Home
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition News Post

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that an all-new digital download of EA SPORTS™ NBA JAM will be available in October. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition is being developed for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, and it will be available on PlayStation® Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition will feature exciting new gameplay enhancements, including ground-breaking artificial intelligence that will change the way gamers play NBA JAM.

“EA SPORTS continues to support this iconic franchise through a new digital download and we’re taking everything fans loved about the original and adding a host of new features,” said Trey Smith, Line Producer, NBA JAM: On Fire Edition. “We’ve listened to all of the feedback from our fans and we are driven to deliver the very best NBA JAM experience to date.”

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition contains new gameplay features including:
  • REAL AI: Featuring the ground-breaking AI system used in the Fight Night franchise that learns your tendencies and throws them back in your face.
  • JAM Arena: Play solo, or team up with friends and take on the world in a new, dynamic online competition.
  • Road Trip: A cooperative online campaign where you can team up with friends and compete in a series of white-knuckle challenges against the current superstars and timeless legends from each of the 30 NBA Teams.
  • Tag Mode and Team Fire return! Swap players “on the fly” and ignite your entire team by performing consecutive cooperative moves!
  • More NBA JAM Hotness: Online roster updates, more NBA superstars, legendary NBA players, over-the-top animations, JAM challenges, secret teams and unlockable characters than ever before!

Game: NBA JAM: On Fire EditionReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 7 - View All
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SonicXtreme @ 04/05/11 10:56 PM
this should be a free patch wth EA. garbage. they released a game with broken online play for fifty bucks then release a 'new one' less than a year later, man this better cost five dollars like the freaking iphone game does, which gets roster updates while my 360 one doesn't

# 2 jyoung @ 04/06/11 10:46 AM
The final slap in the face to those who bought the 360/PS3 retail version.

# 3 murph17 @ 04/06/11 10:54 AM
"On Fire" of course is referring to the rear ends of all of us who bought the disc version this fall

glad i only paid $20 for it. mark my words...this will be a $15 game when it comes out.

# 4 muggins @ 04/06/11 03:16 PM
I don't mean to add insult to injury, but the writing was on the wall from the beginning regarding the disc version of this game. $60 isn't really gonna break me at all, but I'm glad I didn't purchase the game yet.

# 5 Pared @ 04/06/11 03:57 PM
Just do yourselves a favor and stop expecting them to put out a roster update.*

*cue the "it's 2011, it's standard" comments.

# 6 dragonyeuw @ 04/07/11 09:47 AM
Ridiculous, no way this should be anything but DLC...

# 7 SeerMagicX @ 04/07/11 09:05 PM
man if they fix the AI I will pay 20 bucks easy. It was either easy or cheap, I'd love for it to be challenging without flat out cheating.

# 8 jyoung @ 04/09/11 04:43 PM
Well I bought the retail copy of Jam for $30 and just sold it on Amazon for $25, so that makes me feel a little better about it.

Still doesn't excuse the fact that they should've made this an update to the retail version instead of a new game.

# 9 aloncho11 @ 04/15/11 05:39 PM
The iPod/iPhone verson of NBA JAM is much better than the console version

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.