Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Check out the new NCAA Football 12 blog, written by Roy Harvey, Executive Producer of NCAA Football 12.

Another season is upon us and the countdown begins. Over the next 90 days you’ll be hearing about everything we’ve put into NCAA Football 12 and we hope you’ll like what you’re going to see. It represents months of deep development and the next serious step in innovation that we initiated last year with NCAA Football 11.

I have no major announcements today, but I can say that our focus and fundamental strategy hasn’t changed. It’s still all about the three key elements I described in my blog last year “A New Game Plan”; Core Experience, Authenticity, and Innovation.

The community feedback we’ve received on ’11 through emails, forums, and surveys has been encouraging and I’m happy to report that we’ve incorporated many of these requests into the newest edition.

Starting with the core, we continue to acknowledge and agree that gameplay is what matters most. The engine we share with our brothers on Madden is getting some big upgrades and improvements that we will customize and tune for the right collegiate feel. You can also expect another big push on the defensive side of the ball this year. Other than that, there’s not much more I can say just yet. But please be patient, there are definitely “under the hood” details ahead in the coming weeks.

With regard to authentic presentation, we are making a big push in this area as well because it’s a huge part of what college football means -- the passion, pageantry, and tradition is like no other sport in the world (FIFA comes close…). You may have caught a few of the rough iPhone screenshots released so far, but the better looking stuff is coming in the next few days. Here are a few minor details I can share now for my Michigan brethren. At least in the virtual world I can put them in the Rose Bowl this year.

New Big House stadium lights are also in and ready to go…

Another minor item to start planning for – you’ll be able to fully customize entrance music this year, so get your tracks ready…

Finally, with regards to online, the response to NCAA Football 11’s online dynasty mode has been outstanding, so expect some interesting news here in as we get closer to launch.

In closing, on behalf of the team I’d like to thank all the fans who’ve written in with suggestions and comments. While we can’t possibly get to the thousands of ideas that have come in, we do take your feedback very seriously when designing the game and work to get as much in as time and resources will allow. From big ideas to the little things like dreads, bowl patches, band placement, uniform details, and mascot changes – everything contributes to realism and authenticity – and they all came from you. So please keep the cards and letters coming…

Keep the faith, real news is up ahead!

Roy
NCAA Football 12
Executive Producer

Source - NCAA Football 12 Blog: Welcome Back

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Roggie @ 04/18/11 05:11 PM
I'm with you on the bowl patches, but entrance music is something that really annoyed me last year. If I'm playing as a team that is known for the music to their entrance, AKA Enter Sandman, I should be able to hear Enter Sandman.

# 2 volstopfan14 @ 04/18/11 05:12 PM
Not a whole lot here but any info is good. Custom music for entrances is in and in the picture #21 for Texas is wearing a new revo speed helmet. I get the impression that starting today there will be a pretty steady flow of information about the game

# 3 dan_457 @ 04/18/11 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
Pretty disappointment on todays info. todays info: bowl patches and entrance music. Yipy! ... Cant wait for the next pointless blog... oh well. At least were getting some juicy stuff thursday
Not really sure what you were expecting, it still really early, they won't be giving us the really good stuff till later on.

# 4 Roggie @ 04/18/11 05:17 PM
I didn't really expect much more than we got. It is the first blog. Not like they're going to come out and say right away that College Gameday is in the game. Starting small, then growing.

# 5 Lava @ 04/18/11 05:17 PM
Good read, sounds promising. It seems like Roy really gets it, and I know a lot of people will be happy that they can customize their entrance music to re-create their favorite team's actual entrance as closely as possible.

# 6 hurricanefootball4 @ 04/18/11 05:19 PM
How can you say this isn't an important post?

The gameplay engine had been improved and he assured us that was the #1 priority, which has been the biggest concern here on the boards.

He mentioned the feedback on Online Dynasty has been great so I imagine that we'll have improvements there.

He referred to the things that they've already released as "little things", so for people complaining that they are just little details, yes they are, and they agree with you that those are just little details. The big stuff is coming.

Custom stadium music might seem like a little thing, but it will ABSOLUTELY contribute to the overall environment of college football. Va. Tech fans all over the world are geeked about adding Enter Sandman and somewhere in the world Metallica's Lars Ulrich is meeting with his lawyer to find a way that he can sue someone about this.

# 7 Solidice @ 04/18/11 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
ya im not saying that music entrances is bad. im just sayin that if i had word that there was going to be presentation in the blog... i would be thinking "oh nice, theyre going to be talking about the atmosphere or espn". But if you just mention music entrances, saying there will be gameplay improvements and 2 pics of Michigan, then whats the point for calling it a somewhat presentation blog???????
This wasn't the presentation blog that was mentioned, that will be later this week(Thursday I guess, though it may only be a video going off the facebook announcement). This is the "special" blog from the Executive Producer, and going by his blog from NCAA 11, this is about what I was expecting. Their goal for NCAA 12 and a few general directions the game is going to be in.

# 8 BenGerman @ 04/18/11 05:21 PM
Awesome. The game looks incredible, so I can only imagine what it will play like if gameplay is their number 1 focus.

# 9 Kevin26385 @ 04/18/11 05:22 PM
"At least in the virtual world I can put them in the Rose Bowl this year."

Maybe I am reading into it too much but could it be possible that we will be able to have a game mode where we can choose any teams to go into any bowl game?

# 10 jeremym480 @ 04/18/11 05:22 PM
I'm liking what I see so far. Adding the "little things" is extremely important to accurately portray the sport. Can't wait for more news.

# 11 Solidice @ 04/18/11 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890

Maybe I am reading into it too much but could it be possible that we will be able to have a game mode where we can choose any teams to go into any bowl game?
He(Roy) is a Michigan fan, so he is likely just saying that he can play better than the real Michigan team and get into the Rose Bowl.

# 12 Roggie @ 04/18/11 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890

I'm guessing you're reading into it too much. As a Michigan fan, I read it as, Hey, we'll suck this year, but I can make us good enough to make the Rose Bowl.

# 13 BenGerman @ 04/18/11 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm liking what I see so far. Adding the "little things" is extremely important to accurately portray the sport. Can't wait for more news.
I agree. The little things + gameplay is why most of us are on here (check The Show). If you nail those two things down, you have an excellent game no matter how you shake it (The Show= great gameplay + incredible detail but mediocre presentation). If this is the small news, I can't wait to hear about the bit news.

# 14 schumj @ 04/18/11 05:26 PM
Totally agree. Although I expect much more, I am not going to complain. And I think the entrance music is the biggest announcement to date. Although some people skip over it after a few, I love seeing my huskers do the tunnel walk and now I can hear the Alan Parsons Project as it is happening.

# 15 Kevin26385 @ 04/18/11 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
He(Roy) is a Michigan fan, so he is likely just saying that he can play better than the real Michigan team and get into the Rose Bowl.
I guess the words "can put them" is throwing me off

# 16 BenGerman @ 04/18/11 05:28 PM
Also, we now know they are at least attempting to fix the defense, which is what we've all been asking for. He implied a lot of big stuff without going out and actually saying it.

# 17 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/18/11 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I'm guessing you're reading into it too much. As a Michigan fan, I read it as, Hey, we'll suck this year, but I can make us good enough to make the Rose Bowl.
But one can do that any year for any sucky team.

# 18 inglip @ 04/18/11 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I agree. The little things + gameplay is why most of us are on here (check The Show). If you nail those two things down, you have an excellent game no matter how you shake it (The Show= great gameplay + incredible detail but mediocre presentation). If this is the small news, I can't wait to hear about the bit news.
If they can make the gameplay as good as The Show but in football form it's a day one purchase for me. Guess we'll get an idea on Thursday.

# 19 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/18/11 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Also, we now know they are at least attempting to fix the defense, which is what we've all been asking for. He implied a lot of big stuff without going out and actually saying it.
I just hope they don't do like they did last year with their famous release day patch and made the defense all run 4.2 speed at the snap of the ball. Or made it where the defense NEVER was fooled on Play Action or misdirection plays.

Over all, I hope this is the year where as I don't have to spend weeks re-rating rosters in order to make the game play like it should be playing.

That would be awesome.

# 20 Pokes404 @ 04/18/11 05:34 PM
Pretty much what I was expecting from today. We'll see what they've got Thursday. Entrance music is cool and it was nice to at least get some kind of mention about the gameplay, even if it is vague. Vague is better than nothing and somewhat understandable this early.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.