Home
Madden 12 News Post

According to PastaPadre, Ian Cummings, Creative Director of the Madden franchise, is leaving Tiburon.

He also states there are quite a few other big names going with him.

What do you think about this news?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 301 SageInfinite @ 04/13/11 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You and are in the same boat. I think we pretty much have been for the last 5 or 6 years.. But there are others out there who simply post in here to take their shots, and we all know why.

I have no doubts that EA could make the greatest football game known to man, and there would be a core group of people taking shots at it for the exact same reasons they have for the last 7 years.
Oh yea I totally agree. You will always have those select few who feel the need to go "there". EA/Tiburon has definitely given them alot of ammo this gen though, lol.

# 302 Tengo Juego @ 04/13/11 09:42 PM
Found this in the comments of the latest picture Phil Frazier tweeted:
http://yfrog.com/h0qtyljj

# 303 bkrich83 @ 04/13/11 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Oh yea I totally agree. You will always have those select few who feel the need to go "there". EA/Tiburon has definitely given them alot of ammo this gen though, lol.
EA certainly deserves more than it's share of criticism. But some of the stuff, in this very thread even is ridiculous.

I mean EA's problem is that they dev on the 360 instead of the PS3 because of Bluray? I mean really? That's simply stupid.. And just an example of people reaching in order to lodge a complaint.

Another guy saying EA's problem is they aren't hiring enough guys with computer science degrees? I wonder if they realize how many pioneers of this industry don't even have a HS diploma, or how the lead programmer for NFL 2k5 and APF, didn't get his degree in computer science but in another field.

Or that Ian must have been fired because he went to a startup? Uh, duh, that's how the tech field works for the most part.

It's the same people every time. Continually spewing stuff that simply isn't true to further their agenda or to try to prove some point.

# 304 RazzBerry80 @ 04/13/11 09:58 PM
Quote:
And so the agenda becomes clear.

No I wouldn't get upset. I would simply stop eating cheeseburgers. If they wanted my business they'd improve their product. If they don't I'd move on. I certainly would't keep throwing good money after bad if they made a product I didn't like, and I knew they made a product I didn't like. If I keep buying cheeseburgers, knowing I don't like them, then that's on me, not the cook or the chef or resturaunt.

It goes down to the how many times do you have to burn your hand before you learn. If you keep spending your money over and over and over again, on something that you don't like, that's quite simply your fault.

Didn't poke fun at his spelling. I poked fun at the fact he was going on and on about physics, and the guy really has no idea what physics really are.

As I said, I could certainly see that ratings did indeed matter for line play.

From the past few days, it's become quite obvious you really know nothing about software development. I am not sure what the spending more money on this or that means. If you have techincal issues, simply throwing more bodies and cash at the problems does not mean they are going to get fixed. Software development simply doesn't work that way.

It's quite obvious you don't like the game, never will. It's also quite obvious as to what your endgame is. Why you spend so much time and effort ranting about something you don't like, I don't get. It's a hobby as soon as it stops being fun, move on.
Who are you to tell people to give up on something they love?
People don't have to give up on things they love. Sometimes you have no other option but to make your voice heard. Anything less would be to give up.

About the video showing Suh get stonewalled by the 160 pound kicker that did not bother you? The point is not that you would have a kicker in to block, but highlighting a serious flaw in how an important part of the game works.

IF EA Sports responds to such things in the manner you did, it is no wonder that Madden continues to disappoint. Just sweep it under the rug.

I am of the mind that the more Maddens failings become public knowlege, (like the Suh video) the more changes EA will have to make to Madden to get it up to par and beyond.

# 305 SageInfinite @ 04/13/11 10:03 PM
Quote:
EA certainly deserves more than it's share of criticism. But some of the stuff, in this very thread even is ridiculous.

I mean EA's problem is that they dev on the 360 instead of the PS3 because of Bluray? I mean really? That's simply stupid.. And just an example of people reaching in order to lodge a complaint.

Another guy saying EA's problem is they aren't hiring enough guys with computer science degrees? I wonder if they realize how many pioneers of this industry don't even have a HS diploma, or how the lead programmer for NFL 2k5 and APF, didn't get his degree in computer science but in another field.

Or that Ian must have been fired because he went to a startup? Uh, duh, that's how the tech field works for the most part.

It's the same people every time. Continually spewing stuff that simply isn't true to further their agenda or to try to prove some point.
I agree. Some attempts just come off as desperate. Not personally calling out anyone in this thread as desperate, but some things do come off as last resort reasons/excuses.

# 306 bkrich83 @ 04/13/11 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzBerry80
People don't have to give up on things they love. Sometimes you have no other option but to make your voice heard. Anything less would be to give up.
Didn't tell them to give up. I said if you keep spending 60 bucks on something that you don't like, and 60 bucks is a lot to you, it's on youm not EA. I also said Hobbies are supposed to be fun. If it's no longer fun, then may you should move on. Obviously Madden is something they don't love.

Quote:
About the video showing Suh get stonewalled by the 160 pound kicker that did not bother you? The point is not that you would have a kicker in to block, but highlighting a serious flaw in how an inmportant part of the game works.
In my games, Suh was dominant. What happens in a test that takes things outside of how the game was designed and controlled by people who have an obvious agenda, I could care less about. Suh for example (I played a Lions franchise) performed as I would expect he would. After that I could care less.

Quote:
IF EA Sports responds to such things in the manner you did, it is no wonder that Madden continues to disappoint. Just sweep it under the rug.

I am of the mind that the more Maddens failings become public knowlege, (like the Suh video) the more changes EA will have to make to Madden to get it up to par and beyond.
Sweep it under the rug? This is Madden not a governmental conspriacy. Let's keep it in perspective. I already said the second I stop having fun, is the second I stop spending money. That's really what EA sees. you think they could care less what some guy on youtube shows? No.. They care about the bottom line and the bottom line only. Like any large corporation.

# 307 CM Hooe @ 04/13/11 10:07 PM
Quote:
If you've been complaining nonstop about every last thing about the game for the past three years and go out of your way to find things that you deem "wrong" about it, do you really love it?

And I question whether "love" has anything to do with the simple logic presented of "if you don't like it, don't buy it". It's simple economics to me, and quite frankly a waste of your recreation time if you spend it doing something you simply don't enjoy.

# 308 bkrich83 @ 04/13/11 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I agree. Some attempts just come off as desperate. Not personally calling out anyone in this thread as desperate, but some things do come off as last resort reasons/excuses.
And that's not to say EA doesn't deserve criticism. They do. But it's tough to take people seriously when they are way over the top or they just continually rant the same thing over and over again.

The true agenda pushers become apparent right away. They just can't be taken credibly. People like yourself where it's obvious you just love football games and don't subscribe to some stupid brand loyalty or brand war, those are the complaints that should imo, be taken seriously.

# 309 bkrich83 @ 04/13/11 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
If you've been complaining nonstop about every last thing about the game for the past three years and go out of your way to find things that you deem "wrong" about it, do you really love it?

And I question whether "love" has anything to do with the simple logic presented of "if you don't like it, don't buy it". It's simple economics to me, and quite frankly a waste of your recreation time if you spend it doing something you simply don't enjoy.
Agreed. I thought that was pretty self explanatory. Apparently it wasn't.

# 310 SageInfinite @ 04/13/11 10:11 PM
Quote:

About the video showing Suh get stonewalled by the 160 pound kicker that did not bother you? The point is not that you would have a kicker in to block, but highlighting a serious flaw in how an important part of the game works.

I have a problem with the logic that allowed me to see this also. I would never go and do anything like put a kicker in for a lineman, but when all my lineman got hurt, and a kicker was put in as a replacement, and was able to perform the job, I definitely had a problem.

# 311 Mo @ 04/13/11 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
I'll move on from something when I decide to. It's a hobby that I don't enjoy, because the only outlet for that hobby is of poor quality. If you like the game, why aren't you playing it instead of defending it on a forum ?
Actually, both of you will move on from this back and forth bickering right now.

# 312 RGiles36 @ 04/13/11 10:55 PM
Quote:
And that's not to say EA doesn't deserve criticism. They do. But it's tough to take people seriously when they are way over the top or they just continually rant the same thing over and over again.

The true agenda pushers become apparent right away. They just can't be taken credibly.
Quote:
Why you spend so much time and effort ranting about something you don't like, I don't get. It's [not] a hobby as soon as it stops being fun, move on.
Troof, troof, and more troof.

# 313 Still2REal @ 04/13/11 11:04 PM
The people who constantly defend Madden and dismiss everyones criticisms are just as guilty of having an agenda as those that attack the game. You are no better than anyone else who posts.

Seems sometimes you guys lose sight of that fact.

Madden will be straight, those that love it and continue to play "Captain Save 'Em" for the game will continue to do so as will those that hate. Declining sales point to the fat that people are getting tired of the same rehashed product. I'm sure EA will take notice....eventually

# 314 bkrich83 @ 04/13/11 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Actually, both of you will move on from this back and forth bickering right now.
I thought all the agenda driven crap was supposed to be taken care of as part of the cleaning up of these forums. Apparently that's not true as it's even harder to filter out all the white noise.

# 315 CM Hooe @ 04/13/11 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
We feel that football video gaming has been taken away from us.
I'm sorry you feel that way. However, "it is what it is", and if EA doesn't present you with an option you like you ought to find another hobby that brings you more enjoyment.

The constant complaints and sensationalized vitriol that this game gets simply is very tired, and puts a damper on this whole community as a whole.

# 316 TheMatrix31 @ 04/13/11 11:38 PM
This thread has clearly gone way off path.

# 317 Mo @ 04/13/11 11:39 PM
Closed.

I think this thread has reached its end date

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.