Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Check out the new NCAA Football 12 blog, written by Roy Harvey, Executive Producer of NCAA Football 12.

Another season is upon us and the countdown begins. Over the next 90 days you’ll be hearing about everything we’ve put into NCAA Football 12 and we hope you’ll like what you’re going to see. It represents months of deep development and the next serious step in innovation that we initiated last year with NCAA Football 11.

I have no major announcements today, but I can say that our focus and fundamental strategy hasn’t changed. It’s still all about the three key elements I described in my blog last year “A New Game Plan”; Core Experience, Authenticity, and Innovation.

The community feedback we’ve received on ’11 through emails, forums, and surveys has been encouraging and I’m happy to report that we’ve incorporated many of these requests into the newest edition.

Starting with the core, we continue to acknowledge and agree that gameplay is what matters most. The engine we share with our brothers on Madden is getting some big upgrades and improvements that we will customize and tune for the right collegiate feel. You can also expect another big push on the defensive side of the ball this year. Other than that, there’s not much more I can say just yet. But please be patient, there are definitely “under the hood” details ahead in the coming weeks.

With regard to authentic presentation, we are making a big push in this area as well because it’s a huge part of what college football means -- the passion, pageantry, and tradition is like no other sport in the world (FIFA comes close…). You may have caught a few of the rough iPhone screenshots released so far, but the better looking stuff is coming in the next few days. Here are a few minor details I can share now for my Michigan brethren. At least in the virtual world I can put them in the Rose Bowl this year.

New Big House stadium lights are also in and ready to go…

Another minor item to start planning for – you’ll be able to fully customize entrance music this year, so get your tracks ready…

Finally, with regards to online, the response to NCAA Football 11’s online dynasty mode has been outstanding, so expect some interesting news here in as we get closer to launch.

In closing, on behalf of the team I’d like to thank all the fans who’ve written in with suggestions and comments. While we can’t possibly get to the thousands of ideas that have come in, we do take your feedback very seriously when designing the game and work to get as much in as time and resources will allow. From big ideas to the little things like dreads, bowl patches, band placement, uniform details, and mascot changes – everything contributes to realism and authenticity – and they all came from you. So please keep the cards and letters coming…

Keep the faith, real news is up ahead!

Roy
NCAA Football 12
Executive Producer

Source - NCAA Football 12 Blog: Welcome Back

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bigp51 @ 04/18/11 06:02 PM
None of these things make me wanna buy this game. Guess I'll stick with 2011. Dread locks and "new" plays (I've seen all of these plays in madden or ncaa) and uniform patches (how about when you switch conferences, you change the conference patch for once). Or how about if you get a conference invite, they actually change the conference logo on the field (It's great going from the WAC to the PAC 10 and still having the field say WAC on it). Minor stuff like this shouldn't be praised. Lets save the praise for when they actually deserve it.

# 42 countryboy @ 04/18/11 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigp51
None of these things make me wanna buy this game. Guess I'll stick with 2011. Dread locks and "new" plays (I've seen all of these plays in madden or ncaa) and uniform patches (how about when you switch conferences, you change the conference patch for once). Or how about if you get a conference invite, they actually change the conference logo on the field (It's great going from the WAC to the PAC 10 and still having the field say WAC on it). Minor stuff like this shouldn't be praised. Lets save the praise for when they actually deserve it.
can we save the dramatic "I'm not buying the game because its only done this..." until we have all the info?

I'm just saying, if we can't praise them until we hear everything, how can we make a purchasing decision until we have everything?

# 43 berad88 @ 04/18/11 06:06 PM
Quote:
I thought that the field would change the conferance logo when you changed conferances in NCAA 11. I am pretty sure that is already in the game.

# 44 coogrfan @ 04/18/11 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I thought that the field would change the conferance logo when you changed conferances in NCAA 11. I am pretty sure that is already in the game.
You are correct.

# 45 Lava @ 04/18/11 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
You're correct. Sounds like he doesn't even own NCAA 11, just another person complaining just to complain.

# 46 PSRusse83 @ 04/18/11 06:24 PM
Hopefully as part of presentation they have taken out the pulsating crowd because it looks awful.

# 47 TracerBullet @ 04/18/11 06:24 PM
Quote:
Both of these statements are completely wrong.

# 48 statum71 @ 04/18/11 06:24 PM
He didn't even say much and this blog STILL beats "Bowl Patches."

Thats better....waiting for Thursday now.

# 49 hurricanefootball4 @ 04/18/11 06:24 PM
Quote:
None of these things make me wanna buy this game. Guess I'll stick with 2011.
Don't you think April 18 is a little early to make that decision? The executive producer of the game said the things they've announced are little things and that the big changes have not been released yet.

# 50 countryboy @ 04/18/11 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Don't you think April 18 is a little early to make that decision? The executive producer of the game said the things they've announced are little things and that the big changes have not been released yet.
not when you're agenda posting. Then the first bit of information released is the perfect time to be "making" that decision.

# 51 sportznut02 @ 04/18/11 06:34 PM
More great news today. Adding custom music to entrances is going to be awesome. I can`t wait to play with Virgina Tech.

# 52 statum71 @ 04/18/11 06:52 PM
I probably won't use custom music since I prefer the bands more for college football.

But I still like the direction it looks like things are going based on the smalls details so far. I'm excited.

# 53 COACH WEBB @ 04/18/11 06:53 PM
When are we going to get these gloves in the game (or Madden)? Those would be sweet, especially since they are allowing the players to wear colored gloves again.

# 54 Jessep07 @ 04/18/11 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH WEBB
When are we going to get these gloves in the game (or Madden)? Those would be sweet, especially since they are allowing the players to wear colored gloves again.

Favorite gloves. Wore them when I playe high school and my college ball.

# 55 WizKhid @ 04/18/11 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
You can also expect another big push on the defensive side of the ball this year.
I can't wait to see how they improve the defense

# 56 4solo @ 04/18/11 07:39 PM
Quote:
Umm I think someone is still playing NCAA 10

I'm enjoying these little details b/c I know they all will come together nicely to create a good immersive experience. Now when we get college game day and Coaching carousel its going to be a wrap. (I know i'm being very optimistic)

# 57 blkprince04 @ 04/18/11 07:43 PM
we are being spoon fed before the BIG feast , i like it alot yesssssssss....... i hope we get more than 50 songs this year.........

# 58 Canes305 @ 04/18/11 07:44 PM
People stop bitching...

# 59 Dashdagreat @ 04/18/11 08:01 PM
Well i'll actually take this aas a positive blog. he admitted all these other meaningless blogs were minor things so maybe their is hope for some big time game improvements on the field as well

# 60 BallinVol @ 04/18/11 08:09 PM
Is it just me or do the players look like they have more lean to them? Maybe a sign that they might have polished the locomotion and possibly added some physics? Just wishful thinking on my part I guess.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.