Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

With the recent news of EA Sports launching its next NBA simulation title in the Fall of 2012, how does that make you feel, about the upcoming NBA 2K12? Nervous, confident? Let us know.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 moonpie3 @ 04/09/11 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Fine you thought the game suck you are in the minority.
How you come to that number...what makes you think that over 50% of the people around the world like 2k lol wow its amazing how people think they know so much and know so little...any way I speak for the people I come across everyday,online,streets and I I'm not crazy who you speak for ....the couple thousand on the here and 2ksports site ...get real homie

# 102 TUSS11 @ 04/09/11 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDotd
I love how we're mentioning 2K7 in the same breathe as 2K11. 2K7 was great for it's time, I doubt anyone would argue that, I still remember how hype the forum was before its release, but it is trash compared to 2K11. For every problem in 2K11 you can name 5 more in 2K7. Gameplay/Presentation/Feature wise (aka the entire game) 2K11 puts 2K7 to shame, and I'm not sure what you posted is true.
I agree that 2K11 is far superior to 2K7 in so many areas; too many to count. I'm just stating that they have abandoned the little things that 2K7 did so well. And to me the little things make all the difference.

Take for example a 3-on-1 fastbreak situation. In 2K11, lead passing is so powerful that if you pass to a teammate cutting in from the foul-line extended, the pass will literally lead him under the hoop. And 9/10 times the pass will get picked off because you're passing right to the defender. So instead of an easy 2-points you get a turnover.

When you try to emulate a real life situation but the final result is the opposite of what you'd expect in real life, it's really frustrating. These are just small annoyances but they're frequent and they add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
It's simple. As a total package, it's the best basketball game ever made, but underneath, there are still a lot of problems that need to be address for 2K12:

-The lack of offensive rebounding exists because they aren't any players properly boxing out or fighting for position. Because of thus, the defensive rebounding prevails because he already as position closer to the basket by default.

- Players cutting towards the perimeter instead of towards the paint when the lane is wide open. The severely cuts down on offensive proficiency and efficiency. Running plays is still cumbersome in my opinion because of the flawed off ball movement.

- Incorrect passing types for the wrong situations

- On-ball defense is atrocious

The thing with 2K11 is that it does so many things right that the things it does wrong are easily glossed over by the fan base. Make no mistake, it's still the best basketball game ever, but it's far from being the crown prince when it comes to basketball fundamentals 101. I'll put it this way: it's an excellent representation of the NBA but just a meager representation of basketball.
Well said. All I want is a game that gets the basketball fundamentals down. I don't think that's asking for too much. 2K11 has nearly all the nuances of NBA strategy down correct, it's just lacking in the fundamentals of the game and the laws of nature (balls don't pass through hands).

# 103 mkharsh33 @ 04/09/11 10:19 PM
This is a GREAT game. Perfect? No... But probably the most complete sports game I've played in my life of gaming (easily top 5). I'm 37 and find this game to be immensely enjoyable. Most of the problems this game has can be fixed with slider tweaks (just like every other game).

Turnovers are a part of the NBA game... If you watch a game you'll sometimes shake your head in disbelief. This game captures that. There are flaws in this game, but they've kept the exploits to a minimum.

I am strictly an offline player, so anything to do with online has no bearing on my thoughts... I cannot speak for that aspect of this game. But a solid game that can only get better...

# 104 ILLSmak @ 04/09/11 11:54 PM
2k8 was 2ks last attempt at a game that played sim not just looked sim, but it was ruined by some stupid stuff like lock on D and lead passes.

I'm not confidence in where 2k is going period... but I always hear all of the hype and am like "Oh well I gotta try it... maybe it really is different." But it never is. 2k9, 10, 11... burned again. I dunno if I can mess w/ Live 10 for another year though.

I dunno what EA is doing... and I dunno why people dig 2k's game like it's so great. They must not understand basketball on a deep level other than what they watch on TV.

-Smak

# 105 aloncho11 @ 04/09/11 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
2k will be fine. For one its not like Elite/Live is never coming back. Who knows what they're going to do to try and dig into 2k's slice of the pie. I'm sure 2k knows this and won't rest on their laurels.
I think the same as you do. Well said.

# 106 coolcras7 @ 04/10/11 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie3
How you come to that number...what makes you think that over 50% of the people around the world like 2k lol wow its amazing how people think they know so much and know so little...any way I speak for the people I come across everyday,online,streets and I I'm not crazy who you speak for ....the couple thousand on the here and 2ksports site ...get real homie
Once again voted sport game of the year by G4, Operation Sports, VGA, IGN and many other, 89-90 metric score, but according to you that means nothing because your opinion means everything so 2k should forget about all the awards and accolades it received because you said the game sucks and that is all that matters, yes you are in the minority my friend, you say a few thousand feel like you do, that the game Suck all around and that you some how did a survey and we should just take your word. The game sold over 3 million copies, so a few thousand who choice to hate the game for there own reason is acceptable by any standards, you can even look at this thread most of the responses are positive about the game and the direction 2k is taking it, there are like 3-5 people so claim that the game is overrated yet have not come up with a legitimate argument or a better alternative to NBA 2k11, and lastly saying IMO does not make your statements legitimate. Even the people and I include myself who consider this the best sports game they have played can still name many aspects that still need to be tweaked, fixed or removed for the series example online has been a legit issue with 2k for year but even with those issues the game is still extremely enjoyable and if you choice not to see that then that is your problem, the 2k series will continue to lead the way when it comes to basketball simulation games hopefully for years to come with or without you purchasing it ever again.

# 107 moonpie3 @ 04/10/11 10:24 AM
Quote:
Once again voted sport game of the year by G4, Operation Sports, VGA, IGN and many other, 89-90 metric score, but according to you that means nothing because your opinion means everything so 2k should forget about all the awards and accolades it received because you said the game sucks and that is all that matters, yes you are in the minority my friend, you say a few thousand feel like you do, that the game Suck all around and that you some how did a survey and we should just take your word. The game sold over 3 million copies, so a few thousand who choice to hate the game for there own reason is acceptable by any standards, you can even look at this thread most of the responses are positive about the game and the direction 2k is taking it, there are like 3-5 people so claim that the game is overrated yet have not come up with a legitimate argument or a better alternative to NBA 2k11, and lastly saying IMO does not make your statements legitimate. Even the people and I include myself who consider this the best sports game they have played can still name many aspects that still need to be tweaked, fixed or removed for the series example online has been a legit issue with 2k for year but even with those issues the game is still extremely enjoyable and if you choice not to see that then that is your problem, the 2k series will continue to lead the way when it comes to basketball simulation games hopefully for years to come with or without you purchasing it ever again.
Well I tell u this homie they sold over 3 mill right the other game didn't even come out so people who love b-ball had to get 2k and I hate live/elite so I'm a die hard 2kfan but like how many people got 2k 3mill+ if this was the best it would've sold over 10 Hell 1.50 might be live/elite people so all them sites giving scores who cares dog the game has to many problems to be scored that high...not to change the subject but black ops sold a lot over 50 mill if I'm not mistaken and I know a lot of people don't play sports but for u to glorify this game like this is crazy...I like u tho cause u will stand up for 2k and I was the same...not anymore I want 2k to be the best game ever and I believe they can do it but for them to do it they need to go back to 2k7-2k8 put some rtp in it and leave Jordan and them old teams out cause I don't care for them I want gameplay fix

# 108 moonpie3 @ 04/10/11 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
2k8 was 2ks last attempt at a game that played sim not just looked sim, but it was ruined by some stupid stuff like lock on D and lead passes.

I'm not confidence in where 2k is going period... but I always hear all of the hype and am like "Oh well I gotta try it... maybe it really is different." But it never is. 2k9, 10, 11... burned again. I dunno if I can mess w/ Live 10 for another year though.

I dunno what EA is doing... and I dunno why people dig 2k's game like it's so great. They must not understand basketball on a deep level other than what they watch on TV.

-Smak
That's how I feel ...after 2k10 I said they gotta come better so I looked on here all the time for news on 2k11 waiting,hoping the fix it and made the game I was looking for... but its the same ol same ol....but don't say that cause cool will be mad lmao

# 109 coolcras7 @ 04/10/11 11:23 AM
Quote:
Well I tell u this homie they sold over 3 mill right the other game didn't even come out so people who love b-ball had to get 2k and I hate live/elite so I'm a die hard 2kfan but like how many people got 2k 3mill+ if this was the best it would've sold over 10 Hell 1.50 might be live/elite people so all them sites giving scores who cares dog the game has to many problems to be scored that high...not to change the subject but black ops sold a lot over 50 mill if I'm not mistaken and I know a lot of people don't play sports but for u to glorify this game like this is crazy...I like u tho cause u will stand up for 2k and I was the same...not anymore I want 2k to be the best game ever and I believe they can do it but for them to do it they need to go back to 2k7-2k8 put some rtp in it and leave Jordan and them old teams out cause I don't care for them I want gameplay fix
Well we can both agree we want the best and most realistic basketball game period we may differ on certain aspects that constitutes that but what fun would the world be if everyone thought the same.

# 110 moonpie3 @ 04/10/11 12:39 PM
Quote:
Well we can both agree we want the best and most realistic basketball game period we may differ on certain aspects that constitutes that but what fun would the world be if everyone thought the same.
Fosho I hope for the best in the next 1.I'm good at the game but find myself losing because something stupid happens lmao...so the next one if done right will sale 10 mill ...my gamertag is Unwornbasher xbox360 hit me up

# 111 DurtySoufReppin @ 04/10/11 01:14 PM
Quote:
2k would be crazy to get rid of the classic teams..

# 112 moonpie3 @ 04/10/11 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
Maybe but I think it was a waste of time cause who cares about Jordan I don't yea he was the best but I don't wanna play him

# 113 DurtySoufReppin @ 04/10/11 02:13 PM
Quote:
Maybe but I think it was a waste of time cause who cares about Jordan I don't yea he was the best but I don't wanna play him
maybe you don't..

but I'm sure die hard basketball fans would like to play with the greatest player of all time and one of the biggest Sports Icons in the history of sports? lol

come on now... put your personal interests to the side and be reasonable.. I don't play with Jordan that much neither because I don't play offline that much but it is a great luxury to have him in the game..

# 114 moonpie3 @ 04/10/11 02:38 PM
Quote:
maybe you don't..

but I'm sure die hard basketball fans would like to play with the greatest player of all time and one of the biggest Sports Icons in the history of sports? lol

come on now... put your personal interests to the side and be reasonable.. I don't play with Jordan that much neither because I don't play offline that much but it is a great luxury to have him in the game..
Leave him out and work on the gameplay Hell I rather they work on gameplay and cut mp out and that's the only thing I play now and can anyone help me get the crew game thing to work please .....thnx

# 115 Boilerbuzz @ 04/18/11 10:23 AM
Quote:
Leave him out and work on the gameplay Hell I rather they work on gameplay and cut mp out and that's the only thing I play now and can anyone help me get the crew game thing to work please .....thnx
No offense, man, but I hope 2K never targets you as a customer. Seriously. If you think that the game isn't one of the better representations of real basketball (No one said it was an exact replica, so stop going there.) of all time, then I would LOVE to see your list of better games.

Let's not get it twisted - you're talking about a video game here. It's a game. The people that make these games are highly intelligent, but this is not rocket science. There are few guys in the industry that have PhDs in physics and psychology. So to model the REAL life game is basketball takes more than a team of artists, video game designers, and software engineers. And what you're asking for is exactly that - a true simulation of every aspect of the physical world. Well, get over it; you're NOT going to that any time soon. You have guys with PhDs that are STILL trying to figure out how the human body thinks and moves. You still have NBA head coaches still trying to figure out the best strategies and how to motivate players. You still have NBA players that continue to work on their games and minimize their mistakes. Yet, you want a VIDEO GAME do be able to simulate it all perfectly? Come on.

If you don't like that game, that's cool. But I agree with coolcras7; you seemed to be trolling trying to claim it's the "worst". Seriously? It's not perfect, but it mops the floor with almost every other sim *basketball video game* ever made. It's sold never 4 million units - more than any other basketball sim ever if I'm not mistaken. So, yeah, your opinion is in the minority. To compare it's sales to other games in high volume genres shows an ignorance to the industry. Sports video games don't have the same reach as games like COD or Halo. So to say it "would have sold 10 million" is silly. You forget that there's HUGE section of the video game audience that doesn't play ANY sports. The people that play both is a lighter portion. The guys that love the game actually go outside to play it - not sit by a TV to do it.

Again, I have much respect for your differing opinion. But some of your statements fly in the face of evidence to the contrary and that has you coming off as a troll. I'm not sitting here defending the game. I'm just saying that there are many flaws in your statements and that many people seems to really enjoy the game for many of the qualities you claim to dislike or you claim don't exist.

But if you have legit gripes; instead of just saying you think the game sucks, back it up. There are many sticky threads that you can use. If you've used them, great - I'm sure VC will see your comments. If your complaints are valid to the devs, I'm sure they'd be addressed at some point.

# 116 spankdatazz22 @ 04/18/11 01:47 PM
Well said Boilerbuzz

While I'm extremely confident in NBA2K12, one thing I do fear - and I hate to bring it up - is EA going after NBA exclusivity sometime in the near future. Given the success of NBA2K11 (it's consistently charted top 10 sales since it released 5-6months ago, which is pretty remarkable) and EA choosing to wait another year for their basketball entry, one way they could catch up quickly is to stalemate competition until they catch up.

From what I've read an NBA lockout is all but guaranteed and it seems owners are pushing for a restructuring, similar to what the NHL had to do to get it's financial house in order. Would seem like a time when David Stern might be more open to having boatloads of cash thrown at him. Would harm basketball gaming for sure, but hey - some people still defend EA's role with the NFL/NCAA exclusives despite the obvious harm it caused football gaming. EA would get a lot of flak but they're probably immune to the negativity internally.

# 117 kolanji @ 04/18/11 07:19 PM
games are always going to be scrutinized and compared to each other in the same genre as a benchmark of quality,and nba 2k and live/elite for that matter are no different.but what i think is that sports titles should be compared to the sport it is trying to simulate first b4 comparisons to each other .and then you as a consumer of what ur most likely to have fun with.is it an arcade type experience u want or u wanna get down to the stats and actuality of the real life counterpart the game is trying to simulate.
with that being said fun and expectations are what u make of it and whatever fits that bill is more likely ur comfort zone and by all means do indulge urself based on ur own opinion and nobody else's. EA obviously wants to regain the confidence in their product with time but this doesn't by any means discredits TAKE TWO to want the same giving the absence of a competitor.and by all means we should not compromise our thoughts and facts about this talented bunch at 2k sports to deliver their product despite given such a short developing time frame of sports title of more or less 1 year.we should sit back give them room to first fail if so be the case and then by all means we have grounds to lay or opinions based on judgments.but until that so happens to reveal itself then TAKE TWO has nothing but a solid foundation when it comes to innovations and the prosperity of the franchise to moved forward.
so the question remains With No EA Sports Sim Basketball Title Until 2012, Are You Confident in NBA 2K12
given the track record of TAKE TWO.....yes my man STEVE, yes i am.

# 118 rspencer86 @ 04/19/11 01:05 PM
I think one thing that is important to consider is just how important the NBA 2K franchise is to 2K Sports and Take-Two as a whole. If you look at it, 2K Sports is clinging on by a thread. It's been well documented that the MLB 2K series has been a black hole financially since the semi-exclusive agreement was signed. The Top Spin series does well internationally, but it's not a giant units-mover. The NHL 2K series is seemingly on life support. College Hoops series has already been cut due to financial reasons.

In other words, 2K Sports and Take Two can't afford NBA 2K to have an "off year." It's the only sports title that is succeeding for them right now. It's the one game that is keeping 2K sports afloat. If the NBA 2K series starts to trail off, I'd bet Take Two would just drop the division completely.

So, although there is no direct competition from EA again this year, the pressure is still very high for the dev team to deliver a major hit.

# 119 Nickman310 @ 05/28/11 07:37 PM
HERE IS WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN THAT IS REALLY SIMPLE:
2k should make it so that the fans are realistic. I think everyone has noticed that the crowd does the same thing the whole game. They jump up and wave their hands around at random times. Also, the bench reactions should be much better. Just play the game and you will see what i am talking about.

# 120 FedExPope @ 06/05/11 12:33 AM
Quote:
They need to add more classic teams as well. You get the friggin Cav team that basically just has Mike Price. So why not a Pacers team so you can play with Reggie Miller? Heck maybe even ollld teams, with Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain (even though rules are a little different nowadays.) They have the 94-95 Knicks team that has John Starks on it...why not get the chance to dominate him with Miller? Heck even more recent teams, like the Lakers teams with Kobe and Shaq would be cool imo.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.