Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 wrigleyville33 @ 04/29/11 06:31 PM
I don't know how you guys are giving in this easy to dropping 60 bucks. But hey, it's not my money you guys are spending! Anyways, one thing that did stand out was the fact that the coloring in madden 12 is so much better than what is shown in ncaa 12. In ncaa, the coloring is very pale, the "maroon" for Virginia Tech looks like purple, and the "crimson" for Alabama is just off, just like the gold is for Georgia Tech. However, in Madden the coloring doesn't look pale, and it looks like they nailed it with the color shading.

# 82 stevoxsole @ 04/29/11 07:37 PM
Is it me or does Mike Vick look fat....

# 83 Senator Palmer @ 04/29/11 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoxsole
Personally, I'd like the player models a little larger in relation to the field, but you're right. I don't know if it's the equipment and rib pads, but his upper body is too thick. Vick actually looks pretty lean suited up in real life.

# 84 BigBoi23 @ 04/29/11 08:24 PM
I really hope they get the Packers' entrance in, because I haven't seen it yet in a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EqlYnnZPKg

# 85 JayD @ 04/29/11 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Half-TIme show is all I want to see...after 8+years if this is not in the game....grrrrrrrrr
There was a half time show in the game but they decided to remove it this year because it was so bad.

# 86 rckabillyRaider @ 04/29/11 08:35 PM
Looks good! I hope they capture the crazies in the Black Hole.

# 87 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 04/29/11 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoxsole
Tell me about it.

Vick looks like a freakin sumo-wrestler, lol.

# 88 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 04/30/11 12:04 AM
^ On second thought, it looks like Michael Vick's jersey on Donovan McNabb's body.

Dat spine.

# 89 kbigmike2121 @ 04/30/11 02:24 AM
This might sound kind of weird... But I'm glad progressive lighting made it in...

# 90 Exonerated @ 04/30/11 05:16 AM
^^^^^^

Angles.

to be fair, its maybe 10% bigger.

# 91 roadman @ 04/30/11 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
My question is what is Madden12 going to offer with franchise and at the end of the second quarter??? They took out the Extra point this year, because they said it wasnt right. So what now, because Madden11 only had 3 or 4 plays that was out of sequence and no commentary for the half-time show. At this point, its unacceptable for this kind of presentation in a video game. Even if they do what NBA2k11 did, it would be nice, but i dont think the development team have that idea in mind.

Also what is franchise mode giving us this year since Extra Point is out. Please dont go back too 2006-2009 madden franchise presentation, because that was a abomination. Also i like the way mike vick stats came up in the sizzle video, but again, will it be just the QB's or all players that show this? Also we all know what the stats and banner looked like in Madden11, they cant look this way again. If the stats and overlays are good like in NFL2k5, then i can accept no halftime show for Madden12, but if not, all the camera angles and stuff mean nothing. The casual crowd isnt really concerned about all that stuff, because most just hurry up and play. Im a older gamer and have experience the last gen maddens and NFL2k series, they need to get this right and have that sim experience that i loved back in the day.
As per the information that has been released, Madden has called in the folks from CBS and NFL films to render Madden to a broadcast feel. (ie stats and overlays) Over 500 cameras were used and a special camera called DCAM(Avatar used this camera) is being utilized.

Still waiting for franchise info on May 16th, but here is what we know so far. Madden gets expanded rosters, cut days, new draft logic, and FA bidding system. This is similar to the game of HC.

Hope that helps.

# 92 Skyboxer @ 04/30/11 12:10 PM
Nice video...

# 93 Exonerated @ 04/30/11 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
Tell me about it.

Vick looks like a freakin sumo-wrestler, lol.
The camera adds 10 pounds?

# 94 tjizzle @ 04/30/11 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
The camera adds 10 pounds?
If that's so, wouldn't he be bigger in the real life picture on the left lol?

# 95 SuckaRepellent @ 05/01/11 08:17 AM
Intros look dope.

# 96 King Gro23 @ 05/01/11 08:19 AM
You guys realize Vick is wearing a rib protector in Madden 12 right?

# 97 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 05/01/11 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
You guys realize Vick is wearing a rib protector in Madden 12 right?
The bottom picture was with the rib protector though (Week 13 vs Houston). He still looks eerily like Donovan McNabb, who was coincidentally once an eagle. The posture is also overly stiff (like McNabb). Michael Vick ran briskly with his shoulders forward even with the rib protector.

Plenty of time to fix it in time for August though.

# 98 Mjphillips @ 05/01/11 10:13 AM
I would venture to say that most of us guys on this site don't give 2 shyts about the intros that they show us every year. These look just as good as they always do. SO WHAT!!!!! Are we gonna get more than the stuff that we always skip over after we've seen it twice? I love Madden, probably NCAA more but this doesn't do anything for me just yet.

# 99 JMD @ 05/01/11 10:42 AM
I have to say this years videos are looking good. So far my only complaint is the horrible soundtrack playing with them.

# 100 T5063 @ 05/01/11 12:01 PM
I don't know why everybody is getting so excited over this video. Shouldn't we be immune to the marketing hype that comes out pretty much every year for this game?

Ya, it does look great and news about EA working with CBS broadcast teams to design the broadcast angles and stat overlays sounds promising but its just the intro screen. It'll be fun to look at the first 5 or 10 or 20 games you play but pretty soon we'll all just be skipping it to get to the actual game play.

Personally, I'm waiting to hear what EA did with franchise mode before I get too excited.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.