12:47 AM - April 4, 2011 by Mabster
A. Adding Audio Files to Your PS3 Hard Drive
- Connect an external source (i.e. USB flash drive or external hard drive) that contains audio files to your PS3 via one of the USB ports
- From your PS3’s XMB menu navigate to the USB Device under the Music tab
- Press Triangle and "Display All'
- Navigate to the file you want to copy, press Triangle and select Copy
- Repeat #4 for each file you want to use in Sounds of The Show
- Load MLB 12 The Show and navigate to Options > Sounds of The Show> Playlist Creator
- Use the D-pad left/right to move between the left column and the right column.
- The left column is your XMB Audio Library and displays all the audio files you have added to your PS3 hard drive. L2/R2 sorts the files by criteria, X tags a file into the playlist displayed in the right column. Files can be tagged into multiple playlists.
- The right column is where files are added so that they can be played in menus or attached to in game events. While in this column L2/R2 changes the playlist type, files must be added to In-Game Cues to in order for them to be used to customize players or teams. X removes the file from the current playlist.
C. Marking Files in Music Editor
- Jukebox Additions - Files that will play while navigating menus or during games if Music Mode is enabled.
- In-game Music Cues - Where you will add most files. These can be attached to team specific stadium events and/or home team player specific events such as walk-up music or home run song.
- Imported Chants - Files that when attached to events and played in game sound like the crowd is chanting them. Traditionally music doesn’t work so well here but a single voice or sounds recorded with mics under the User Recorder do.
- Imported Yells - Same as chants but are played with just a single voice not the whole crowd.
- Each file that was added to the In-Game Music Cues category can be marked at up to three different spots so the files can be played from different spots other then the very beginning.
- In the left column select the file to be marked. X plays and stops the file.
- Use the D-pad to move to the right column and move up/down to select one of the three marks you wish to edit.
D. Attaching files to Players and Stadium Events
- While the file is stopped, L2/R2 rewinds or fast-forwards the mark.
- X plays the file from the currently selected mark.
- While the file is playing,  can be used to drop the mark selected.
- Edit Players allows you to add the marked files from the previous steps to player specific events. Select the player you want to edit, navigate to the Personalize tab, select the event, select the file, and select the mark you wish to play for that event.
- Edit Teams allows you to add audio to specific in game events. Select the organization, select the MLB, AAA, or AA team. The top part of the window describes the event currently selected. Select the event you want to edit, select the file, and select the mark you wish to play for the event.