Home
Madden 12 News Post

EA Sports' Game Changer Jake Stein was able to go to EA Tiburon and get his hands on Madden NFL 12 as well as give some impressions on the gameplay.

Quote:
"The very first thing that jumps out to me when playing Madden NFL 12 is the enhanced tackling system. The central gameplay team gave themselves a goal at the beginning of the development cycle: eliminate suctioning, warping, and sliding. The way this goal was achieved can be summed up in one sentence; collision doesn't take place until contact is actually made between ball carrier and defender. This can be felt in multiple aspects of the game from how the O-line and D-line interact, to wide receivers diving for balls that they would normally just speed up to catch, but most of all, you feel this with tackling."

Source- First Look: Madden NFL 12 Gameplay

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jmurphy31 @ 04/28/11 09:26 AM
It does sound very promising...I cant wait to see it in action...

# 2 oneamongthefence @ 04/28/11 09:26 AM
Well the whole thing sounds authentic. Improved tackling mechanic and even better line play. Sounds exciting. Can't wait.

# 3 roadman @ 04/28/11 09:32 AM
Every scoring play challenge able.

Interesting, have to see how that plays out. Bring it on.

# 4 Jarodd21 @ 04/28/11 09:32 AM
MAN this got me so pumped up to get this game..

# 5 MrSkagTrendy @ 04/28/11 09:32 AM

Barring the guy's generic face on the right, this looks like a real photograph.

# 6 blklightning @ 04/28/11 09:37 AM
i'm still in wait and see mode. it seems that madden previews always read like the game is going to be excellent. having learned this, i'll have to see for myself if all of these great sounding additions were fully done or just half baked, as has been the case in the past.

btw, read on ign that helmets can be scratched. personally, i love that addition.

# 7 Tengo Juego @ 04/28/11 09:37 AM
More like, first read. I was hoping for some video.

# 8 DavidmOrtiz15 @ 04/28/11 09:38 AM
Lookss sickkk!

# 9 Palo20 @ 04/28/11 09:40 AM
Will we still be able to use gameplanning with the new custom playbooks?

# 10 bxgoods @ 04/28/11 09:40 AM
Aren't they releasing a video around the draft tonight? Thats what they always do

# 11 greenegt @ 04/28/11 09:42 AM
Sounds really promising. Can't wait to see some gameplay vids.

# 12 roadman @ 04/28/11 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
Okay...Im not trying to stir up anything, but that really didnt do anything for me aside from what I already knew. How exactly is line play improved? What about pass rushing...has that been fixed?

For as much as they hyped up the unveiling, this was a letdown. And no, I didnt have unrealistic expectations, but that blog said nothing new and nothing really specific.

Not saying the game wont be better, but that was a pretty weak blog IMO.
Well, I agree, it was similar to the NCAA blog, but before I pass judgement, I make sure I read every article out there on the subject.

For instance, in the ESPN article, Phil Frasier mentioned he hated whenever his DL was engaged with the OL, he wouldn't be able to the get to the QB. Now, without the suction, he can get to the QB easier.

# 13 adub88 @ 04/28/11 09:50 AM
I'm really trying to temper my excitement here, because I've been let down before. I returned Madden '09 & '10 and comepletely passed on Madden '11. So far I like what I see and have read. I wanna come back home EA, make us proud, and keep up the hard work.

# 14 mjhyankees @ 04/28/11 09:54 AM
Looks good.

# 15 falconfansince81 @ 04/28/11 09:57 AM
is that really the big unveiling? i must be missing something...

# 16 djordan @ 04/28/11 10:00 AM
Hopefully we will get some game play videos today.

# 17 adub88 @ 04/28/11 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Hopefully we will get some game play videos today.
I think the most we'll get is the full version of those teasers that came out recently.

# 18 kc10785 @ 04/28/11 10:06 AM
My biggest problems im having with Madden 11 as far as gameplay that needed to get fix

*WR getting bump and run 40 yards down
*Man Coverage not being able to stop the wheel route
*Force to blitz players because your dline can't get pressure
*Passes in the flats not being covered even when running cover 2 or cover 3
*The success rate of jump balls in Madden 11 is rediculous (if I had a player that was over 6 foot 2 no matter what there rating was I can win 80% of the jump pall situations)
*Make the offensive lineman awareness mean something to many unblock players
*Speed shouldn't mean everything!!!!!! The Oakland Raiders is one of the top used teams in Madden and it's only because of there speed and they dominate. I feel if a Wr can't run routes, have a bad release of the line, and a horrible awareness that should show on the field to counter the speed. I am in one league where all my conerbacks speed is over 93 and not one of them have a overall rating over 70 and I shut down teams. It shouldnt work like that

Looks like they are fixing some of these issues hope they take care of the rest

# 19 drae2 @ 04/28/11 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
i'm still in wait and see mode. it seems that madden previews always read like the game is going to be excellent. having learned this, i'll have to see for myself if all of these great sounding additions were fully done or just half baked, as has been the case in the past.

btw, read on ign that helmets can be scratched. personally, i love that addition.
Co-sign. Let me see some more gameplay vids or a demo. I'm just not falling for the hype this time.

# 20 Only1LT @ 04/28/11 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy

Barring the guy's generic face on the right, this looks like a real photograph.
I'm going to disagree with this, but it doesn't look too bad either.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.