Home
Madden 12 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 12 screenshot, taken via camera, by Phil Frazier, Executive Producer for the Madden NFL video game series.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 turducken34 @ 05/03/11 08:03 PM
I'm more intrigued by whats on the dry-erase board than the screen shot. CBS? I'm guessing that it's not gonna mean what I hope it means.

# 42 thrust @ 05/03/11 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
forget the gameflow.....

CHECK OUT THE BOARD IN THE BACK
Forget that too. Flip the picture, and zoom in on the crumbled notebook paper at the right bottom of the screen. Get ready to be blown away my friend.

# 43 PSRusse83 @ 05/03/11 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust
Forget that too. Flip the picture, and zoom in on the crumbled notebook paper at the right bottom of the screen. Get ready to be blown away my friend.
Tried all i could make out was CB Bugs? I dont know you tell me

# 44 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/03/11 08:25 PM
What they should do is a NFL Network broadcast. They do that well and then everything else could fall into place. The sort of put them in last year, with the half time show and Extra Point in franchise. Just a thought.

# 45 LorenzoDC @ 05/03/11 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
For those of you discussing what 'Bench' is, it's a play. Double twins gun formation where the outside guys run 5 and outs, slot guys run post corners. Great play..
In that case I really like the ability to see the next Gameflow play before electing gameflow for a given play. If I don't like it, even for a playbook I created, then I go to full playbook. And being able to change the next gameflow play along a decision tree for run heavy, balanced or pass heavy playbooks is also a really nice feature, assuming I've created the playbooks.

I tried to work with gameflow for a while. Made my own playbooks, and liked in general what they were trying to do, even as a hardcore sim gamer. But I felt the implementation just wasn't quite there.

I don't know if adding these options will help, but they might, in that they give the player more control over the decision trees for plays in a given playbook and the option to go to the full control of the full playbook. I'll wait to see how it works in practice.

I got pissed when the patch killed the ability to input custom playbooks for opponents, though. That sucked, as I had put a lot of time into trying to clean up the really crappy default opponent playbooks that lacked decent AI logic behind the play selection. Way too many times, CPU teams would jam 8 in the box with no safeties back and it was just too easy to audible to a quick slant or a screen for a home run big gain, usually a TD, no matter the field position.

So, I hope the opponent playbooks are better this time AND that users can adjust those playbooks. . . especially in offline franchise, where new players and playmakers might make new playbook adjustments sensible as a team adapts over the franchise years.

# 46 statum71 @ 05/03/11 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFTejada
I don't understand why ANYONE would use game flow, Why would anyone want the CPU to dictate what plays you run? & I guess it's "faster" but I can pick plays 5-10 seconds longer then Gameflow which isn't a big deal....
You don't have to understand. Thats why they have multiple ways to play the game. Because everybody has their own way they like to play.

I happen to like GameFlow. And whenever I feel like it.......I audible. I got sick of flipping through all those plays while the clock is steading running down.

# 47 Bgamer90 @ 05/03/11 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
the menus all look kinda cheap and cheesy to me. Kind of like the Wii looks for Madden.....not very classy or "professional" as someone else said, like it was designed for kids, not adults...
Really? The menus/graphics look way better IMO.

They look more modern and clean.

# 48 Bgamer90 @ 05/03/11 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
What about the circles on the whiteboard with CORE in the middle BANTER second and third EDECT? Could that be something about an improved commentary system? Getting some banter back and forth between the commentators ala 2k instead of the random one-liners?
I thought the same when I saw that.

EDECT could be an acronym for a new commentary system...

"Event Determined & Elaborate Commentary Technology"

But yeah, I'm really hoping that they improved the game's commentary outside of just having Gus and Cris record lines together.

# 49 at23steelers @ 05/03/11 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
MLB The Show? That commentary may look good next to Madden's, but its really not that great. NBA 2k? Yea, easily the best commentary behind MLB 2k.
Sorry, I meant the game as a whole. A game with horrible commentary, can never be looked on as "great" or a game to look up to like those two series are.

# 50 bichettehappens @ 05/03/11 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Sorry, I meant the game as a whole. A game with horrible commentary, can never be looked on as "great" or a game to look up to like those two series are.
I disagree, even the most immersive and in-depth commentary gets old and repetitive, and at that point it doesn't matter if it was great to begin with or not. Play enough games with the same team and you grow tired of hearing the same stories every single game, or of hearing "Rose, with the assist this time" for the 5th time after he dishes out his 20th of the game.

Eventually the novelty wears off

# 51 K_GUN @ 05/03/11 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
the menus all look kinda cheap and cheesy to me. Kind of like the Wii looks for Madden.....not very classy or "professional" as someone else said, like it was designed for kids, not adults....but....if the franchise mode is good and the gameplay too? then they'll be fine by me!

allen iverson.....we're talking about menu's....menu's.............menu's

LOL

# 52 Philliezfinest @ 05/03/11 11:33 PM
I tried using the gameflow system in madden 11 but i did not like it dat much, it was not accurate there were some situations where the coach would call a play dat was not right for da situation at all but same time it was only da first time n im pretty sure there were improvements to it this yr so i will try it out. Da options really have me interested and curious.

# 53 ausar72 @ 05/04/11 10:11 AM
The actual footage on the screen looks as if it is 3D without the glasses. It has that blurred effect.

Most likely they will be offering a 3D option for PS3 owners?

# 54 Bee Rockwell @ 05/04/11 10:42 AM
Literally registered to float my opinion. I think they're addressing commentary.

Core is circled, that must have to do with the core aspect of commentary, like down and distance, who ran/caught the ball, and who made the tackle.

Banter is back and forth between the commentators. And let's say edec is anecdotes - don't you guys think that's pretty much exactly how real commentary is? Mostly filled with actual core commentary, some back and forth, and stories thrown in so it doesn't get stale.

# 55 adembroski @ 05/04/11 10:52 AM
Lots of over-thinking in this thread

# 56 falconfansince81 @ 05/04/11 10:53 AM
i can see what they were going for with the scoreboard in reference to CBS's

i don't know if its the font, or lack of depth in the score bar but it still feels somethings missing. as small a detail as a ticker is i think it could greatly add to the authenticity and should be reworked. whats wrong with using CBS's score ticker anyways? i don't understand why it always has to have to video game look rather than the real deal when they have licensing rights. nothin wrong with helvetica bold! its professional and legible.

# 57 gasoldierboi @ 05/04/11 12:00 PM
To me it looks like the Player is either coming back to the field or leaving the field cuz of injury. I never used game flow but bench to me looks like its refering to the player. Why because theirs time left on the clock, in the second. but aye just one guys opinion.

# 58 MrSkagTrendy @ 05/04/11 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasoldierboi
To me it looks like the Player is either coming back to the field or leaving the field cuz of injury. I never used game flow but bench to me looks like its refering to the player. Why because theirs time left on the clock, in the second. but aye just one guys opinion.
Just gonna quote myself here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
For those of you discussing what 'Bench' is, it's a play. Double twins gun formation where the outside guys run 5 and outs, slot guys run post corners. Great play..

# 59 greenegt @ 05/04/11 12:07 PM
Love that screenshot. Everything is looking slick.

# 60 kjcheezhead @ 05/04/11 12:10 PM
Never liked gameflow and have no interest in trying the improved version. I just like calling my own plays too much.

I don't know if it was patched in later, but I hope they allow people to completely turn it off online. I hated having that option pop up after every play because I'd always end up accidently hitting it at some point in the game. Usually at the most inconvient times.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.