Home
Madden 12 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 12 article, over at Wired, where they talk about how the game is poised for unprecedented realism. They've also posted the following video.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 davep @ 04/29/11 01:44 PM
I dig the video...except why does everyone just stand around after he scores? That's always been a problem and I would think relatively easy to fix. Takes away from the moment.

# 82 Broncos86 @ 04/29/11 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
I dig the video...except why does everyone just stand around after he scores? That's always been a problem and I would think relatively easy to fix. Takes away from the moment.
Funny you mention that. Just last night, I scored on a run in NCAA 11, and four of my linemen all did the exact same celebration at the exact same time. My first response was "heeey! That's an organized celebration!"

# 83 extremeskins04 @ 04/29/11 01:54 PM
Am I the only one in the world that can't view this video? I follow the link on the front page but it brings me to just a picture of Hillis in New York followed by an article.

Where is the video at?

# 84 ezio @ 04/29/11 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Am I the only one in the world that can't view this video? I follow the link on the front page but it brings me to just a picture of Hillis in New York followed by an article.

Where is the video at?
I dont think it is there anymore but I could be wrong. Yesterday if you clicked on the link and then clicked view all and scrolled down it was there but I don't see it now.

# 85 Morning Thunder @ 04/29/11 02:01 PM
I am in awe of how much that reflects Hillis's size.. They have his body type down perfectly.. Same with Polamalu

# 86 DickDalewood @ 04/29/11 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
In a video entitled "Peyton Hillis Goes Beast Mode" were you really expecting him to get tackled?
I'm so glad someone chimed in on the first page to say this. Seriously, as "beast mode" video, and people get upset that we don't have clips of him getting gang tackled behind the line of scrimmage, lol.

# 87 E_Melo85 @ 04/29/11 05:34 PM
The new collision system looks great and so does the running, graphics, and it looks like it runs smooth. However, I am a bit worried that Running backs will still be able to break 3 - 4 tackles in a play. This is something that I hated in Madden 11. Hopefully, this is fixed or this video was run on Rookie.

Madden 12 looks great though.

# 88 Vince Howard @ 04/30/11 12:28 AM
Did anyone else notice the 3 Steelers players that all got blocked and fell with the EXACT same animations, at the EXACT same time towards the end of the video?

# 89 franchiseplay @ 05/01/11 01:54 AM
he even looks boring in his hype video. Game does look pretty decent though

# 90 franchiseplay @ 05/02/11 08:53 PM
Hillis did rush for 1177 yards, Alstott never had a 1000 yd rushing season, but he shared the load with Warrick Dunn. Hillis previous high in 2 other seasons is 343 yds. I guess Toby Gerhart will be on the cover next year.

# 91 Cpre5 @ 05/02/11 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchiseplay
Hillis did rush for 1177 yards, Alstott never had a 1000 yd rushing season, but he shared the load with Warrick Dunn. Hillis previous high in 2 other seasons is 343 yds. I guess Toby Gerhart will be on the cover next year.
Also Hillis only started 13 games last year, the other 3 games he got 23 carries for 89 yards.
He averaged 83.7 yards per game as the starter, add those 3 games he would have had 1428 yards making him the 3rd leading rusher.

# 92 ExtremeGamer @ 05/03/11 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
What's the difference between hillis and Mike Alstott. Alstott never got the cover and I like him better, SMH.

# 93 poopoop @ 05/03/11 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
Also Hillis only started 13 games last year, the other 3 games he got 23 carries for 89 yards.
He averaged 83.7 yards per game as the starter, add those 3 games he would have had 1428 yards making him the 3rd leading rusher.
Vick, his main competition for the cover didn't start all 16 games.

Neither did MJD, Jamaal Charles, Peterson who all finished ahead of him in rushing yards. It's the NFL very rarely does a RB start all 16 games and not have to split carries.

Guys not even top 10 at his position.

# 94 roadman @ 05/03/11 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Vick, his main competition for the cover didn't start all 16 games.

Neither did MJD, Jamaal Charles, Peterson who all finished ahead of him in rushing yards. It's the NFL very rarely does a RB start all 16 games and not have to split carries.

Guys not even top 10 at his position.
So, they broke from tradition. It will still sell copies.

# 95 poopoop @ 05/03/11 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, they broke from tradition. It will still sell copies.
Whats your point and how does it even relate to what I said. I'm not suggesting they won't sell copies. Just thought it was weird watching someone exaggerate what Hillis did last season. "Oh he would've finished third in rushing if..."

# 96 roadman @ 05/03/11 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Whats your point and how does it even relate to what I said. I'm not suggesting they won't sell copies. Just thought it was weird watching someone exaggerate what Hillis did last season. "Oh he would've finished third in rushing if..."
My point is some people have been dissing Hillis, too.

It wasn't about stats this time around. That is also my point.

# 97 DocHolliday @ 05/03/11 01:25 PM
Still looks entirely lifeless after a touchdown (or any play really). Everyone just meanders while the guy that scored does the same reactions we have seen for years.

They really need to add in some animated sidelines. APF 2K8 did this really well, and its been 5 years.

Come one EA, go all in for once.

# 98 mm boost @ 05/03/11 02:05 PM
really enjoyed this video and seeing that they got his size right. In Madden 11, I traded to pick HIllis up, and then got rid of him after he had the appearance of a 180 lb lethargic cornerback.

On another note, Brown's backfield should be nasty this year. Hillis carrying the rock, and Owen Marecic as his full back. That is going to be one scary combination.

# 99 poopoop @ 05/03/11 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Exaggerate what Hillis did last season? Did you watch Browns games last year? I am not sure if I ever saw a guy earn each and every yard like Hillis did last year.
lol this is exactly what I mean...

# 100 adembroski @ 05/04/11 10:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04QrRLdULW4

I don't think he's boring at all. I love a back who delivers more hits than he receives.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.