Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN has posted the second round results for the Madden NFL 12 cover athlete voting. Round 3 voting has begun. What are your thoughts so far?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Tengo Juego @ 04/04/11 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Rodgers and Vick need to be the finalists, and I am voting for Vick. The story of Vick on the cover is far better than Rodgers.
Far better? Why?

# 22 jeremym480 @ 04/04/11 05:45 PM
I'm okay with anyone other than Rodgers and Vick.

# 23 statum71 @ 04/04/11 06:51 PM
I can hear the uproar now if Vick wins. You guys know how people are.

# 24 dave731 @ 04/04/11 07:01 PM
I'm hoping Patrick Willis pulls it out...

# 25 Amare @ 04/04/11 08:36 PM
DANNY WOODHEAD BABY!

# 26 dannyr326 @ 04/04/11 09:00 PM
Everyone just vote for Danny Woodhead or Peyton Hillis. That is all.

# 27 BlackJack_Williams @ 04/04/11 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I can hear the uproar now if Vick wins. You guys know how people are.
Exactly.

As much as I would like another Eagle (especially Vick) on the cover, I agree that multiple appearances on the cover is kind of lame... let's give all deserving participates a chance to grace the cover of such stature.

# 28 ven0m43 @ 04/04/11 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
Hillis or Willis...is that too much to ask for?
Same, those are the only two that I want.

# 29 inglip @ 04/04/11 09:45 PM
I really don't see it being anyone else than Rodgers.

# 30 kjcheezhead @ 04/05/11 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I am a Danny Woodhead fan, but I don't want him on the cover of Madden.

While I was really happy Brees got it last year, I really don't want him to win again.

Rodgers and Vick need to be the finalists, and I am voting for Vick. The story of Vick on the cover is far better than Rodgers.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing P. Willy on the cover as well. Not only as a 49er fan, but because Defense needs all the love it can get. Ray-Ray was solo, but Troy had to share the cover.
I realize I'm sounding like a blind homer for saying this, but I don't know about that. I really don't care if he's on the cover or not, but Vick's story is that of NFL superstar who sabotaged his own career, served his time and then returned to the field as a superstar.

It's basically the same "redemption" story that was used for Big Ben, Jamal Lewis, Ray Lewis, Marshawn Lynch, and every other superstar that has gotten into trouble with the law.

Aaron Rodger's on the other hand is the guy who does all the right things, says all the right things and is constantly overlooked. Even this season, he had highest qb rating in the NFC and was among the tops in NFC in most major passing categories and was snubbed for the pro bowl. Once again, the guy took the snub in stride went out and played lights out throughout the playoffs and earned Superbowl MVP.

I'll take the Aaron Rodgers story every time.

# 31 mestevo @ 04/05/11 12:31 AM
It would be an upset at this point if Vick wins, just looking at the math.

These figures have some margin of error, only because we're seeing absolute percentages and not decimals. Doesn't matter because they're not even close though.

Rodgers has received a total of 638,280 votes out of 868,543 in his 2 wins, while Vick has only received 431,284 votes out of 765,878.

There are a lot of things that can account for the difference, including the controversy around Vick (so more votes for opposition), and things like the UI of the contest. 100,000 more people voted in Rodgers first matchup than Voted in Vick's, and you can see the same in other matchups too.

Presumably, if everyone who's voted for Rodgers and Vick continue to vote the same way, Rodgers will win.

I do find Vick's story more appealing, and in general I look forward to watching him play. Aaron Rodgers just excelled at doing his job this season. Vick is quite the story, love him or hate him, and when he snaps the ball a lot of people are watching to see what is going to happen next. Rodgers story to me last year was squelched by the injury situation and a compelte lack of trying to fix a running game. Can only imagine what would have happened if they'd made any effort at all for Marshawn Lynch.

# 32 sportzbro @ 04/05/11 12:55 AM
As much as I want to see Hillis, it's going to Aaron Rodger no matter how many votes anybody else gets. I think EA will just tweak the numbers if he looses in the real polls.

# 33 illwill10 @ 04/05/11 01:01 AM
i am a Mike Vick fan, but I am not a fan of repeat cover athletes. Hopefully Rodgers.

# 34 mestevo @ 04/05/11 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
As much as I want to see Hillis, it's going to Aaron Rodger no matter how many votes anybody else gets. I think EA will just tweak the numbers if he looses in the real polls.
Very unlikely because there is a contest involved.

# 35 illwill10 @ 04/05/11 06:30 PM
"

ESPN_JRobJon Robinson

Here it is, @eamadden @espn Round 3 'Madden NFL 12' voting update - ESPN http://tinyurl.com/4yn4fyz"
Aaron Rodger is beating 60 to 40. Hillis is beating 58 to 42

# 36 TrapStar215 @ 04/05/11 06:50 PM
^^^

You beat me to it!

# 37 Exonerated @ 04/06/11 01:33 AM
Vickkkkkkk

# 38 ir2proforu2 @ 04/06/11 02:38 AM
charles or willis baby

# 39 MrSkagTrendy @ 04/06/11 05:55 AM
I just don't want Rodgers to win, EA seem to be giving him an unbalanced amount of love..MV7 all the way baby

# 40 kingkilla56 @ 04/06/11 06:01 AM
Vick Vick Vick!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.