Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/21/11 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Ia anyone concerned that the wide receiver dives for the ball when it seems like he could have done the new reach catch animation and keep running??? I watch that video a dew times and it didn't look at all like he needed to dive. It was like he reached for it, caught it and then instead of running he dove. Just an observation....
Yeah none on this video were true dive catches.....However on another website they have a slightly different video and they have actual dive catches on there.

# 102 4solo @ 04/21/11 04:03 PM
Man I love how this game is shaping up. All these little details are coming together nicely and now with these game play additions I can't wait to till july. With that being said these are some things that I saw that concerned me.

Presentation video

Around the :35- :36 mark
The WR jumps for the ball and should have got killed by the oncoming defender but he powered through the tackle before he was firmly on the ground. Crowd reaction was great though

Around the 1:20 mark
I'm still not sold that there are consecutive hit tackles. If you look the defender is holding up the ball carrier and #6 from Stanford comes in and should just level the guy but it looks like he just kinda bounces off. Like mentioned earlier I think its just more 2 man animations. Which is still a plus.

Gameplay Video

Around the :22 mark
ND DE #89 sheds the block but is facing in the wrong direction and has his back to the ball. I hope this isn't the answer to allowing the read opt to work better.

Around :28 Mizzou DE still using the GOD swim move but he was engaged with the OL first which does make it better than the insta-swim.

Around :42 mark
OSU DB was on top of the PSU WR and should have just kept running to get an easy pick instead he jump for a swat allowing the WR to catch the ball.

These are just a few things I saw. But hey it very early so I feel we are light years ahead to be getting vids looking this good. Great job EA team

# 103 BROman @ 04/21/11 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Is it still too late for the art team to add secondary colored accessories??
oh the acccg pic, a va tech player is wearing an orange leg band, so it might have already been added.

# 104 boritter @ 04/21/11 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
^^
thanks for that I wasn't sure how to embed it.

My only gripes about the game so far is the ol/dl play still, if you watch the oline in these vids on passing plays its terrible. Watch cals oline starting at 1:00 and you'll see cals #58 warp from in front of a defender to behind. Its very early and I hope this gets addressed ASAP.
OL/DL warping was one of the biggest problems in 11. Hopefully it gets fixed.

# 105 Pyroboy829 @ 04/21/11 04:12 PM
Great video... One small detail they got wrong at Autzen is that the walls are now black, not white http://ducknation.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/autz.jpg (hopefully can be fixed). But still loving the improvements.

# 106 mikehud @ 04/21/11 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Ia anyone concerned that the wide receiver dives for the ball when it seems like he could have done the new reach catch animation and keep running??? I watch that video a dew times and it didn't look at all like he needed to dive. It was like he reached for it, caught it and then instead of running he dove. Just an observation....
burgh, that could have been done on purpose to show of that animation. now once the games is released and it happens over and over again, it would be a concern, especially since you can't get back up and run in college.

# 107 8 @ 04/21/11 04:18 PM
Sweet! If it wasn't for mlb the show I probably would be tinkeling myself with anticipation. As it stands now I'm very excited for NCAA, but not urinating myself excited just yet.

# 108 br329 @ 04/21/11 04:31 PM
This looks incredible!!!!! My only grid is that ND still has the uniforms from the Weis era. Not that there that much different now (the numbers on the shoulders have been replaced with a small ND) but it would be nice to get them in

# 109 statum71 @ 04/21/11 04:32 PM
Yes!!! Mike The Tiger.

Looking good EA...looking good.

# 110 marksj @ 04/21/11 04:45 PM
The videos look fantastic, but I notice in the "TX-OU tackling" clip that the Cotton Bowl Stadium (the real one- not the JerryWorld monstrosity). The upper bowl of the stadium needs to be completely filled in.

# 111 Watson @ 04/21/11 04:53 PM
HOLY ****ING **** **** MIKE VI AND THE WIN! BAR ARE IN!!!!!!

EA really stepping up to the damn plate on NCAA 12

# 112 mgoblue678 @ 04/21/11 04:54 PM
Looks good in terms of the gameplay improvements and it seems like they are all going all out presentation wise. Just a small nitpick, but why does Denard Robinson not have long hair in the first video. Was this video done before they added long hair/dreadlocks back into the game? It just doesn't look like Denard, without that long hair flying behind him.

One game play improvement, I want to see though, is for the CPU to be more effective running the Spread Option style of offense, and for running CPU qb's to be a bigger threat with their feet. I don't want to play against a guy like Denard and see him have 4 carries for 10 yards for an entire game, like I was seeing in NCAA 11.

# 113 raiders81tim @ 04/21/11 05:00 PM
I haven't been excited for a football game in many years now. This trailer god me excited though. The improved zone coverage is huge for me.

# 114 SageInfinite @ 04/21/11 05:10 PM
Videos look pretty good. They addressed the community complaints rather well so far. I'm still not convinced, but last year was pretty decent, so I'll probably pick up this year's as well.

# 115 BleacherBum2310 @ 04/21/11 05:18 PM
Videos look really impressive from the Videos I've looked at, but call me still a skeptic. But I'll still pick this game up without a doubt.

# 116 jwilphl @ 04/21/11 05:20 PM
After getting more information, I'm actually still "missing" as much as I'm excited. Don't get me wrong, the improvements are excellent, I just wonder if I'll be waiting to buy until 2013 when, presumably, all these improvements will be in the game but the meat will be improved to go with it.

No Gameday is fine at this stage--that is pretty much what I expected--but I worry the in-game presentation isn't there. They haven't mentioned much in this regard outside of some graphic packages, and that does worry me a tad. Hopefully these are details we just don't have yet.

Furthermore, we have yet to hear about improvements to the actual game modes which so sorely need it. Before I buy, that's really what I'm looking to hear about. I do have concerns. Obviously with all this other work done, certain things were not done. I imagine any improvements to teambuilder would be unlikely, as well, but that is lower on my own personal list.

My tempered enthusiasm can be adjusted if the team still holds some cards in their hand. Hopefully in the future we'll find out about at least some of these improvements and additions.

Regardless, this is spectacular work and I'm very impressed with the NCAA team. Congrats to them and hopefully there is more to come!

# 117 T2theG @ 04/21/11 05:22 PM
Look on the 2nd video... at 1:26 the Texas player standing behind #4 is doing The U sign with his hands...Really unhappy that the QB's look like they have that same default throw, other than that, looks really good! First day buy.

# 118 hurricanefootball4 @ 04/21/11 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2theG
at 1:26 the Texas player standing behind #4 is doing The U sign with his hands
You're absolutely right, good catch - they'll have to fix that and make sure it's only team specific for Miami

# 119 SteelerSpartan @ 04/21/11 05:36 PM
well hmm, Im resisting the urge to be excited...especially without seeing true straight up gameplay....

but that looked pretty good

Though Im not convinced they have removed suction for blocking even though they are saying so.....I need to see this demonstrated over and over again........specifically with 3-4 OLBs

I guess Im hoping for this more for Madden....because the Steelers OLBs can't be the beasts they are with all the suction and warping going on that don't let them rush the edge and collapse the pocket like they should

# 120 Bolt957 @ 04/21/11 06:11 PM
I noticed that it's always the kickers that are intimidated by the live animals! Lol. Plus Auburn's cheerleaders were sitting on top of Mike's cage.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.