Home
Madden 12 News Post

The Fantasy Football Informer has posted a new interview featuring new EA Sports Football GM Cam Weber. The interview touched many points, namely the changes to secondary play in Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
"Our defensive secondary play has received a major upgrade this year.” Cam went on to tell me how zone coverage behavior was addressed and that the AI(artificial intelligence) was tuned and given greater depth. “You’re going to see a major change in that (defensive secondary AI) in Madden NFL 12."

To read the full post, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 havokeff @ 04/24/11 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Hopefully this means my safeties will now realize they are the last line of defense in cover 2
Gonna nitpick. Safeties are the last line of defense in every defensive play.

# 62 blklightning @ 04/24/11 12:44 AM
who is this cam fella?

# 63 carnalnirvana @ 04/24/11 04:10 AM
THE man coverage isn't that realistic, on plays where the DB leads in the NFL 90% of the time he is giving 10yds so he has a clue especially if he sees a 5-7 yd drop by the QB so he knows its a gamble but likely a deep route still his eyes are never off his man like in madden

madden needs to let us back off a DB with out manually doing it, i do it manually

ncaa played better than madden imo becuase with lesser teams the virus of jacked up ratings wasn't present so it produced a balanced game, play alabama and tell me ncaa does not play like madden.

i played in the lower conferences and it played so smooth,

play top teams and the DL insta rip sacks, no PA fest appeared just like madden however i agree locomotion seemed better in ncaa

# 64 RuckusUnder @ 04/24/11 07:00 AM
Madden 08, Madden 09, and Madden 11 ALL dissappointed me. I am optimistic about this game, mostly because Cummings is out.

Hopefully I can bring back my Cover 2 defense and have safeties and linebackers that are aware of the defenders outside of their zone.

# 65 Aggies7 @ 04/24/11 07:48 AM
I just hope they have the defensive flip cam like NCAA because it makes playing defense more enjoyable. Plus I feel like I can see more of the field.

# 66 blklightning @ 04/24/11 04:53 PM
^^^ agreed. that is a nice tweak.

# 67 blklightning @ 04/24/11 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
thanks for the hel ........wait, what is that? come on, guy.

# 68 SeahawkNMD @ 04/24/11 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I just hope they have the defensive flip cam like NCAA because it makes playing defense more enjoyable. Plus I feel like I can see more of the field.
Explain this Defensive Flip Cam please. Is it a cam behind the safeties?

# 69 Armor and Sword @ 04/25/11 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawkNMD
Explain this Defensive Flip Cam please. Is it a cam behind the safeties?

No which ever player you choose pre-snap (DT, DE, LB CB etc) you see the view from his perspective. It is a really neat feature of NCAA 2011. I use it sometimes as well.

# 70 mjhyankees @ 04/25/11 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Hopefully this means my safeties will now realize they are the last line of defense in cover 2

LOL.....I've seen them turn around and wave to the WR once too often.

# 71 mrmass413 @ 04/26/11 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I would hope a smart DB in real life would be able to detect a fly pattern. I've seen Tramon Williams out cover his man a lot on fly patterns. Sam Sheilds for that matter, too.
you know damn well that was horrible stop justifying bad gameplay you aint ever see that. that play did not make or brake my decision but it is what it is. plus he did a speed burst to deflect the ball i respect your view but dont justify the obviese

# 72 slickdtc @ 04/26/11 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Well here is a shot of man coverage from the NCAA gameplay vid. The wr is trailing the db and the db is mirroring the wrs moves. It doesn't look good to me at all.

GIFSoup
I played football with that #19 for Penn St.

# 73 roadman @ 04/26/11 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmass413
you know damn well that was horrible stop justifying bad gameplay you aint ever see that. that play did not make or brake my decision but it is what it is. plus he did a speed burst to deflect the ball i respect your view but dont justify the obviese
Relax, after further review the no look wasn't a great play, agreed. I will justify good plays( a lot of people don't, they just look for the negatives) and I'm digging NCAA's consecutive hit tackling and will praise Madden's consecutive hit tackles when appropriate.(April 28)

Correction: You would have know that I had a change of mind if you read a few more posts down. As a suggestion, next time, instead of racing to hit the quote button, you might want to see if the person you disagree with changed their mind in the their next post.

# 74 TheShizNo1 @ 04/26/11 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
LOL.....I've seen them turn around and wave to the WR once too often.
I used to kill playing cover 2 on last gen. I'd do things like blitz the CB, put the OLB to that zone in the flat and the DE to that side in the hook zone. Still cover 2, but it'd confuse other players. I never had to worry about my safeties understanding what a deep zone is.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.