Home
Backbreaker Vengeance News Post

Cheat Code Central has posted their Backbreaker Vengeance interview with the Natural Motion team.

Quote:
CCC: What lessons did you learn from the original Backbreaker?

NM: We've learned that people love playing a game that's truly live. The old approach of canned action and sports just don't go together. This is why we were so proud of how Euphoria transformed Backbreaker into a truly live experience. To be totally honest – and maybe not surprisingly – we also learnt that writing an entire 11v11 football game from scratch is a lot of work. Luckily, we've done all the heavy lifting on this now and have an absolutely amazing codebase and team to build upon.

Game: Backbreaker VengeanceHype Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 11 - View All
Backbreaker Vengeance Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mestevo @ 04/14/11 10:57 AM
"we're extremely happy with Greathouse, our post-release game update"

# 2 Blzer @ 04/14/11 01:11 PM
Sounds like a full-fledged sequel is inevitably on the horizon:

Quote:
CCC: What lessons did you learn from the original Backbreaker?

NM: We've learned that people love playing a game that's truly live. The old approach of canned action and sports just don't go together. This is why we were so proud of how Euphoria transformed Backbreaker into a truly live experience. To be totally honest – and maybe not surprisingly – we also learnt that writing an entire 11v11 football game from scratch is a lot of work. Luckily, we've done all the heavy lifting on this now and have an absolutely amazing codebase and team to build upon.

# 3 champsbasketball @ 04/14/11 10:16 PM
man this game is tight, the best thing is no cannon animations. i was hoping that you guys would come out with a basketball game that would be tight... does that sound like something that could happen.

# 4 mestevo @ 04/15/11 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
He is talking about as a foundation. Which he should be proud of they have built a pretty solid foundation.
No it isn't, that's the previous question.

Interview with 'the Natural Motion Team' and it's only 6 questions?

# 5 videlsports @ 04/16/11 01:11 PM
It would be good if they could make a sequel, this would have a major following.If it adds all aspects of Sim football, with a few year under their belt, this could become a great game.

# 6 triumphic @ 04/17/11 01:22 PM
heres the rumored icebreaker picture: http://media.operationsports.com/shots/400/13145.jpg

# 7 mestevo @ 04/20/11 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
It is building on the previous question. I have gotten into it with you in the past though so im just going to stop. I just realized who i was talking to. Sorry mods. I wont get into an argument with a guy who is constantly negative about the game.

Have a nice day mestevo.
There's a big difference between 'being negative' and 'talking about a bad game'. I was pointing out the line that makes this interview less than genuine... that's the only patch the game received and it broke things. Not a play on words, not being facetious, parts of the game are broken. But they are 'extremely happy with Greathouse'. There isn't a context that can sugar coat that when there is even a thread on their official forum that say to stop bringing up parts of it because they're known to be broken.

If that means you can't discuss that or stand by while someone points that out without breaking the rules here, then I understand the desire to not discuss it. I'm not trying to throw the game under the bus, but they're the ones touting the patch in the interview.

# 8 PaleVermilion @ 04/20/11 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
There's a big difference between 'being negative' and 'talking about a bad game'. I was pointing out the line that makes this interview less than genuine... that's the only patch the game received and it broke things. Not a play on words, not being facetious, parts of the game are broken. But they are 'extremely happy with Greathouse'. There isn't a context that can sugar coat that when there is even a thread on their official forum that say to stop bringing up parts of it because they're known to be broken.

If that means you can't discuss that or stand by while someone points that out without breaking the rules here, then I understand the desire to not discuss it. I'm not trying to throw the game under the bus, but they're the ones touting the patch in the interview.
I used to think you were negative as well. But being on these forums a little more, and seeing you interact over at the BB forums, I don't think that's the right word. I'd say you're more critical than the average gamer, and I don't mean that in a bad way. You try to evaluate things more deeply and not just at face value. You do this will all the games, so you are consistent with your critical eye.

As far as the Greathouse patch...oh my gosh it annoys me when they say they're proud of it!!!! We SHOULD be negative and upset about how proud they are of such a poorly tested patch. That patch killed the game for me.

# 9 Meechyaboy @ 04/22/11 12:42 AM
They deserve to be happy with the patch although it may have killed the game for some the patch also stole some madden fans. This being a game with unknown players, no commentary, and a soundtrack of only Boom. The patch list addressed alot of issues which means they do listen. So now that the base has been established it can only get better.

# 10 thrust @ 04/25/11 08:17 PM
I hate Mestevo.
Because, He tells it like it is!!

# 11 thrust @ 04/25/11 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust
I hate Mestevo.
Because, He tells it like it is!!
really though, he used to get on my nerves soooo much that I researched all of his posts so I could prove him to be an azz. Well, after my "research" I found that my claims weren't warranted. Therefore Foolish813 is no more.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.