Home
Madden 12 News Post

Jon Robinson of ESPN The Gamer has interviewed Madden NFL 12 Producers Phil Frazier and Mike Scantlebury to get a feel for what fans should be looking for in the gameplay department come August 30.

Quote:
"The biggest difference gamers will notice right away, however, is the increased violence of every hit. With the old Pro-Tak tackling system, the game turned into gang tackles where groups of players ended up huddled together pushing a pile one way or another. But now that the new tackling system has more to do with momentum and point of impact, instead of watching a pile moving in boring fashion, now one defender might grab the ball carrier while the second defender charges in and cleans the pile out."

Source- Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Q&A

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 vision @ 04/28/11 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhh !

I just love that he said it. It would've had been even better if he said consecutive-hit tackling. Yeah, I know impact is a synonym. It seems like they got rid of Pro-tak, and in my opinion that was a good move. They bit off more than they could chew by trying to install nine-man gang tackles.
I know that OS banned Apexisfree, but you gotta give him props as being the guy who originally coined the phrase "Consecutive hit tackles". Phil chose his words wisely by saying "impact", but he knows where he got it from.

For all of the people in the past who where saying "stop complaining".. this is what so called "complaining" does to better a product. Now we know for sure that they do listen and look at feedback, especially when it starts to hurt their pockets. I hope EA learned their lesson with NBA Elite.

# 42 roadman @ 04/28/11 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
I know that OS banned Apexisfree, but you gotta give him props as being the guy who originally coined the phrase "Consecutive hit tackles". Phil chose his words wisely by saying "impact", but he knows where he got it from.

For all of the people in the past who where saying "stop complaining".. this is what so called "complaining" does to better a product. Now we know for sure that they do listen and look at feedback, especially when it starts to hurt their pockets. I hope EA learned their lesson with NBA Elite.
I do give him props for that and I did ask the question during the first podcast. The answer was we are working on it.

# 43 Broncos86 @ 04/28/11 02:45 PM
Individual press and shading sounds excellent. I've missed that features for years.

# 44 spankdatazz22 @ 04/28/11 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
"Jon Robinson: Zone coverage has been busted in the game for years. Why did it take so long to fix?

Mike Scantlebury: I was in the right position this year to make it a priority, sir."

Did he just call out Ian Cummings, or am I over thinking things here..
I don't see massive change until there's an overhaul at Tiburon. Credit Jon Robinson for asking a few tough questions; in each instance blame is deflected ([previous] memory restrictions kept them from doing custom playbooks before now?). Now that [whatever his name is] is in charge, zone coverage is now a priority? At least the "it's the suits holding them back" excuse can't be used.

All signs point that the game will still lag behind their contemporaries, but it never ceases to amaze me how quick Tiburon is to pat itself on the back for doing things we take for granted with every other sports game developer. I really don't think they understand where this game really is in terms of quality, versus other sports games of this generation. And where football games likely would be if it weren't for their NFL/NCAA license exclusivity.

# 45 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/29/11 01:59 PM
wow, props to EA man, the Shading addition got me extra excited, I dont understand all of the hate...

At the end of the day, its the ONLY football game out there that tries to replicate "Sim". Sure they could've done a lot better with the game IMO--and sure the game is extremely watered down from what it was on the last gen....but at the end of the day this is all we have, and they aren't ever gonna "Totally overhaul" the team beccause THERE IS NO COMPETITION.

IMO people just need to get over it, foreal. All we can do is be happy with what they give--if you dont like what they are offering, simply dont buy the game.

((BTW, This is NOT a shot at anyone saying this game is "The Same 'Ol Game EVERY Season with the same wack engine", this is just a reality check, because I'm just as frustrated with the LACK of improvement promised by EA, not even because of what the Devs have promised in the past -- its just the fact that at one point, everything we asked for as Madden Fans Were Actually IN the past Madden (Last Gen) games, or with that other 2k company... So I get it, I do...but theres no point of bashing EA anymore, Its the only creditable football company out there (please dont bring up backbreaker)..but all the complaints are being addressed extremely slowly but surely...what they are doing this year is seems pretty remarkable))

Anyway, sorry for my rant. Just had to get that off my chest.

# 46 K_GUN @ 04/29/11 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
This is easily the best post I have seen in many months. You hit it right on here Spank. Excuses was one of the things I HATED about Tiburon. They always had some sort of excuse as to why something CAN'T be done. I thin that, more than anything, was what prevented me from being a customer for a long while.
add on this....for years we were told the size of the football can't be reduced because it would ruin all the QB animations (ball floating in the hand)...and now we hear that m12 will have a reduced football (they didn't re-do all the QB animations folks)

# 47 Other Guy @ 04/29/11 10:16 PM
I literally LOVE EVERYTHING that I've heard about M12 so far. I Couldn't be more excited.

first time in a long time...

# 48 Only1LT @ 04/30/11 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
wow, props to EA man, the Shading addition got me extra excited, I dont understand all of the hate...

At the end of the day, its the ONLY football game out there that tries to replicate "Sim". Sure they could've done a lot better with the game IMO--and sure the game is extremely watered down from what it was on the last gen....but at the end of the day this is all we have, and they aren't ever gonna "Totally overhaul" the team beccause THERE IS NO COMPETITION.

IMO people just need to get over it, foreal. All we can do is be happy with what they give--if you dont like what they are offering, simply dont buy the game.

((BTW, This is NOT a shot at anyone saying this game is "The Same 'Ol Game EVERY Season with the same wack engine", this is just a reality check, because I'm just as frustrated with the LACK of improvement promised by EA, not even because of what the Devs have promised in the past -- its just the fact that at one point, everything we asked for as Madden Fans Were Actually IN the past Madden (Last Gen) games, or with that other 2k company... So I get it, I do...but theres no point of bashing EA anymore, Its the only creditable football company out there (please dont bring up backbreaker)..but all the complaints are being addressed extremely slowly but surely...what they are doing this year is seems pretty remarkable))

Anyway, sorry for my rant. Just had to get that off my chest.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the point of this post at all. People should be happy with Madden because that's all we have? O... K...

# 49 CreatineKasey @ 04/30/11 04:58 AM
Good stuff.

Improving interactions always is a win in my book. They were selling OL/DL interaction some... hopefully it's legit! I'd love to run a twist blitz against a weak interior line and see it actually succeed as intended.

# 50 SmashMan @ 04/30/11 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
add on this....for years we were told the size of the football can't be reduced because it would ruin all the QB animations (ball floating in the hand)...and now we hear that m12 will have a reduced football (they didn't re-do all the QB animations folks)
The player models appear to be beefed up as well. Maybe they could only make the ball so much smaller, and the bigger players are making up the difference to make the ball the correct size?

# 51 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/30/11 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I'm sorry, but I don't see the point of this post at all. People should be happy with Madden because that's all we have? O... K...
Yes, in a nutshell, thats what it is about, Im glad you read it.

People ask for improvements, so we come to this site to give feedback and share our ideas--and all people continue to say is "Scrap the entire engine", or "They will never get it"...its annoying bro...the game sounds great this year with all the improvements to all the major features..and people STILL complain.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.