Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Now this is not widely tested... but everyone who has done this, seems to have fixed the in game stuttering and intro stutter.

And also would explain why those who did HDD upgrades, had their PS3 for a while have more of an issue than those who have brand new slims. (database is more garbled)

The HDD is constantly access by today's games, and while it is not a Windows style OS the PS3 uses (it is supposed to restructure every boot up and shut down, thus no defrag utility) it can sometimes get a little clustered, especially if you do a lot of gaming, and PSN demo downloading, etc.

These two links walk you through how to rebuild your PS3's database.

http://www.tawkn.com/?blog_id=596

http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/28/ti...recovery-menu/ (with pictures)

Those of us who have done this, eliminated the intro stutter, and in game stuttering all together.

It is fast, and simple, and all you will lose is the custom folders, messages, and playlists made (in which you can back them up ahead of time), and have to reapply proper audio/video settings.

Hope this helps clear this up for everyone.

NOTE: This is good to do once a month if you game and PSN heavy, or once every couple of months casually. Think of it like de-fragging your computer. So even if you don't get the stutter, it is good to maintain the HDD and have a happy running PS3. It will perform better across the board in all areas.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 spitoon @ 04/20/11 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Did the rebuild and the stutter is now gone. Thanks for the idea Enigma! I was also hoping by doing the rebuild my PS3 wouldn't be so loud when I'm actually playing a game. That wasn't the fix though. It's always quiet when I'm in the menus and what not, but once I get into the bottom of the 1st inning of any game my PS3 is loud as hell. I'm still trying to figure out why it's so loud but I still haven't been able to figure it out.
I'm just speculating, but my fan was very loud for the last couple months...then I got the dreaded YLOD.

I did a re-flow and cleaned out the dust and reapplied the thermal compound and now it's very quiet. First time I ran it after fixing it, I had to get down on my hands and knees in front of the machine to make sure it was running at all...

# 42 Phillies2010 @ 04/21/11 12:55 AM
thanks a lot! worked perfect

# 43 Side Effect @ 04/21/11 01:08 AM
I did rebuild and now I can't sign in to PSN. It says error 80710A06. WTF.

# 44 Spaced Ace @ 04/21/11 02:38 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I will definitely be doing this once a month. Everything is much smoother in The Show now.

# 45 bwiggy33 @ 04/21/11 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitoon
I'm just speculating, but my fan was very loud for the last couple months...then I got the dreaded YLOD.

I did a re-flow and cleaned out the dust and reapplied the thermal compound and now it's very quiet. First time I ran it after fixing it, I had to get down on my hands and knees in front of the machine to make sure it was running at all...
Ya I'm hoping that's not the problem with mine. It's been that way since I got it over the summer. It was used though, but the guy I bought it from hardly ever played it. He had only one game with saved data on it and a few blu ray movies. He didn't delete anything off the hard drive either because when I turned it on the first time I saw that he left his user name and everything else on it. It's a 40 gb fat. I'm not sure when those came out.

I was planning on cleaning out the dust but I'm not sure what the best way to do that is. I'm not very good with tech work so if I can do it without opening the system that would be good. Plus I don't want to break anything that is working properly. How did you get the dust out of your system? I'm assuming that you opened the machine to do it since you got the YLOD and there is really no further damage you can do to the machine.

# 46 lendog691 @ 04/21/11 03:41 AM
I play a game called DC Universe Online which is a online game only, what will it do to it if i do this?

# 47 Bulls321974 @ 04/21/11 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
Same problem here. Found out that PS Network is down. Guess it's a major problem.

# 48 dannyheck @ 04/21/11 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
Same problem here. Found out that PS Network is down. Guess it's a major problem.
Had the same thing happen last night, but then I selected the test connection thingie, and it connected and went away. My intro stutter is now gone as well, and I just bought by PS3 less than 30 days ago, 160gb slim. Took less than 20 seconds on my unit.

Glad no one answered my original question when I was asking what the stutter was (top of page 2), but hey, I figured it out on my own.

# 49 Bulls321974 @ 04/21/11 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyheck
Had the same thing happen last night, but then I selected the test connection thingie, and it connected and went away. My intro stutter is now gone as well, and I just bought by PS3 less than 30 days ago, 160gb slim. Took less than 20 seconds on my unit.

Glad no one answered my original question when I was asking what the stutter was (top of page 2), but hey, I figured it out on my own.
I tried the same, but it didn't work yet. It's kind of odd that Sony didn't announce the alleged maintenance work on their servers before, plus they now do it at a weekend without releasing information when PSN will be available again. Seems like hackers were actually pretty successful. I have no other explanation for this strange way of proceeding.

# 50 cubspac @ 04/21/11 12:29 PM
How would i go about backing up my music playlist before i do this? I dont want to take all the time i did making it over again.

# 51 EnigmaNemesis @ 04/21/11 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
Has nothing to do with this procedure.

PSN is getting hit by hackers.

# 52 ltw0303cavs @ 04/21/11 12:50 PM
Sony just put on their twitter that it could be 1-2 days before the network is fully restored. They dont know that nature of the problem but some of speculated its origin is the issues in Japan..that is just rumor though. I did hear from a friend on Twitter that Tokyo was hit with a 6.1 magnitue earthquake late thursday tokyo time.

# 53 mjh91 @ 04/21/11 01:05 PM
Just did this and it worked. When I first played MLB 11: The Show, I thought that stutter was supposed to be apart of the introduction. Haha. Thanks Enigma.

# 54 The Amaizen Blue @ 04/21/11 02:08 PM
It doesn't stutter when I'm signed offline.

# 55 EnigmaNemesis @ 04/21/11 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amaizen Blue
It doesn't stutter when I'm signed offline.
Yes, but if you rebuild the database, it wont stutter ONLINE or OFF.

# 56 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 04/21/11 02:13 PM
question if i do this would i have to assign the music to all the team and players again?

# 57 EnigmaNemesis @ 04/21/11 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
question if i do this would i have to assign the music to all the team and players again?
Not if you have the back up to the music files (if they are in folders) and you put them back on the PS3.

# 58 cubspac @ 04/21/11 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Not if you have the back up to the music files (if they are in folders) and you put them back on the PS3.

How do i back up the music files and put them back on the ps3?

# 59 EnigmaNemesis @ 04/21/11 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubspac
How do i back up the music files and put them back on the ps3?
How did you get them on there in the first place?

Did you transfer them via a USB drive? Back them up how you see them to a USB drive or external HDD.

# 60 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 04/21/11 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
How did you get them on there in the first place?

Did you transfer them via a USB drive? Back them up how you see them to a USB drive or external HDD.
question the way i got my music is i stream it from the computer to the ps3. so i just have to stream it back and i be good right?this was alot of music i did i really dont want to get screw like last year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.