 03/30/11 11:19 AM
Beautifully brutal play. It's deceptively simple-looking, but the three blockers caving in one side of the defense is the key. I hope this concept isn't just in Wisconsin's playbook, because this could be staple of my running game.

# 2 Vaporub83 @ 03/30/11 11:32 AM
I hope linebackers read their keys and fit properly on pullers. If not prepare to give up 200 yards rushing a game.

# 3 SpreadEm @ 03/30/11 11:35 AM
At least I have seen this play before I hope they acutally get the motion wing tight end to acutally make a block

@ the 2.00 mark

# 4 Senator Palmer @ 03/30/11 11:36 AM
If this was Madden I'd be worried, but I never had I problem with my LB's fitting up in NCAA 11. I could spill a run and my guys would make the tackle with consistency.

# 5 Knight9299 @ 03/30/11 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreadEm
At least I have seen this play before I hope they acutally get the motion wing tight end to acutally make a block
Bigger question: Will the wing TE actually motion away and then come back to kick out? Any play with this type of motion in '11 the wing TE just lines up where he should motion to then does what he should do after the snap.

# 6 SpreadEm @ 03/30/11 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight9299
Bigger question: Will the wing TE actually motion away and then come back to kick out? Any play with this type of motion in '11 the wing TE just lines up where he should motion to then does what he should do after the snap.
I know because its been three years that oregon, auburn and flordia have been running power plays from the gun and they still havent got that right yet

# 7 willz1985 @ 03/30/11 12:13 PM
sounds like some sort of awesome super power to call upon in times of need.

BADGER POWER!!! ACTIVATE!!!!

# 8 Aggies7 @ 03/30/11 12:13 PM
I will be using this play a lot...especially in goal line situations. Love some power football.

# 9 44drob @ 03/30/11 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreadEm

@ the 2.00 mark
Great stuff

But only if that PA keeper play after the 2:00
worked in NCAA that would be sweet !

# 10 D-Hiatus @ 03/30/11 01:32 PM
I agree with Senator Palmer....this play spells domination for those who have no clue about Defensive Formations....you have a FB...a pulling G....and a TE to wash out any other pesky defenders...Sweet!

# 11 osut fan @ 03/30/11 01:36 PM
this kinda looks like the HB Power O that Ohio State has in '11, but with a few more tweaks if that's the case then it's a great play to have if your a well known running team

# 12 65South @ 03/30/11 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
I hope linebackers read their keys and fit properly on pullers. If not prepare to give up 200 yards rushing a game.
This. See Air Force Maryland I: HB Toss and/or Power O and/or HB Counter Weak.

# 13 TDenverFan @ 03/30/11 03:59 PM
I lik3e this play! A solid run that looks like it'll be good for a sure 3-4 yards, at least.

# 14 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/30/11 06:15 PM
I will use this play some if it gets put into the Tar Heels playbook. It looks like a nice running play.

# 15 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 03/30/11 06:26 PM
I have a feeling this s going to be one of those plays that works well as long as the defense doesn't line up to defend it perfectly.

What I mjean by that is sure the play looks nice, but you can't make any pre-snap adjustments except to audible because of the green line motion.

But hey maybe Tiburon will actually fix the issue of not being able to motion multiple players.

# 16 khaliib @ 03/30/11 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I have a feeling this s going to be one of those plays that works well as long as the defense doesn't line up to defend it perfectly.

What I mjean by that is sure the play looks nice, but you can't make any pre-snap adjustments except to audible because of the green line motion.

But hey maybe Tiburon will actually fix the issue of not being able to motion multiple players.
Yesseree!!!

Would be nice if every play had an opposite for it.
Meaning every Run has a Pass that looks exactly the same and vice versa or multiple gap runs (A, B, Off tackle etc...) for the same set-up.

Also would be nice if we could give Blocking assignments on plays instead of EA dictating with their forced/canned assignments.

But that's a 2K Sports type of injection, not EA.

Curious with the "New" pylon physics if outside plays are made easier to force action to this area to highlight this feature???

Just a concern.

# 17 Palo20 @ 03/30/11 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm

I know I mentioned this in another thread, but that's how it is for QBs in real life. Motion is determined by the play call in the huddle. If the QB doesn't like what he sees at the line, he has to change the play. In real life, the QB doesn't come to the line, read the D, then determine who to motion and where to put them--that's just how we do it in video games.

I think pre determined motion is very "sim."

# 18 steelers1 @ 03/30/11 11:04 PM
How could you not like badger power?

# 19 Txtbook @ 03/30/11 11:59 PM
I can't wait to tear up the big 10 with this. On Wisconsin!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.