Home
Madden 12 News Post

According to PastaPadre, Ian Cummings, Creative Director of the Madden franchise, is leaving Tiburon.

He also states there are quite a few other big names going with him.

What do you think about this news?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/12/11 02:07 PM
I just read that too.......

wow

# 2 RGiles36 @ 04/12/11 02:10 PM
Definitely a surprise! Wow!

# 3 ch46647 @ 04/12/11 02:13 PM
Wow, did he leave on his own or was he pushed out?

I am sorry to hear this about Ian as I think he really cared about trying to turn this franchise around. The more you look into this it just seems like everything to do with Madden is in complete dissaray. The franchise has never had any true sense of direction since the next-gen. They literally spend an entire year on features in the game just to remove them or leave them un-touched a year or two later. Its a shame because Madden was one of the more dominant game franchises out there for years. Since 2005 the only thing even keeping them around is the fact they are the only NFL game in town.

Best of luck in the future Ian!

# 4 kjcheezhead @ 04/12/11 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Wow, did he leave on his own or was he pushed out?

I am sorry to hear this about Ian as I think he really cared about trying to turn this franchise around. The more you look into this it just seems like everything to do with Madden is in complete dissaray. The franchise has never had any true sense of direction since the next-gen. They literally spend an entire year on features in the game just to remove them or leave them un-touched a year or two later. Its a shame because Madden was one of the more dominant game franchises out there for years. Since 2005 the only thing even keeping them around is the fact they are the only NFL game in town.
The title of this thread is misleading imo. Pasta originally posted that these members were choosing to leave and take high wage jobs with a new start up company.

# 5 ch46647 @ 04/12/11 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The title of this thread is misleading imo. Pasta originally posted that these members were choosing to leave and take high wage jobs with a new start up company.
Oh ok, well I am glad that it was on his terms.

# 6 evad @ 04/12/11 02:17 PM
Did not expect this.

# 7 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/12/11 02:18 PM
Yea I'm a bit shocked at Ian leaving aswell. I never thought he would of jumped ship. But oh well he had a good run while it lasted. I guess he wanted to leave and do better things in his life I guess. I'm thinking Josh Looman maybe one of the others leaving aswell. Not sure yet but I have that strange feeling about this one. But Ian you will be missed.

# 8 MrSkagTrendy @ 04/12/11 02:22 PM
Why are they all leaving mid-cycle? What is going to happen to Madden 12...

# 9 Hassan Darkside @ 04/12/11 02:25 PM
Caught me off guard. I wonder if this is similar to Mike Wang leaving the NBA Live team because they didn't share the same vision. If so, we all know how that story ended.

However, I am anxious to see what the future entails for these ex-Tiburon guys.

# 10 mvb34 @ 04/12/11 02:27 PM
So this explan to me why on twitter he'd say follow Fillycheze for Madden 12 news.. Best wish Ian..

# 11 jeremym480 @ 04/12/11 02:28 PM
Well at least he got the surprise onside kicks in... Every time I try one I'll think of him and pour one out for him.

In all seriousness, I can't fault anyone for trying to better oneself by taking a better job opportunity. Best of luck in the future Ian (and whoever else is leaving).

# 12 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/12/11 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
Why are they all leaving mid-cycle? What is going to happen to Madden 12...
Madden 12 will be fine bro. They are already doing demo to the press this week to get ready for the draft. These few guys leaving ain't going to hurt the game that much. I'm sure EA got this under control.

# 13 Pacman83 @ 04/12/11 02:36 PM
Thats s****y. Liked his vision for the game, even though it could never get there, it was making some strides.

Ah well, best to him and his fam.

# 14 blklightning @ 04/12/11 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Madden 12 will be fine bro. They are already doing demo to the press this week to get ready for the draft. These few guys leaving ain't going to hurt the game that much. I'm sure EA got this under control.
after the last four or five years, i don't know how you can still say this. but i do hope you're right because i'm tired of not having an nfl football game to play with friends.

# 15 coogrfan @ 04/12/11 02:39 PM
Have we heard when these resignations will take effect?

# 16 JohnDoe8865 @ 04/12/11 02:41 PM
Big shocker ... didn't see it coming. Really wonder about the future of 'Madden' in general now

# 17 jmurphy31 @ 04/12/11 02:44 PM
I guess it makes sense that he isnt out PRing with phil and the other guy this week. Kind of sucks because I thought Ian was doing a good job and was truly passionate about the game. Cant blame him though, probably will make more money on his own and probably wont have to listen to the constant backlash of Madden fans

# 18 RGiles36 @ 04/12/11 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Caught me off guard. I wonder if this is similar to Mike Wang leaving the NBA Live team because they didn't share the same vision. If so, we all know how that story ended.
I really don't know, but if Pasta's article is accurate, it seems as though Ian is leaving on his own terms for a better opportunity. Doesn't seem to be the same situation that it was for NBA Live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
after the last four or five years, i don't know how you can still say this. but i do hope you're right because i'm tired of not having an nfl football game to play with friends.
It's easy -- not everyone is up in arms about the quality of Madden. Many people do enjoy it .

# 19 Hova57 @ 04/12/11 02:49 PM
Beyond the videogames, as for actual life goes I applaud him. Sometimes no matter how much you love or like your job. sometimes the downside to it makes it not worth it. You have to make a change its hard, but if your willing to accept it. it could make your life better, hopefully that's what Ian shooting for.

Good Luck Ian,

Thanks for everything.

# 20 RGiles36 @ 04/12/11 02:49 PM
How long before the very people that openly despise the Madden franchise say they'll miss Ian?

« Previous1234567891516Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.