Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Figured it would be better to post some news about this. After the next title update is live (date is still TBD), you will not need to restart your franchise.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Mekias @ 04/05/11 10:38 AM
I'd also like to know if trade logic, free agency, and contracts are being fixed by this patch (or being looked at for future patches). I love the gameplay of The Show but the horrible logic for AI team management ruined my Franchise and RTTS last year. I don't want to have to control 30 teams where I choose who goes where. It feels like cheating and requires a ton more work on my part. The draft is especially ridiculous for a 30-team Franchise.

RTTS is even worse since I have zero control over what the AI does to my team. If I choose to play with my favorite team, I don't want all the great young talent in the organization to get traded away for peanuts so that I spend 6 or 7 major league seasons playing with a horrible team. It happened to both my RTTS players last year.

# 62 HustlinOwl @ 04/05/11 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekias
I'd also like to know if trade logic, free agency, and contracts are being fixed by this patch (or being looked at for future patches). I love the gameplay of The Show but the horrible logic for AI team management ruined my Franchise and RTTS last year. I don't want to have to control 30 teams where I choose who goes where. It feels like cheating and requires a ton more work on my part. The draft is especially ridiculous for a 30-team Franchise.

RTTS is even worse since I have zero control over what the AI does to my team. If I choose to play with my favorite team, I don't want all the great young talent in the organization to get traded away for peanuts so that I spend 6 or 7 major league seasons playing with a horrible team. It happened to both my RTTS players last year.
Really people

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...le-update.html

# 63 Mike3207 @ 04/05/11 03:31 PM
All it says on trade logic is that trades will be reduced, not that logic will be improved.I really don't want to see the likes of Johnny Cueto traded, not when he just a signed a cap-friendly 4 year deal. Same thing with Aroldis Chapman. I don't mind when veterans get traded in RTTS, but I really don't want to see talented young players traded in RTTS, unless you get a rich haul of prospects. I like the Show, but the best thing they can do for RTTS is give us control of trades and offseasons in this mode like they do in franchise.

# 64 Mekias @ 04/05/11 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Yes, I've read through the fixes. What I'm trying to figure out is "how many" of the problems are being solved here. It looks like the big free agency bug is being fixed but I think that there are going to still be significant problems with the team management AI even after this patch. What I'd like to know is if they are bad enough to ruin my Franchise/RTTS again. That will determine whether I start playing or not.

# 65 KuruptOwnz @ 04/05/11 04:48 PM
Still no timetable on the patch...

# 66 Tha_BlacKnight @ 04/06/11 11:38 PM
Good to know I don't have to start over with my sorry Cubbies lol

# 67 metal134 @ 04/07/11 01:42 AM
I assume that goes for RTTS as well? I shelved mine until I was sure one way or the other if I would have to restart.

# 68 EnigmaNemesis @ 04/07/11 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
I assume that goes for RTTS as well? I shelved mine until I was sure one way or the other if I would have to restart.
Correct, RttS and Franchise/Season all share the same logic.

# 69 bxgoods @ 04/07/11 10:47 AM
Where are the details about the patch?
Was it edited out, I could of swore it I saw it in this thread before.

# 70 aukevin @ 04/07/11 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
Where are the details about the patch?
Was it edited out, I could of swore it I saw it in this thread before.
You're probably thinking of this thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=475658

# 71 bxgoods @ 04/07/11 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
You're probably thinking of this thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=475658
Thanx

# 72 myghty @ 04/07/11 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekias
Yes, I've read through the fixes. What I'm trying to figure out is "how many" of the problems are being solved here. It looks like the big free agency bug is being fixed but I think that there are going to still be significant problems with the team management AI even after this patch. What I'd like to know is if they are bad enough to ruin my Franchise/RTTS again. That will determine whether I start playing or not.
No one is going to be able to answer your question till the actual patch is released.

# 73 Rawdeal28 @ 04/07/11 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl

and thanks russell and everyone else who works on the game. ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE!!!!!

# 74 MIKEY93 @ 04/07/11 08:31 PM
So if I'm in a franchise then download a patch, will the patch fix the bugs in the existing franchise?

# 75 Neolithic @ 04/07/11 08:33 PM
....yes....

# 76 myghty @ 04/08/11 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEY93
So if I'm in a franchise then download a patch, will the patch fix the bugs in the existing franchise?
...... did you really ask that question?

:sigh:

# 77 nonnel @ 04/08/11 04:01 PM
Quote:

Just genuinely curious... what did you think the topic and all the discussion in this thread was about? I mean, this might be a new low in the arena of reading comprehension.

# 78 KuruptOwnz @ 04/08/11 04:21 PM
Yes, let's insult people so they stop coming to the site. Wonderful...

# 79 Neolithic @ 04/08/11 04:29 PM
I'm all for being nice, but I think nonnel's cheeky response might be, and I hesitate to say "warranted", since I think we should be respectful to everyone here at OS. But it isn't like the answer to his question was buried inside walls of text, or a post buried deep in the middle of 20 pages of posts. It was the thread title you had to click on to post a reply...

just saying...

if I'm being trolled, so be it. I'm going to see if I can sweep the diamondbacks after a sweep of the pirates to open my Cubs franchise.

# 80 Mike3207 @ 04/08/11 04:43 PM
Quote:
It will fix the 2013 bug and the contract renewal issues; I have less confidence it will fix the faulty trade logic.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.