Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #24 features the Bullets Dbl A.

Quote:
"4-2-5 Okie Across Bullets Dbl A - 4-2-5 Okie Across places the five defensive backs in the formation in a loose alignment of about 8 to 10 yards. In addition to the alignment of the defensive backs, the right defensive end aligns in a two point stance similar to that of an outside linebacker. Bullets Dbl A sends both linebackers in the formation on blitzes in each A gap."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 hurricanefootball4 @ 04/14/11 01:25 PM
Play #24!?

I'm going to be so disappointed when they stop releasing these and post real information about the game instead...

# 2 statdude @ 04/14/11 01:29 PM
CAn't wait to use the 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 this year

# 3 JonathanPDX @ 04/14/11 08:49 PM
If I called this play in the current version both linebackers would run into the backs of my D-line, who stupidly push forward into the gap instead of trying to open a lane for the blitz to run through.

# 4 the_EDJ @ 04/15/11 09:42 AM
Glad to see them standing up Defensive Ends in some formations/plays. Nebraska will be doing this a lot with their LE Cameron Meredith.

# 5 blakty @ 04/15/11 10:05 AM
ALOT of nickel packages being shown. This should make the online players happy.

# 6 steelers1 @ 04/15/11 12:44 PM
I like the play, but what's with all the cover 0 blitzes?

# 7 CObra-la @ 04/15/11 01:21 PM
this.

What makes the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 cheesey?

# 8 Lava @ 04/15/11 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
It's absolutely cheesy when it comes to video games. 90% of teams in real life don't run a 335 or 425. As a matter of fact, tcu and wvu are the only two teams I've ever seen with my own two eyes run it.
Nebraska essentially ran a 4-2-5 this year. They incorporated a hybrid lb/cb they called the "peso", but it was basically a 4-2-5.

# 9 Palo20 @ 04/16/11 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CObra-la
this.

What makes the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 cheesey?
The 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 are a bit cheesy because they are often blocked differently in the game, usually to the benefit of the defense. People don't use them because they just love having that hybrid safety who is versatile, they use those defenses because they just work better in the video game for some reason.

# 10 jfsolo @ 04/16/11 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
The 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 are a bit cheesy because they are often blocked differently in the game, usually to the benefit of the defense. People don't use them because they just love having that hybrid safety who is versatile, they use those defenses because they just work better in the video game for some reason.
This.

Cheese is a misnomer though, because we all know that traditional football tactics, much if not most of the time, don't apply in these games. People are competitive, so they will adopt whatever schemes they need to in order to have success, even if their team in real life would never run those plays and or formations.

It's really why custom playbooks are so sought after, got to cherry-pick those A.I. busting plays.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.