Home
DiRT 3 News Post

For the hardcore DiRT 3 fans out there. Gamestop has the DiRT 3 Ken Block Gymkhana RC car bundle for $299.99. YIKES!

Who's in?

Game: DiRT 3Reader Score: 9.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
DiRT 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 sikolec @ 04/07/11 07:27 PM
Actually this isn't that bad of a deal...

The RC car is a Traxxas 1/16 RTR Rally Racer with 2.4 GHz radio and a brushless motor. This is a hobby RC car, not just a toy RC car...and yes there is a big difference. This car will go 30+ mph and even faster if you upgraded the NiMH battery and possibly the ESC...

Here is a link to just the car:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FecbQgodelUyCw

For $309.99, if you figure Dirt 3 goes for $59.99...then you are saving roughly $69.99

So kind of a good deal, if you are into hobby RC car racing (like me...although I'm more of a 1/10 scale kind of person)

# 2 josef @ 04/07/11 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikolec

The RC car is a Traxxas 1/16 RTR Rally Racer with 2.4 GHz radio and a brushless motor. This is a hobby RC car, not just a toy RC car...and yes there is a big difference. This car will go 30+ mph and even faster if you upgraded the NiMH battery and possibly the ESC...

For $309.99, if you figure Dirt 3 goes for $59.99...then you are saving roughly $69.99

So kind of a good deal, if you are into hobby RC car racing (like me...although I'm more of a 1/10 scale kind of person)
hmm.. thanks for the insight. my cuz is into this stuff (albeit, overseas in Okinawa where its super popular) and he absolutely loves the RC car scene.. doubt i'll get into it tho. too many sweet games out right now to be spending that kinda dough on a new hobby.

# 3 Steve_OS @ 04/08/11 12:16 AM
Had NO idea RC was so HUGE like that. Must be some SERIOUS racers out there.

# 4 fliplm0de @ 04/08/11 03:00 AM
WOW not bad at all, know a lot of people into this hobby and sure a few are gonna jump on it.

# 5 sikolec @ 04/08/11 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Had NO idea RC was so HUGE like that. Must be some SERIOUS racers out there.
Yeah it's quite the hobby. Expensive, but tons of fun to work on the cars and race them at your local hobby store or track. Down here in Southern California, there are quite a few off-road and on-road tracks. Don't think there is much of a scene for the 1/16 scale cars, but would still be fun to bash with...

# 6 Steve_OS @ 04/08/11 06:02 PM
Pretty damn cool. Saw a few clips on Youtube. Had NO idea.

# 7 TCrouch @ 04/08/11 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Pretty damn cool. Saw a few clips on Youtube. Had NO idea.
Dork.

I even told you about it like 5 years ago when I got this gas-powered Traxxas truck that I was tearing tracks up with.

# 8 Steve_OS @ 04/08/11 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Dork.

I even told you about it like 5 years ago when I got this gas-powered Traxxas truck that I was tearing tracks up with.
LMAO. You think I remember 5 years ago? I barely remember last week.

# 9 Evolved @ 04/09/11 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikolec

Gamestop got their facts wrong and it's since been corrected.

"MODEL 7308: Traxxas Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta, Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race®, with TQ AM radio, Titan® 550 motor, XL-5 Electronic Speed Control, 7.2 volt NiMH battery & charger, and ProGraphix® painted body."

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.