Home
Madden 12 News Post

vln13 cropped up this Madden NFL 12 image from an earlier tweet today, from Phil Frazier, where he snapped off a quick picture to share with everyone.

We know the image isn't the greatest of quality, but what else do you see in the picture?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Joborule @ 04/14/11 01:54 PM
I'm in favour of a more analog kicking approach to the game, but why don't the developers leave it as an option to the user for what they prefer? If you want button based kicking, you have the option. Otherwise you can use analog based kicking. Both have their preference of pros and perhaps cons so which ever the user prefers would appease both camps.

# 62 Broncos86 @ 04/14/11 02:03 PM
Madden 11 basically eliminated accuracy as an issue for kickers. All that mattered to me was leg strength.

And that kick meter looks like something from Madden 05.

# 63 D-Hiatus @ 04/14/11 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
You're saying that is better than this?

Madden has it's gameplay issues, but referring to that CGI trailer as a benchmark is daft.
Never said it was better...besides the video was made in 2005?!? So comparing the two would be like comparing MS-DOS to Windows XP!! I was saying that EA SPORTS originally released this video at that time saying that it was actual gameplay and that this was what to expect from the Madden series....which was very inaccurate. Back then that CGI video was a benchmark for Madden...if you pay attention to the trailer EA SPORTS captured the essence of NFL football to a T...this is what we lack right now....too many meaningless features have been implemented into Madden the last 3 years that hardcore fans can't relate to. I for one feel that Madden 12 is going to be much better than we expect...but only time will tell.

# 64 Rules @ 04/14/11 04:06 PM
Looks like the graphics have gotten worse.

# 65 Bgamer90 @ 04/14/11 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Looks like the graphics have gotten worse.

Hopefully you are being sarcastic. I mean, it isn't a high quality photo.

# 66 Rules @ 04/14/11 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90

Hopefully you are being sarcastic. I mean, it isn't a high quality photo.

# 67 Tengo Juego @ 04/14/11 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Hiatus
Never said it was better...besides the video was made in 2005?!? So comparing the two would be like comparing MS-DOS to Windows XP!!
MS-DOS came out 20 years before XP. It wouldn't be at all like comparing the two. Poor analogy.

Quote:
I was saying that EA SPORTS originally released this video at that time saying that it was actual gameplay and that this was what to expect from the Madden series....which was very inaccurate.
Uh, what? Where ever was it stated that was "actual gameplay footage?" NEVER have I heard, seen, or read that description for that video. You are sadly mistaken there.

Quote:
Back then that CGI video was a benchmark for Madden...if you pay attention to the trailer EA SPORTS captured the essence of NFL football to a T...this is what we lack right now....too many meaningless features have been implemented into Madden the last 3 years that hardcore fans can't relate to. I for one feel that Madden 12 is going to be much better than we expect...but only time will tell.
What exactly did they nail "to a T?"

• Large jumbotrons with "TOUCHDOWN!" projected on them. -Done in Madden 06.
  • Snowfall, dirty uniforms, weather so cold you can see player's breath. -Done in Madden 07.
  • Touchdown Celebrations. - Done in Madden 06+

Everything you see in that trailer, can bee seen in Madden today.

Actually, no wait. You don't see unsnapped chinstraps. Still missing those.

# 68 TracerBullet @ 04/14/11 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickhitchell33
I have to say that this last month has been some of the worst hype I've ever seen for a video game. Blurry screenshots of a punt meter? What are they doing??
It was taken from a camera. It's from a TV screen, not actually the in-game camera. This isn't an official screenshot from them for all of the public.

# 69 oneamongthefence @ 04/14/11 08:05 PM
The only thing that the 06 still has on Madden today is the grungy feel of football. It reminded me of the new Blitz series.

# 70 oneamongthefence @ 04/14/11 08:11 PM
Also in that next gen video every player had the same equipment so we have def evolved there. Lol. Its snowing and the only thing worn on every player is gloves.

# 71 itsbeefy11 @ 04/24/11 09:07 PM
not gonna lie, that scoreboard looks about as CBS as you can get without having broadcast..... nice EA

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.