Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Check out the new NCAA Football 12 blog, written by Roy Harvey, Executive Producer of NCAA Football 12.

Another season is upon us and the countdown begins. Over the next 90 days you’ll be hearing about everything we’ve put into NCAA Football 12 and we hope you’ll like what you’re going to see. It represents months of deep development and the next serious step in innovation that we initiated last year with NCAA Football 11.

I have no major announcements today, but I can say that our focus and fundamental strategy hasn’t changed. It’s still all about the three key elements I described in my blog last year “A New Game Plan”; Core Experience, Authenticity, and Innovation.

The community feedback we’ve received on ’11 through emails, forums, and surveys has been encouraging and I’m happy to report that we’ve incorporated many of these requests into the newest edition.

Starting with the core, we continue to acknowledge and agree that gameplay is what matters most. The engine we share with our brothers on Madden is getting some big upgrades and improvements that we will customize and tune for the right collegiate feel. You can also expect another big push on the defensive side of the ball this year. Other than that, there’s not much more I can say just yet. But please be patient, there are definitely “under the hood” details ahead in the coming weeks.

With regard to authentic presentation, we are making a big push in this area as well because it’s a huge part of what college football means -- the passion, pageantry, and tradition is like no other sport in the world (FIFA comes close…). You may have caught a few of the rough iPhone screenshots released so far, but the better looking stuff is coming in the next few days. Here are a few minor details I can share now for my Michigan brethren. At least in the virtual world I can put them in the Rose Bowl this year.

New Big House stadium lights are also in and ready to go…

Another minor item to start planning for – you’ll be able to fully customize entrance music this year, so get your tracks ready…

Finally, with regards to online, the response to NCAA Football 11’s online dynasty mode has been outstanding, so expect some interesting news here in as we get closer to launch.

In closing, on behalf of the team I’d like to thank all the fans who’ve written in with suggestions and comments. While we can’t possibly get to the thousands of ideas that have come in, we do take your feedback very seriously when designing the game and work to get as much in as time and resources will allow. From big ideas to the little things like dreads, bowl patches, band placement, uniform details, and mascot changes – everything contributes to realism and authenticity – and they all came from you. So please keep the cards and letters coming…

Keep the faith, real news is up ahead!

Roy
NCAA Football 12
Executive Producer

Source - NCAA Football 12 Blog: Welcome Back

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 schumj @ 04/19/11 10:42 AM
Honestly Custom Playbooks scare me. So many people will use this as a collection of "money plays" and that is all you will face.

# 102 Deckster59 @ 04/19/11 10:51 AM
For me, I guess it's the little things.

But the Customizable Entrance Music has me pumped. I've played the hell out of NHL 11 and this feature is probably the one thing I tell everyone about (besides BAP and OTP).

Yea, I'm a Sports Game Nerd. I don't hate if this isn't your bag, but personally its got me stoked.

# 103 TheBauerHour @ 04/19/11 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Honestly Custom Playbooks scare me. So many people will use this as a collection of "money plays" and that is all you will face.
I hear ya there. ALL VERTS and all of the formations that they're in. It'd be fun to have custom playbooks, grab all of the team specific plays and work'em out. As for the entrance music, this gives me the chance to give Michigan, "Party in the U.S.A.", so I'm all for it

# 104 PaperBoyx703 @ 04/19/11 10:54 AM
Quote:
Custom Playbooks is Cheesers paradise... If included itd be best if it is offline feature. But if online wouldnt mind bc cheesers can be stopped. But what were getting so far is nice to see the "attention to detail" add-ons.

# 105 schumj @ 04/19/11 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
Custom Playbooks is Cheesers paradise... If included itd be best if it is offline feature. But if online wouldnt mind bc cheesers can be stopped. But what were getting so far is nice to see the "attention to detail" add-ons.
This is my Nightmare. I mean don't get me wrong majority here at OS love sim style and playing realistic, but even people I meet here and invite to online dynastys love to play to the exploits of the game. It would be great if for every cheese offensive play there was a cheese defensive stop. And I realize with enough effort most of these plays have some type of counter, but when you open the flood gates to be able to have these plays from option to 5 wr sets to whatever else you are feeding the monster. I would love to have this option offline and be able to "Create" my own style.

# 106 PaperBoyx703 @ 04/19/11 11:23 AM
Quote:
This is my Nightmare. I mean don't get me wrong majority here at OS love sim style and playing realistic, but even people I meet here and invite to online dynastys love to play to the exploits of the game. It would be great if for every cheese offensive play there was a cheese defensive stop. And I realize with enough effort most of these plays have some type of counter, but when you open the flood gates to be able to have these plays from option to 5 wr sets to whatever else you are feeding the monster. I would love to have this option offline and be able to "Create" my own style.
But then again...that custom playbook post for ncaa12 is not even proven to be in the game. Only in Madden 12 but then thats not even proven to be availible for online. So no nightmares...FOR NOW With or without custom playbooks. cheesers will be cheesers.

# 107 schumj @ 04/19/11 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
But then again...that custom playbook post for ncaa12 is not even proven to be in the game. Only in Madden 12 but then thats not even proven to be availible for online. So no nightmares...FOR NOW With or without custom playbooks. cheesers will be cheesers.
When your right your right. And your right! I am probably exagerating as I don't play regular pick me up games, and usually my OD's consist of the same familiar people. And thing it has so much potential if it is in, but there are glaring problems that it could create. I mean especially with the ability to be a coach it would be great to kind of create your own playbook. I guess wait and see.

# 108 pirates946 @ 04/19/11 04:00 PM
Im sorry if this has already been said, but fully customizable entrance music means fully sutomizable entrance music right? meaning can i pick where i want the music to start and stop and also what part of the song i want it to start and stop at?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.