Home
News Post

As most of you are aware, EA Tiburon has taken over the reigns of the next NBA simulation basketball game from EA Sports. It was just announced that the new game will not be released until the fall of 2012.

From the press release...

Quote:
"EA SPORTS has also announced that it will launch its next NBA simulation title in fall 2012.

“As planned, our next NBA simulation title is in development at our Tiburon Studio in Orlando,” said Peter Moore, President, EA SPORTS. “We have top talent on the game, and we’re giving the new development team time to deliver a superior experience. We’re making great strides and looking forward to launching a new game next year."

Member Comments
# 1 rockchisler @ 04/05/11 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
rumors circulating...
I heard this back in December from a Former employee that The team STILL wasnt put together as of late novemeber and that is the usual time for pre development meetings and with the game being built from the ground up that person said "No Way" this game will be out this year. Take it for what its worth but he's very reliable.....

# 2 jhawk826 @ 04/05/11 05:18 PM
Stick a fork in this franchise.

# 3 Facts @ 04/05/11 05:24 PM
I love NBA2K but still, competition pushes the best out of businesses. I hope Mike Wang and the crew doesn't get lazy.

# 4 jhawk826 @ 04/05/11 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
I love NBA2K but still, competition pushes the best out of businesses. I hope Mike Wang and the crew doesn't get lazy.
I just mentioned that to a buddy of mine a few minutes ago word for word.

# 5 blarg. @ 04/05/11 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
i was just thinking that, 2k11 is awesome but there is always room for improvement. without competition they have the potential to get lazy and just re-release the same product b/c there is nothing for them to compete against.

# 6 TUSS11 @ 04/05/11 05:35 PM
It's too bad we won't be able to see where they're at with the game for another year. It's always nice to watch the progression.

# 7 DaReapa @ 04/05/11 05:40 PM
Even though I haven't purchased an NBA Live title since Live 03, I really hate the lack of competition on the sim bball arena this year. Though I'm an avid NBA 2K fan, I haven't been all too pleased with the direction the series has taken the last three years, and am a bit pessimistic about this year's release. Having said that, I can respect EA for at least devoting another year toward development instead of just rushing the game through the door to make a quick buck. But after the NBA Elite fiasco, this was probably their only option.

# 8 sroz39 @ 04/05/11 05:47 PM
Where would the game be if they had just given the original dev team the two years it needed to take the series in the direction Elite was headed in? The management decisions continue to baffle...

# 9 Canes305 @ 04/05/11 05:54 PM
Stick to football and hockey,EA

# 10 B-Ball Life @ 04/05/11 05:58 PM
cant wait to see some more news on this. i love 2k11 but i would give a lot to play some ea ball again. i need that crossover stick in my life.

# 11 khaliib @ 04/05/11 06:39 PM
Basketball is not a big market like Football.

I can't understand why they would drop their College Basketball when they would have reaped 100% of available prodits, for a very, very small piece of the pie that they would get by competing with a Game that has left them in the dust.

Innovation has not been EA's strongest quality.
Whatever they release at this point, has to be something that 2k does not offer in it's game.

They're known for replicating what's out, and many times not replicating it any better.
This is why I feel they are just too far behind.

# 12 Boilerbuzz @ 04/05/11 06:47 PM
I don't worry about 2K getting lazy because they know that EA has time to make something decent. I'm 100% sure they don't want to be caught off guard in '12 and lose all of the ground they've worked so hard to gain.

But let me be the first to remind you all that I called this. I've never known Tiburon to be a developer that would take someone else's broken code and try to work with it. They like to do their OWN thing. Who could blame them?

# 13 pietasterp @ 04/05/11 07:31 PM
Wow....exclusivity without having to pay for it....

# 14 BlueNGold @ 04/05/11 08:33 PM
To be honest I was expecting them to release a game this year, but I guess that won't be the case. It is a little surprising to me. Hopefully with all this time they can do things right.

If they're building from the ground up (again...) hopefully they implement a solid base that they can keep expanding on. Just make sure the game plays realistic out of the box and don't worry about extra BS features. The focus should be on the basics like gameplay, presentation, control, franchise mode, etc. I don't want to see Be A Pro, I don't want to see Ultimate Team, I don't want to see any of those extra features. I just want the best possible playing game. And please switch the name back to Live.

# 15 davis420 @ 04/05/11 08:55 PM
I want to know if we are ever going to see another College Basketball Game?!

# 16 mrclutch @ 04/05/11 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
Well if your saying "ever" I'm sure somebody will give it a shot. I doubt it would be anytime soon.

# 17 bonannogiovanni @ 04/05/11 09:24 PM
Does this mean they have started from scratch with develpoment or part of the code from 11 will be kept as a basis?

# 18 LionsFanNJ @ 04/05/11 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
IMO a college/Pro game should be released as one product. At least then the College license would make its money back. Problems would come with disc space...

# 19 TitanEagleMemDet @ 04/05/11 11:03 PM
All i want to know is since EA is bowing out for this year, will NBA 2k12 actually have a full fledged allstar weekend in the Association mode, i.e a real dunk comp, real 3pt etc..If so that would be nice addition to the game.

# 20 da ThRONe @ 04/05/11 11:28 PM
It's hard to imagine if atleast one of EA studios haven't been working on Elite since being cancelled that they will make that much of an improvement. Enough to compete with 2K13 anyways.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.