Home
Madden 12 News Post

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in Madden NFL 12.

To be clear, there are more than 25 new plays in the game. Each day, a new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to Madden NFL 12.

Play #16 features the Okie Roll 2.

Quote:
Dollar 3-2-6 Okie Roll 2 is by design a two deep, four under zone pressure concept. What stands out about the play is that it uses a pre-snap disguise by the free and strong safety. Before the ball is snapped the safeties and nickel cornerback will “roll” to a look where the free safety and nickel cornerback are in the two deep look while the strong safety and dime cornerback blitz.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 illwill10 @ 04/14/11 11:22 AM
It is the first defense play and hopefully more to come

# 2 dsidab81 @ 04/14/11 02:01 PM
Nickle 335 had a similar play with the rcb dropping and ss blitzing.. no presnap movement though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 3 Exonerated @ 04/15/11 05:09 AM
haven't seen this play b4.

# 4 the_EDJ @ 04/15/11 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsidab81
Nickle 335 had a similar play with the rcb dropping and ss blitzing.. no presnap movement though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Yeah in the 3-3-5 it's called the Inverted Cover 2. Either way I'm excited for more looks from the Dollar Formation. The only decent blitzes are the Lightning and the one similar to this where the LB blitzes instead of the SS and the slot CB drops behind the flats.

Pre snap movement plays are great because they get the offense to think a bit. If they guess wrong on which play you're throwing at them, then there's a good chance at a pick or a sack.

# 5 Senator Palmer @ 04/15/11 01:15 PM
Good looking play -- kinda reminds me of some of the stuff I've seen Mike Zimmer run. Great call to expand the pressures from the Dollar.

# 6 bukktown @ 04/18/11 01:42 AM
This play looks like 6 points to me. The flanker go routes will be wide open all day.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.