Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

NCAA Football 12 Designer Ben Haumiller talks about the changes to zone coverage in NCAA Football 12.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Hiro1 @ 05/03/11 12:50 PM
The play where he shows the guy throwing to the HB in the flats and he is tackled 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

# 2 Pokes404 @ 05/03/11 12:55 PM
The player movement looked a little more fluid in that video. There wasn't quite as much of the twitchy, "humming bird," movement going on there as there was in the first video. That's encouraging.

Now, they just need to eliminate the super-human swats and fix the pass speed/trajectories (so you can actually drop a ball over the linebacker but in front of the safety) and they'll be all set. Still almost 2 months left before the game goes gold.

# 3 BenGerman @ 05/03/11 12:55 PM
Very good video. Other than some minimal floating, it looks really great in motion. I look forward to seeing what other additions they have tacked on to gameplay. Dynasty and RTG info coming soon!

# 4 blkrptnt819 @ 05/03/11 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
The player movement looked a little more fluid in that video. There wasn't quite as much of the twitchy, "humming bird," movement going on there as there was in the first video. That's encouraging.

Now, they need just need to eliminate the super-human swats and fix the pass speed/trajectories (so you can actually drop a ball over the linebacker but in front of the safety) and they'll be all set. Still almost 2 months left before the game goes gold.
Definitely need to fix the trajectory!

# 5 BleacherBum2310 @ 05/03/11 01:03 PM
Good Video.

Player Movement looks pretty good.

# 6 statdude @ 05/03/11 01:11 PM
Can you post to OP. Don't have youtube rite now.

# 7 blkrptnt819 @ 05/03/11 01:14 PM
Ok here's my question. If they take away the skinny post and the flats, besides running how can u beat the Cover 2 sink? U can run a drag but that's minimal yardage. It's going to get weird.

# 8 da ThRONe @ 05/03/11 01:19 PM
I watched it on my phone so the video wasn't super clear, but one thing that jumped out was the WR/DB interaction on the line. It seems much improved.

# 9 thescorpio1985 @ 05/03/11 01:20 PM
Only problem I have is my Aggies don't run a 4-3..........j/k the game looks to be headed in the right direction (keep it up EA)j.

# 10 Pokes404 @ 05/03/11 01:20 PM
One other thing I just noticed, apparently receivers still will make no effort to try to break up the pass when the defender is in position to make an INT. Not only that, they don't even seem to go fight for the ball. If defenders can trigger catching animations when they're in position, why can't receivers trigger swat animations when they're in position?

# 11 hurricanefootball4 @ 05/03/11 01:21 PM
Jacory Harris throwing an interception? They really did take it to the next level of realism this year

# 12 thescorpio1985 @ 05/03/11 01:22 PM
And what Okie St. said

# 13 inglip @ 05/03/11 01:25 PM
Looks good but is it just me or does it seem like they're sidestepping WAY too fast? Look at :30, look at the acceleration the dbacks getting from a dead stop, and then how they're almost sidestepping faster than the receivers are running.. EA really needs to bring in a scientist sometimes lol.

# 14 Watson @ 05/03/11 01:26 PM
Haumiller must rage quit if people cheese the HB flat route.

# 15 Watson @ 05/03/11 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inglip
Looks good but is it just me or does it seem like they're sidestepping WAY too fast? Look at :30, look at the acceleration the dbacks getting from a dead stop, and then how they're almost sidestepping faster than the receivers are running.. EA really needs to bring in a scientist sometimes lol.
If you had "page 1" on your Buzzkillington Big Board, Drink!

# 16 DerkontheOS @ 05/03/11 01:27 PM
Does this mean North Texas will be able to shut down the Oklahoma passing game?

# 17 mattbooty @ 05/03/11 01:29 PM
Great Video... although I did get a chuckle at the very beginning when Haumiller says "another big addition to this year's gameplay is zone coverage"... even he recognizes it didn't exist in 11...

# 18 inglip @ 05/03/11 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
If you had "page 1" on your Buzzkillington Big Board, Drink!
Hahaha I hate to be that guy I just want to see that be tweaked a bit before release.

One thing I will praise them for is the foot speed of players, as a guy who's watched a lot of football I can say that it looks correct.

# 19 dlk90514 @ 05/03/11 01:39 PM
One thing that I noticed when watching this video was the defensive and offensive line play. I liked how the tackles used a kick-slide to move back, and the defensive lineman just didn’t stop upon contact they continued to drive the offensive lineman. The play where only three defensive players rushed the center and right guard worked together while the left guard sunk and checked the left tackle. So far I am pretty excited to see more game footage.

# 20 Reggie16 @ 05/03/11 01:50 PM
man ncaa 12 might actually be fun to play this year because it will force us to "play football" not play cheats they can find.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.