Home
Madden 12 News Post

Peyton Hillis is your Madden NFL 12 cover athlete.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 roadman @ 04/27/11 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
I hope Alex Smith makes the cover next year.
Who is that?

Oh yeah, the QB taken before Rodgers.

Anyway, you get a NCAA type bracket for picking a cover, this is the way it ends up, folks.

It's just a cover.

# 22 hyacinth1 @ 04/27/11 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Because that would be close to the same thing, right?

man, some sore losers here.

yes, because he is mediocre and a national unknown just like Hillis

# 23 Colts18 @ 04/27/11 05:10 PM
Funny how the people from Ohio are the only ones that don't get the joke. LOL

This is clearly something to laugh about. There is no way in this world that Mike Vick wouldn't "fairly" beat Hillis in a voting system. 2004. Florida.

# 24 OSUFan_88 @ 04/27/11 05:11 PM
Quote:
yes, because he is mediocre and a national unknown just like Hillis
LMAO.

Good night folks!

# 25 SouthernBrick @ 04/27/11 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Watching now.

Good...at least Vick will remain healthy this year

What a joke of a competition BTW.

Stay classy Vick. We know what this was about.
Vick said earlier on ESPN that over 13 million people voted and that was just between Hillis and Vick threw this entire competition. I don't really see how it's a joke but, since that is your opinion then good for you.

# 26 LEHNY @ 04/27/11 05:12 PM
People vote based on the curse, not based on the better player or cover athlete. Hillis won soley based on people voting against Vick, Rodgers ect. because of the curse.

# 27 Bellsprout @ 04/27/11 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEHNY
People vote based on the curse, not based on the better player or cover athlete. Hillis won soley based on people voting against Vick, Rodgers ect. because of the curse.
That. And a few other things. I think there was some "wouldn't it be funny if Peyton Hillis was on the cover" votes, I think there was some VickHate votes, and then there were Browns fans, who were nice enough to support their guy.

I know I had a tough time convincing other Packers fans to vote for Rodgers. Wusses were scared of the curse.

# 28 hyacinth1 @ 04/27/11 05:16 PM
I dont know the constituency who votes on this so not sure about the whole curse thing.

btw....not many people on the west coast here know who hillis is. Maybe in ohio he's the next Rutheford B Hays but outside the AFC North, he's not a national figure

# 29 LEHNY @ 04/27/11 05:17 PM
I didn't care about the curse at all. I'm a huge Chiefs fan and I wanted Jamaal on the cover. I wasn't worried about a curse, but there is no way that Hillis could beat Rodgers straight up based on popularity or skill. Same with Vick and Ryan. Packers fans, and other fans obviously voted for Hillis so Rodgers/Vick/Ryan wouldn't get hurt by the "curse". But I myself do not believe in the curse. People think too much

# 30 OSUFan_88 @ 04/27/11 05:18 PM
Quote:
I dont know the constituency who votes on this so not sure about the whole curse thing.

btw....not many people on the west coast here know who hillis is. Maybe in ohio he's the next Rutheford B Hays but outside the AFC North, he's not a national figure
He's not the President, but if you either:

A) Played fantasy football

or

B) Watched a replay show of any kind

You'd know who he is.

# 31 Smoke6 @ 04/27/11 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
Wow I really hope u aren't insinuating what it seems like you are... If so dude, get a.clue.
Bunch of haters.... Heaven forbid they let the fans vote and when they do people wanna pull the ---- card lol... Geez
It is what it is, you either didnt want vick on the cover for his past crimes or the fact he was on there before. Either way, the way it has been on all forums madden has had that racial tone to it for a while. Its nothing to get bent out of shape over, like the many who flocked to burn vick at the cross once he made the finals, im sure they're safe in there glass houses right now and there pets looking and feeling healthier than ever since they have been rescued from the ASPCA.

Im happy for hillis winning, the cover isnt the reason I buy my games anyway, its whats on the disc when I put it into my console that matters.

# 32 Dcmrulz @ 04/27/11 05:19 PM
I voted on Hillis because I like seeing the lesser known guy win, and he worked wonders for my fantasy team, turning a 1-5 team to a 9-5 team.

# 33 roadman @ 04/27/11 05:19 PM
Quote:

Look, it was the way the voting was setup. No use crying Wolff on a brilliant marketing scheme.

In college hoops, any given night, a Cinderella team can beat the #1 seed. Was Connecticut the best team in the country or just the hottest team in the country over the last month or so?

# 34 drtre88 @ 04/27/11 05:19 PM
This is the beginning of the end of his career. Such a shame, there was so much potential......

Is anybody really going to be surprised to hear that he's been injured when he plays against the Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals Defenses a total of six times a year? The only thing that will surprise me is if the injury occurs against the Bengals instead of the Ravens or Steelers.

# 35 xtoddx @ 04/27/11 05:20 PM
I don't get how this could matter to anyone. People will look at it, people will see a football player, in a fraction of a second will see "Madden 12", and buy it regardless. To think that people buy based on the cover is absolutely ridiculous. The marketing won't change one bit, there will still be commercials, banners, and regardless of who it is, there is still an NFL player on the cover.

# 36 bichettehappens @ 04/27/11 05:20 PM
Why do so many people feel this is a bad outcome for EA as far as marketing goes?

Let's say they have no vote, they just pick who is on the cover like usual. They pick Aaron Rodgers for example, there's no hoopla about a vote for the last few weeks and now the ensuing conversations about "who???" and so on.

The vote not only had Madden discussed the last few weeks leading up to this, on both sports/gaming sites and completely unrelated ones alike, but now there's the fallout of those people who will be upset as well as those excited about it.

America loves the Cinderella stories, remember how many people were excited about the Giants beating the Patriots a few years back? EA is going to be just fine.

# 37 roadman @ 04/27/11 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEHNY
I didn't care about the curse at all. I'm a huge Chiefs fan and I wanted Jamaal on the cover. I wasn't worried about a curse, but there is no way that Hillis could beat Rodgers straight up based on popularity or skill. Same with Vick and Ryan. Packers fans, and other fans obviously voted for Hillis so Rodgers/Vick/Ryan wouldn't get hurt by the "curse". But I myself do not believe in the curse. People think too much
Not really. Even Rodgers mentioned on Twitter that Packer fans are afraid of the curse.

# 38 Dcmrulz @ 04/27/11 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
In college hoops, any given night, a Cinderella team can beat the #1 seed. Was Connecticut the best team in the country or just the hottest team in the country over the last month or so?
Actually, the Uconn-Butler matchup sums this one up really well. Traditional power back on the big stage vs superstar unknown.

# 39 Smoke6 @ 04/27/11 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Who is that?

Oh yeah, the QB taken before Rodgers.

Anyway, you get a NCAA type bracket for picking a cover, this is the way it ends up, folks.

It's just a cover.
, ill be watching you closely you closely, I hope you still have your copy of madden and can be found on PS3. I'll remind you of who he is with no problem!

# 40 roadman @ 04/27/11 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcmrulz
Actually, the Uconn-Butler matchup sums this one up really well. Traditional power back on the big stage vs superstar unknown.
Except Butler wasn't superstar unknown. Butler has been to the final 4 quite frequently lately.

Isn't there higher priorities in life than discussing or dissing the results of a cover athlete on a video game?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.