Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

General
  • Users can now share saved data files.
  • Pitcher will now catch more pop up bunts, jammed hits in the air instead of ignoring them
  • CPU batters will no longer swing at balls that bounce up in to the strike zone
  • Fixed bug with bases loaded, two outs, ball in dirt strike three, step on home. Batter comes back up to the plate at the start of the next inning fixed.
  • Fixed CPU closer getting yanked after giving up 1 run when ahead by two in a save situation
  • Catcher will now catch more balls that bounce in front of him instead of blocking them. As it stands, a lot of the blocked balls turn in to WP's.
  • Fixed Miguel Tejada's homerun bug - This can occur only when you make a RTTS show player and make him lefty or switch hitter, because Tejada is normally right handed.
  • Fixed Errors incorrectly being called on backend of double plays, when the out wasn't made.
  • The rob HR off the glove issues addressed. Now when a rob hr is attempted, the ball hit's the glove and the ball goes over the wall it is counted as a HR.
  • Catcher will pick up balls under him instead of standing up all the time. Also he catches more short hops instead of standing up all the time.
  • Knuckleball pitch movement addressed (no longer looks like a good change up. left and right movement occurs)
  • Fixed issues with pitcher not fielding bunts that were popped up.
  • Fixed the bug, not giving an error, on some error throws in the infield.
  • Fixed giving batter non-existent Fielders Choice.
  • Wind influence reduction based on extensive tests versus real life stats and community feedback
  • Added Pitcher and Batter handedness changes. On the substitution screen, when entered from the bullpen only.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing a stutter in the Start screen and during pitches in-game. Not always, but sometimes.
  • Analog Pitching, is now harder to pin point your location
  • Analog Hitting has been made easier
  • Meter pitching, its now harder to pinpoint your location
  • Fixed late catcher back pick issue that allowed the runner to take second
Franchise Fixes
  • Cause players with low overall to retire sooner.
  • Fixed a bug causing players to not store their initial attribute levels at the start of each season, causing progression in the offseason to appear much larger than it was since it was being calculated to the start of 2011, regardless of the current season.
  • Decisions on contract options need to be made sooner since the exclusive negotiation period was shortened from 15 to 5 days.
  • Only players with 6+ years of service time will be flagged as type A or type B free agents.
  • Fixed the accelerated progression where players were progressing to their potential at age 26 instead of 30.
  • Fixed 99 ovr players were not correctly normalizing to 1.0f.
  • Adjusted salary curve and fixed issues with salaries in short seasons.OPERATION SPORTS
  • Now the game doesn't backload contracts that are less than $5M per year or less than 4 years.
  • Adjusted how potentials are assigned to generated players.
  • More logic to see if a contract should be tendered to a player before allowing him to become a free agent. Also, more accurate calculation for salary reserved for minor league players under the team's control.
  • Fixed some bugs with the popup message in multi-user franchise mode when minor league teams secure a bye in the playoffs.
  • Make sure any player who is decent (75 ovr, 75 potential) are being offered arbitration. Also, make sure free agents were offered arbitration by the CPU and teams didn't receive compensation picks for players to whom they didn't offer arbitration.
  • Fixed the issue to make sure that contract offers and arbitration offers aren't cleared when a player becomes a free agent at the end of the 5 day exclusive negotiation period.
  • Fixed the issue and now more 1 year contracts for arbitration eligible players.
  • Make the best available player the most valuable if the team is missing minor leaguers.
  • Set team strategies for the user teams as well.
  • All minor leaguers will now have 1 year contracts by default.
  • Treat CPU controlled user teams as CPU teams for purposes of reducing trades during the season.
  • Clear a player's minor league option used status at the start of spring training instead of at the end of it. This was allowing the user to send players down during spring training and not have an option used.
RTTS
  • Fixes an event ordering issue at the end of offseason. Promotes decision to force career player contract signing to the beginning of the Advance function on the last day of offseason, in front of HandleOrganization. HandleOrganization may move the player to the 40 man roster in the HandleRenewal call, and this previously would change the Renewable status before the player was forced to sign, which would put the career player into a state the system was not prepared for.
  • Sportsmanship fix for Gamer of the Day online home screen. Was always showing zero.
  • Player vault appearance fix. This would happen when creating, exporting, uploading, then downloading single players. They would have a Jeter head instead of the head created.
  • Custom roster load to make sure they all load the same. tested, and no more divergence. To test, use leagues with a custom roster.OPERATION SPORTS
  • Framrate improvements during online game when pitcher side is from pitching view, the batter's screen takes framerate hits. This is most noticeable in TB. Graphics improvements done and the 2nd base umpire turned off.
  • Balks and Batter Walk-ups should now work in league games when set to ON in League create. For Batter walk-ups Presentation Mode must be set to any option, other than Fast Play.
  • Fixed the issue where once anyone in a league trades and has more than 40 players on a league team, the game may crash for some users when accessing My Leagues. Or some teams may have the wrong player and cause league problems.
  • Fixed Play Now and exhibition games entered don't always have Wind at 4mph coming in from RF.
  • randomness restored to wind for online games.
  • Side ticker clean up, which addresses games that are in Preview status.
  • On Line check swings adjustments, opening up the timing window for them. Should now be improved.

The bug:
"When I started a new RTTS I used last weeks online roster file. I created my guy and entered the draft. After the team selected me it tried to auto-save but couldn't. A window popped up, reading ''UNABLE TO LOCATE THE CURRENT SAVED FILE, WHICH WAS CREATED BY ANOTHER USER. THEREFORE, NO FURTHER PROGRESS CAN BE SAVED AT THIS TIME.'' I tried to save manually but a window popped up reading ''YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO SAVE DATA CREATED BY ANOTHER USER. ONLY OVERWRITING THE CURRENT SAVED FILE WILL BE PERMITTED.'' Two options were available ''cancel'' or ''overwrite existing file.'' I selected ''overwrite existing file.'' But then the whole ''UNABLE TO SAVE DATA CREATED BY ANOTHER USER. THEREFORE, NO FURTHER PROGRESS CAN BE SAVED AT THIS TIME.'' I tried to load the roster and then start the RTTS and use the current roster option but the same exact thing happened. I could only save the RTTS if I used the default rosters. Do I have to wait for this weeks rosters to save a RTTS, or does anybody have any ideas?"

The Work Around:
1) Boot up the game. As soon as you hit the menu screen, go over & save the default roster in a new file. Don't load anything beforehand; I tried this fix as soon as I got the error in my new RTTS & it wouldn't let me create a new roster file ("There is no file present" or something similar)
2) Once you've saved that roster in a new file, load whatever roster you want to use.
3) Save the roster you just loaded over the one you just created.
Now the roster you want is stored in a file created by you, so it's not going to get jammed up & it'll let you create RTTS/Franchise files with those rosters."

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 johnpreyes @ 04/25/11 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
What's the saving issue?
Some people are unable to save a newly created Franchise/RTTS using a roster file other than the default.

# 42 stealyerface @ 04/25/11 05:10 PM
Quote:
Timing window has been expanded
Thank you for the update.

~syf

# 43 spitoon @ 04/25/11 05:10 PM
Quote:
What's the saving issue?
Sorry to throw a huge thread at you, but most of the information about the "Saving Issue" is in here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ns-thread.html

# 44 Bobhead @ 04/25/11 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesscan
What does this mean?
No one knows.

Excellent work Russell/SDS people

By the way, I just tried Analog Hitting for the first time in months. I used to barely be able to hit on Veteran, and I am on All Star now and I just hit a home run in the first inning. So - yeah - confirming its easier.

# 45 GrandMaster B @ 04/25/11 05:13 PM
Anyone know what happened to the guess pitch setting that actually showed the location of the pitch if you guessed correctly? Did they take that out? Used it for RTTS to get my guy up quickly.

# 46 crains13 @ 04/25/11 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh91
Does anyone else notice after every three innings the grounds crew rakes the field and the batter's box/catcher box as to where it is re-done like it would be for the start of the game?

I noticed it before the patch, hoping it'd get the fix.

I was wondering the same thing too. Its kinda annoying. I had a game the other day where it rained and the lines were almost completely gone, then after the 3rd there were re-done.

# 47 Bobhead @ 04/25/11 05:19 PM
Quote:
What's the saving issue?
Numerous players have reported that they are unable to save any "mode" files post-patch. They get a message saying the file belongs to another user, or something like that.

(By "mode" file I mean Franchise/RTTS/Season/etc...)

Also Russell, are you aware of/have you fixed the issue with animation hiccups during pitcher deliveries? I don't mean the stutter thing - I mean with certain pitchers, the ball will consistently "dissappear" for a split second as it is released, then appear somewhere else, resuming its trajectory. It makes the pitch really hard to follow. I had to change Jonathan Sanchez's delivery altogether because everytime I faced him I'd end up getting shutout. If I had to take a guess, I'd say the cause is that the heights of these pitchers were changed at some point in time, but their delivery animations were not re-done. IE: The ball reappears where it should appear for a 6'2 pitcher, even though Pitcher X is only 6'0

# 48 beantownbruins @ 04/25/11 05:20 PM
Quote:
What's the saving issue?
This is a quote from Yankee2441 in the "2nd Patch is OUT!" (page 4, comment 34) thread that describes the problem. Several people are seeing this. We don't even know if it is patch related or due to PSN being down...

"I downloaded the patch and now I'm unable to save my franchise file. Anytime I go to save a 'Notice' appears that reads "You are attempting to save data created by another user. Only overwriting the current saved file will be permitted."

I select 'Overwrite existing save' and then it reads "Unable to locate the current saved file, which was created by another user. Therefore, no further progress can be saved at this time."

Does anyone know what this means?"

# 49 Heroesandvillains @ 04/25/11 05:32 PM
To add on to the post above^^^^^

SCEA rosters allow a patched system to save properly. However, downloaded rosters (such as OS Full Minors) will NOT allow the patched system to save using game modes. This is regardless of whether or not the roster file was downloaded via flashdrive or via sportsconnect.

One of my PS3's won't allow me to use anything other than the default rosters to start a franchise.

My other PS3 WILL allow any roster I choose.

For the life of me, I can't isolate the issue.

I've even uninstalled and reinstalled on the faulty system with no luck. It's odd, because my other system works and saves just fine.

Fwiw, my profile name and PSN names DO NOT match on either system.

# 50 DJ @ 04/25/11 05:36 PM
Thanks for the list, Ramone.

I have only played 1 game post-patch, but I can definitely see the difference in Analog pitching and it is tougher (in a good way) to hit your spots. I actually walked 3 CPU batters, which was something I never did pre-patch.

Thanks for also clarifying how Analog Hitting was made easier; I actually switched back to Analog hitting today and saw some good results, so increasing the timing window certainly helped this gamer

I appreciate all of the developers' hard work to improving this great game.

# 51 tril @ 04/25/11 05:36 PM
analog hittiing made easier.
thank goodness. Analog hitting was frustrating,

# 52 HustlinOwl @ 04/25/11 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesscan
Can anyone explain what this means?
can't give away all their secrets

# 53 Bobhead @ 04/25/11 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
To add on to the post above^^^^^

SCEA rosters allow a patched system to save properly. However, downloaded rosters (such as OS Full Minors) will NOT allow the patched system to save using game modes. This is regardless of whether or not the roster file was downloaded via flashdrive or via sportsconnect.

One of my PS3's won't allow me to use anything other than the default rosters to start a franchise.

My other PS3 WILL allow any roster I choose.

For the life of me, I can't isolate the issue.

I've even uninstalled and reinstalled on the faulty system with no luck. It's odd, because my other system works and saves just fine.

Fwiw, my profile name and PSN names DO NOT match on either system.
Have you tried that workaround thing someone else found? (I can't quote the post directly because the topic is closed):

Quote:
Posted by: shigogouhou
OK, I may have found a workaround for the "Save data created by another user" issue:
1) Boot up the game. As soon as you hit the menu screen, go over & save the default roster in a new file. Don't load anything beforehand; I tried this fix as soon as I got the error in my new RTTS & it wouldn't let me create a new roster file ("There is no file present" or something similar)
2) Once you've saved that roster in a new file, load whatever roster you want to use.
3) Save the roster you just loaded over the one you just created.

Now the roster you want is stored in a file created by you, so it's not going to get jammed up & it'll let you create RTTS/Franchise files with those rosters.

# 54 rememberxxnever3 @ 04/25/11 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
I was wondering the same thing too. Its kinda annoying. I had a game the other day where it rained and the lines were almost completely gone, then after the 3rd there were re-done.
dude this bothers u???...its a VIDEEOOOO GAMMEEE for god's sake...

anyways, the patch is pretty awesome...wake's knuckler moves all over the place...CPU pitchers dont throw strikes all the time, they actually waste pitches and get wild, u can work the count...the closers stay in after giving up runs...in game injuries happen now(erick aybar fractured his shin trying to beat out a ground ball to 3rd..lunged and stepped on 1st, immediately went down), havent had any freezing post patch yet(had one pre patch, trying to use a pinch runner in the bottom of the 9th inning, restart necessary) but i mean that comes with the territory of playing video games...ur gonna lose a game every once in a while...pretty excited to see more...

# 55 crains13 @ 04/25/11 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rememberxxnever3
dude this bothers u???...its a VIDEEOOOO GAMMEEE for god's sake...

anyways, the patch is pretty awesome...wake's knuckler moves all over the place...CPU pitchers dont throw strikes all the time, they actually waste pitches and get wild, u can work the count...the closers stay in after giving up runs...in game injuries happen now(erick aybar fractured his shin trying to beat out a ground ball to 3rd..lunged and stepped on 1st, immediately went down), havent had any freezing post patch yet(had one pre patch, trying to use a pinch runner in the bottom of the 9th inning, restart necessary) but i mean that comes with the territory of playing video games...ur gonna lose a game every once in a while...pretty excited to see more...
Actually its the most realistic video game. and apparently im not the only one bc about 3 other people brought it up.

# 56 Heroesandvillains @ 04/25/11 05:54 PM
Okay. Like the user two posts above me, I noticed the CPU pitching less accurately too. But, I didn't want to be the first one to ask.

CPU pitchers seem to throw more balls now. Thus, I'm drawing a ton more walks.

But, nothing in the notes state that CPU pitching logic had been changed. Has it? Maybe as a result of something else? Maybe? Or is it just our imaginations?

# 57 selahsdaddy @ 04/25/11 06:09 PM
Is the timing window being bigger also for online play? (as soon as we can play online that is!)

# 58 Russell_SCEA @ 04/25/11 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by selahsdaddy
Is the timing window being bigger also for online play? (as soon as we can play online that is!)

Yes indeed

# 59 rememberxxnever3 @ 04/25/11 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
Actually its the most realistic video game. and apparently im not the only one bc about 3 other people brought it up.
i read 67 pages on the other thread and 7 pages on this thread and only 1 other guy + u have said anything about it..yea its the most realistic game ever but i think some people go a little overboard with certain things...like let these guys spend time working on things that NEED to be fixed/changed rather then crap like lining the field in game...its irrelevant to the conclusion we are lookin for really...and to heroesandvillians, idk if they actually made any changes cuz they dont really say anything about it..but i def see something has changed...i mean im not walking a ton more but me personaly i walk maybe once or twice a game if that, but now im seeing deeper counts, waste pitches when 0-2/1-2, and when a pitcher gives up a couple hits i see some immediate 3-0 counts to the next batter..i mean i love it..and one time in particular with me last night, i had a 4-3 lead in the 7th against the angels with 1 out...had bobby jenks in against alberto callaspo and he cranked a 3-2 solo shot off me to tie the game, i then gave up 2 singles..i had just started warming up danny bard after the hr so i brought him in after the 2 consecutive singles and he wasnt fully warm...i immediately threw 4 straight balls to walk the guy loading the bases..im chalking that up to not being fully warm after being called from the pen..next batter i got to pop up to youk at 3rd for the 2nd out..and then i k'd kendrick painting the outside corner with a 99mph 4seam..kendrick flailed at it very late...so i think they changed something with pitching, idk though could just be me but i doubt it...anyways i ended up winning the game on a crawford solo shot top 10 and then retired the angels in order in the bottom half with pap...i still cant believe ijust described a baseball video game lol...i still got my nes that i have to beat the **** out of literally to make a game work...lol its just an amazing game

# 60 Sports fanantic @ 04/25/11 06:54 PM
not to take away from this great list, but is the away pitcher pull custom Sounds going to be fix?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.