Home
Madden 12 News Post

EA Sports' Game Changer Jake Stein adds his impressions on presentation from his recent time with Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
"It's an October Sunday in sunny Tampa, Florida. But this is no ordinary Sunday, it's game day! The clock strikes one o'clock and without warning, you hear the canons being fired from the pirate ship. That can only mean one thing. It's time for the Bucs to hit the field.

Two rows of cheerleaders form a lane and led by Captain Fear and a group of flag runners, Tampa Bay storms the field. The player introductions conclude with the face of the franchise as the PA announcer says: "Your quarterback, from Kansas State, number five, Josh Freeman!"

The crowd erupts as one final canon shot booms throughout the stadium. Raymond James Stadium has never felt so alive. The 'Madden' franchise has never felt this alive."

Source- First Look: Madden NFL 12 Presentation

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MrSkagTrendy @ 04/28/11 09:30 AM
sounds fantastic, and as they really have paid attention to the tiniest details.

Quote:
Madden NFL 12 also brings you a customized EA SPORTS television broadcast style. What I mean by that, is that banners, overlays, and stats are presented very similarly to what you'd expect to see on a true television broadcast, but EA SPORTS has tweaked that and made it something very original. Along with that TV broadcast style, comes specific camera angles that you might recognize. Kickoffs, field goals, and a few other areas of the game all use the same camera angles that you would see on game day.

# 2 Azcardinal32 @ 04/28/11 09:34 AM
I dont mean to complain at our first real info of the year but... that was a really short blog compared to what we have been getting in the past few years. They mention overlays and stats... show us a screenshot of some of those.

# 3 RGiles36 @ 04/28/11 09:37 AM
Quote:
Madden NFL 12 also brings you a customized EA SPORTS television broadcast style. What I mean by that, is that banners, overlays, and stats are presented very similarly to what you'd expect to see on a true television broadcast, but EA SPORTS has tweaked that and made it something very original. Along with that TV broadcast style, comes specific camera angles that you might recognize. Kickoffs, field goals, and a few other areas of the game all use the same camera angles that you would see on game day.
This is what I've been waiting to hear. The story will be told when unedited gameplay vids release. Still, it's good to hear Jake touch on this.

Adding their own originality doesn't scare me as long as it resembles something from TV. They're not doing CBS, FOX, or NFL Network presentation; I expect some originality to it as long as it still fits within broadcast.

# 4 jmurphy31 @ 04/28/11 09:38 AM
This was posted yesterday and it give a bunch more detail than today's blogs about presentation

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/ma...hical-upgrades

# 5 RGiles36 @ 04/28/11 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
I dont mean to complain at our first real info of the year but... that was a really short blog compared to what we have been getting in the past few years. They mention overlays and stats... show us a screenshot of some of those.
Yeah, I'm hoping something more in-depth comes along later today (like NCAA did last week).

# 6 extremeskins04 @ 04/28/11 09:40 AM
EA we've already had stat overlays and blimp views of the stadium as well as the "TV broadcast style".

Where are the pre-game/halftime/post-game shows that we've been asking for years now?

# 7 jmurphy31 @ 04/28/11 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Yeah, I'm hoping something more in-depth comes along later today (like NCAA did last week).
There has to be some type of video later today (I hope)...

# 8 PAPERNUT @ 04/28/11 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
EA we've already had stat overlays and blimp views of the stadium as well as the "TV broadcast style".

Where are the pre-game/halftime/post-game shows that we've been asking for years now?
Think the silence is enough to put that to rest yet again this year......

# 9 extremeskins04 @ 04/28/11 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
Think the silence is enough to put that to rest yet again this year......
It's quite obvious that the halftime shows are not in this year again because EA knows it's what the fans have been asking for since 2006. They would write something like "And finally we listened to the players, halftime shows are in this year everyone!".

But yet we get more stat overlays, player introductions, etc etc, all the things that have already been in previous games. In fact, werent player introductions taken out last year? Now they are putting them back in and letting everyone know like it's something new.

This is really REALLY frustrating.

# 10 mjhyankees @ 04/28/11 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
This was posted yesterday and it give a bunch more detail than today's blogs about presentation

Wow...I'm am psyched....3d grass? If the gameplay is even the same as madden 11 this gives me satisfaction enough to continue enjoying the game. yes, of course I'm hoping for more especially in franchise and with commentary and super bowl presentation but at least when i line up at midnight to plunk down my $60 I'll feel I got an upgrade from last year.

# 11 greenegt @ 04/28/11 09:48 AM
I hope they got progressive lighting in. It looks great in NCAA and I've missed it in Madden.

# 12 jfen31 @ 04/28/11 09:53 AM
Quote:

Now THAT is a real blog- complete with new information and pictures. I'm not sure why EA didn't use it as their "big" 9:30 A.M. post, as the Jake Stein stuff was vague and lacking substance. Nice find.

# 13 DGuinta1 @ 04/28/11 09:53 AM
Sounds hot! Though still more amped for NCAA 12.

# 14 jbd345 @ 04/28/11 09:53 AM
Wow this looks like the best Madden yet as far as presentation wise. There is a video coming titled "Experience the Sights and Sounds of Sunday" or something like that listed on the site.

# 15 roadman @ 04/28/11 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
I hope they got progressive lighting in. It looks great in NCAA and I've missed it in Madden.
It's back in. Linear lighting is in too.

You need to look at the second link on page 1.

# 16 MrSkagTrendy @ 04/28/11 09:55 AM
Quote:

Why has this not been posted on the forum yet? This is the best blog by far and definitely has me the most excited! Thanks jmurphy31!

# 17 extremeskins04 @ 04/28/11 09:57 AM
I'm really really trying guys but it's very hard for me to be excited when the one thing we've been asking about for 6 years now still has not been put in the game.

Why is it so difficult to put a halftime show in the game with commentary talking about the highlights? Seriously? Can someone please tell me why?

# 18 Exonerated @ 04/28/11 10:00 AM
this second blog is amazing.

wooooh.

is it august yet?

# 19 aTTckr @ 04/28/11 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
Why has this not been posted on the forum yet? This is the best blog by far and definitely has me the most excited! Thanks jmurphy31!
Yeah that second blog got me excited too. What's up with EA lately selling that short blog as their big presentation blog as their announced big blog when they already have a much more detailed blog out? Are the marketing guys on vacation?

# 20 DavidmOrtiz15 @ 04/28/11 10:12 AM
Quote:

Jmurphy31 that was great, someone should post this for people to see, Eli manning with his stats while taking the field look great, and the fact there actually goingg to name the player before they run out is great. "Your quarterback, from Kansas State, number five, Josh Freeman!"

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.