Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Figured it would be better to post some news about this. After the next title update is live (date is still TBD), you will not need to restart your franchise.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 BoSoxPujols @ 04/08/11 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
It will fix the 2013 bug and the contract renewal issues; I have less confidence it will fix the faulty trade logic.
It will as it will adjust team's goals and aims of trades from pennet chase to rebuilding etc. Russell already covered this. The trade logic issue is tied to this.

From the fix list thread:

Quote:
Set team strategies for the user teams as well.

Treat CPU controlled user teams as CPU teams for purposes of reducing trades during the season.

# 82 Legionnaire @ 04/08/11 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel
Just genuinely curious... what did you think the topic and all the discussion in this thread was about? I mean, this might be a new low in the arena of reading comprehension.
Maybe the fella wasn't sure if Russell was saying that the patch's "fixes" would apply to previously-saved franchises, or if he was simply saying that the patch wouldn't somehow break the franchise saves that had been stored before the patch.

# 83 meep316 @ 04/08/11 07:24 PM
I think people are way too touchy around here. Like yeah we should be respectful and stuff, but come on. I don't know how much clearer this thread could be and to come in and ask that question on the 8th frigging page, I mean come on. Really.

# 84 MIKEY93 @ 04/08/11 09:04 PM
Just wanted to be completely sure. Didn't know it was going to turn into a discussion. Lmao.

# 85 KuruptOwnz @ 04/08/11 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
I think people are way too touchy around here. Like yeah we should be respectful and stuff, but come on. I don't know how much clearer this thread could be and to come in and ask that question on the 8th frigging page, I mean come on. Really.
lol

# 86 Jorski @ 04/08/11 10:56 PM
If I download the patch, will I have to buy a new copy of The Show, or will it just automatically apply to my current copy?

Im sorry.

# 87 myghty @ 04/08/11 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorski
If I download the patch, will I have to buy a new copy of The Show, or will it just automatically apply to my current copy?

Im sorry.

Back on subject though. I can't wait to see how this patch turns out.

# 88 ryan36 @ 04/09/11 12:01 AM
Let's get back to the actual topic, guys. And I can't wait for the news , either!

# 89 Mike3207 @ 04/09/11 02:05 PM
Say I'm running a 1 team franchise and I get to the 1st offseason. If i play through the 1st offseason pre-patch, will the decisions made that offseason change with the patch?As an example, say Mike Leake isn't renewed that 1st offseason with the Reds. Will the patch change that?Or does it only affect decisions after the point at which you save your franchise.

# 90 Mekias @ 04/09/11 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxPujols
It will as it will adjust team's goals and aims of trades from pennet chase to rebuilding etc. Russell already covered this. The trade logic issue is tied to this.

From the fix list thread:
Set team strategies for the user teams as well.

Treat CPU controlled user teams as CPU teams for purposes of reducing trades during the season.
I don't think that statement will change anything about trade logic unless you're playing a 30-team franchise. A CPU controlled user team is a team under the control of a user but who has set trades as CPU controlled. At least that sounds like what it is. But if you're playing a 1-team franchise, you wouldn't allow the CPU to control your trades and if you're playing RTTS, it won't change the fact that the team you're stuck with for 8-9 years is trading off all its best players for almost nothing in return.

I've also heard that the CPU will vary their trading based on the team's status (rebuilding, normal, going for playoffs). Still, that doesn't change how the trade logic evaluates players. It'll just change the types of trades teams make.

I think this coming patch will alleviate some major problems but I hope that they realize there are other glaring problems that also need to be addressed. It's getting a little frustrating when the same problems are popping up year after year.

# 91 Bobhead @ 04/09/11 06:42 PM
So will I have to buy a new PS3 for the patch or will it work on my old one????????????

just kidding.

# 92 Mike3207 @ 04/11/11 01:34 PM
So will the patch only affect events after the last save?If I save after the 1st offseason, will the patch only effect future events or also change the result of the 1st offseason.

# 93 Tweeg @ 04/11/11 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
So will the patch only affect events after the last save?If I save after the 1st offseason, will the patch only effect future events or also change the result of the 1st offseason.
I'm sure it will only effect things in the future. If Leake goes to free agency, and then you download the patch, he's still going to be a free agent.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.