Home
Dynasty League Baseball News Post

Operation Sports is having its first ever Greatest Team baseball bracket tournament, and you are invited! Think of it as a March Madness-style 64-team single-elimination bracket, only you値l be picking your favorite baseball Greatest Team from one of 73 selections. You値l have a chance to play live vs. other Operation Sports fans and also vs. some of the Operation Sports writers. Each game takes anywhere from 20-40 minutes, but you値l have to win to advance to the next round.

We値l be using the new DYNASTY League Baseball Online version to play the Operation Sports real-time multiplayer bracket tournament with brackets and scores all updated in real time all on Saturday May 14, 2011!!

All of the DYNASTY League Baseball Online Greatest Teams have extensively researched player ratings and actual vs. LH and vs. RH batting and pitching splits data.

The DYNASTY League Baseball Online ballparks include detailed ballpark effects in seven different outfield locations as well as ratings for foul territory, how well the ball carries and weather effects by region.

All Operation Sports Greatest Team bracket participants receive a free month of DYNASTY League Baseball Online, and the winner wins an extra free month of DYNASTY League Baseball Online!

Space is limited to 64 bracket slots so make sure to sign up today!

To sign up: Go to DYNASTY League Baseball Online -- sign up for your team and then enter the OS tournament!!

**Enter coupon code OS1 for your free month when you sign up at DYNASTYLeagueBaseball.com by May 15, 2011

Game: Dynasty League Baseball OnlineReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Mac / PCVotes for game: 12 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 MikeCieslinski @ 05/06/11 10:27 AM
The tournament starts at Noon ET on Saturday May 14. If you need to "leave" the tournament click on the "details" button in the bracket and you'll see the "leave" button. This will open up a slot for another person.

# 22 Shadymamba @ 05/07/11 04:06 PM
uuuugh looks like so much fun...dammit I wish i had the time

# 23 ELDoro @ 05/08/11 05:56 PM
How is this game in comparison with OOTP?

# 24 choadler @ 05/09/11 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDoro
How is this game in comparison with OOTP?
Really not comparable to OOTP. OOTP is a baseball universe complete with all of the different financial aspects of the game of baseball. Dynasty League is a board game converted into a an online baseball game whose sole focus is to produce accurate simulation results for the on the field action for historical teams.

Dynasty League does an outstanding job of replicating the on the field action. It is the best game of its type, that I have played.

# 25 Brandwin @ 05/14/11 10:04 AM
I don't see a place to enter the code. Do I have to subscribe first?

# 26 JamieHall @ 05/14/11 11:10 AM
Yes, you enter the code when you subscribe. The code gives you your first month free, so you will not be charged when you subscribe. And as with any subscription, you may cancel it at any time.

# 27 Brandwin @ 05/14/11 11:55 AM
I have the 1970 Twins for my first game and it's the computer.

# 28 Brandwin @ 05/14/11 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieHall
Yes, you enter the code when you subscribe. The code gives you your first month free, so you will not be charged when you subscribe. And as with any subscription, you may cancel it at any time.
Thanks
(10)

# 29 Brandwin @ 05/14/11 12:06 PM
Err... I got kicked out, it said waiting for information, but it never popped up and now it looks as if the game is already over. Twins win 4-2.

# 30 choadler @ 05/14/11 12:38 PM
This game is so frustrating sometimes. I have lost on the last at bat in 3 games out 8 so far. Annoying.

2001 Arizona (me) vs. 98 San Diego.... I am up 5-4 with 2 outs. man on first and second. Walk a batter. Pinch hitter Vander Wal up for the pitcher...Grand Slam.

# 31 MikeCieslinski @ 05/14/11 12:51 PM
If you don't arrive on time the computer manager takes over for you, but you can take over control of your team once you join the game.

# 32 MikeCieslinski @ 05/14/11 12:54 PM
The tournament is underway! Anyone can follow along live in real time to see the Operation Sports Greatest Team tournament brackets, scores and play summary being updated by logging in at DYNASTYLeagueBaseball.com

# 33 JamieHall @ 05/14/11 01:27 PM
Dookie, can you get into any game, even just a game against the computer? If you are stuck at the white waiting for info screen it is usually a connection issue. People playing either at work or on public wifi sometimes have connection issues because of port restrictions. Every once in a while a home firewall will be an issue, but rarely.

# 34 MikeCieslinski @ 05/14/11 02:06 PM
Domingo Cruz from Milwaukee, WI makes it into the Final Four with a win by his 1977 Dodgers over the 1977 Yankees. Box and Game summary at this link:

http://dynastyleaguebaseball.com/GameRecap.aspx?OrgID=15734&GameID=43b526fe4cd44f7f91fe67272e8f67d1&ReportType=1

# 35 MikeCieslinski @ 05/14/11 03:01 PM
1939 Yankees beat the 1977 Dodgers in the final to win the Operation Sports Greatest Team tournament! Box score and game summary below:

http://dynastyleaguebaseball.com/GameRecap.aspx?OrgID=15734&GameID=826bfc12adb34dbbb18fe86e004e3938&ReportType=1

Thank you to everyone who participated in the OS tournament!

# 36 Brandwin @ 05/15/11 12:19 AM
I thought we wouldn't be charged if we signed up and used the OS1 code? It showed a $14.95 charge and than a $14.95 deduction, which had my total at zero.

I checked my checking account and I was charged. Is this just a hold on my card?

# 37 MikeCieslinski @ 05/15/11 06:56 AM
If you used the OS1 coupon code and the total on the receipt is $0 you are not charged.

# 38 Brandwin @ 05/16/11 01:28 PM
For some reason I was charged. It went from pending to charged today. I'll send an email and see what the deal is.

# 39 JamieHall @ 05/16/11 11:58 PM
Dookie, send an email to [email protected] and include the email address you signed up with. We can look up the order directly with the payment provider and try to see what is going on.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.