Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/04/11 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
I can already tell that I'm going to have slider the hell out of this to get the results I want.
This is a given, every year......

About the only sports game I haven't had to spend more then a day on adjusting sliders on was NBA 2K11. I only had to change 2 things and that was it, less then 10 minutes to do.

# 42 adub88 @ 05/04/11 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Is it me or does EA only have 2 Mocap guys ? I swear those are the same 2 guys for every mocap animation in the game. It is always a tall dude and a short dude.

But anyway I just hope they rate the rosters properly for the animation to ACTUALLY happen. Like the spec catch animations of last year, you wouldn't see it unless WRs were rated extremely high in that rating in order for those animations to trigger.

Same thing with the cut block animations, unless your RB was rated high in PBF and PFS, you would never see it.

I am more for variety for animations that is for sure. I hope they mocapped different throwing animations, QB stances as well.

Man, I said the same thing in regards to the mo-cap guys. I really would like to see a blog on the mo-cap guys they use. I echo what most of everyone is saying so far about lineman not just falling on their behinds during a bullrush. There should be some kind of struggle for leverage, resulting with the OT or OG losing their balance. Sometimes they fall, but more than anything they just lose the balance, leading to a sack or disrupted play.

This is what bull rushes should look like. Right at the 1:50 mark, that's what I call, "I'm a grown *** man bull rush.
http://youtu.be/MBWUOMM6BEM

# 43 mike24forever @ 05/04/11 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
I can already tell that I'm going to have slider the hell out of this to get the results I want.
Realllllly, you can tell! From some video? You have actually played NCAA 12 to know this? What is wrong with the members at this site? For years people have complained about lack of animations and everything else under the sun, now more animations are added....and people are complaining and saying they KNOW THEY WILL NEED TO USE SLIDERS TO GET THE RESULTS HE WANTS!!!!!!

I guess it's true about what they say about bum holes....

# 44 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/04/11 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
the bull rush looks bad as well. How often do you see a lineman just get flat out pancaked like that? It better be a rare thing, yes if he's off balance he gets bull rushed but like someone else said, when they mo cap it to me it looks like the one guy is just a prop and isn't putting up a fight so the bull rush gets overexaggerated.
Well honeslty you can say that about all of their mocaps, because in every one the guy is being tackled or knocked down, he isn't putting up a fight, he is just allowing it to happen.

It would be better if they just do a 11 on 11 mocap game with some NFL players. I don't know why NCAA don't do that. To me it would make all the animations look more organic because they would be going full blast and putting up resistance.

What they are doing now is simply tackle drills and diving drills. No resistance, just get in position and drop to the ground when the guy is tackling you.

I would hate to see what their gang tackle mocap looks like. Probably just a group of people walking forward, then walking backwards, with no real struggle or resistance involved at all.

# 45 nyj721 @ 05/04/11 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Realllllly, you can tell! From some video? You have actually played NCAA 12 to know this? What is wrong with the members at this site? For years people have complained about lack of animations and everything else under the sun, now more animations are added....and people are complaining and saying they KNOW THEY WILL NEED TO USE SLIDERS TO GET THE RESULTS HE WANTS!!!!!!

I don't need to play NCAA 12 to know that EA will over do it with the bull rush. Just like the instant swim move that 3 out of the 4 d-lineman do at the same time. Also when did I complain? It seems like people have no idea what that word means, so they just throw it out whenever someone makes an observation.

# 46 PSRusse83 @ 05/04/11 06:19 PM
This is something I like. Hopefully its a shared Tech. I think the diving catches will put big plays in their place.

# 47 nyj721 @ 05/04/11 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
This is a given, every year......

About the only sports game I haven't had to spend more then a day on adjusting sliders on was NBA 2K11. I only had to change 2 things and that was it, less then 10 minutes to do.
Fight Night Champion(on GOAT), NBA 2k11 and MLB the Show are games that I enjoy out of the box.

# 48 Mr_Riddick @ 05/04/11 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever

What do they say.????

# 49 PVarck31 @ 05/04/11 06:26 PM
Am I the only one who noticed that the players seemed more grounded and the cuts were better than what we have seen?

Also, on the first pass it looked to be floated up pretty nice, not the typical frozen rope pass.

As far as the bull rushing goes, its really cool. Like others have said I hope it isn't overused.

# 50 Chowdah @ 05/04/11 06:34 PM
I have a feeling that the bull rush will be CHEESE online and does the A.I know when to dive catch. When they go towards the sideline will they know to keep both feet in or dive catch out of bounds

# 51 turftickler @ 05/04/11 06:40 PM
Why use the same motion capture "actor" for every player that will use the dive and/or catch animations? That makes absolutely no sense and I feel that I would not be getting my money's worth. I hate to keep using 2k Sports as an example, but they used multiple real players for their animations, especially for star players.

Why do I feel like this year will be no different than last year's NCAA 11 and Madden NFL 11. All the graphical and presentational upgrades are great, but I have watched all of the videos and I see lots of problems. Some of the problems were fixed, while new ones were added.

# 52 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/04/11 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Am I the only one who noticed that the players seemed more grounded and the cuts were better than what we have seen?

Also, on the first pass it looked to be floated up pretty nice, not the typical frozen rope pass.

As far as the bull rushing goes, its really cool. Like others have said I hope it isn't overused.
Yeah the WR did seem to have to come to almost a complete stop before he turned in during those in and out routes. Which is a good thing IMO, hopefully they did the same thing on slant routes.

And the DE did seem to be running a lot slower too, compared to last year when from snap they would bolt a little bit too fast.

I wonder if they used the same running animation technology that madden 11 used. Because for those who played both games, the spin, juke moves animations on Madden 11 was totally different then NCAA 11.

# 53 jagsrock95 @ 05/04/11 07:47 PM
Yeah I didn't really see any "skating" in this video and those cuts did look pretty good too. oh and the grass continues to amaze me every time I see it =P

# 54 Hova57 @ 05/04/11 07:48 PM
Exactly why does it matter who does the motion capture shoots. I can understand if we're lookin for a specific animation that particular player does. It doesn't make sense to me.

# 55 Mr_Riddick @ 05/04/11 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Exactly why does it matter who does the motion capture shoots. I can understand if we're lookin for a specific animation that particular player does. It doesn't make sense to me.
It matters bc we want this game depicted realistically. From the looks of the the mocap vids past and present, these guys don't even look like athletes let alone football players. And that is where I think the problem lies.

# 56 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/04/11 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
That bullrush animation is crap. Straight up. It almost never happens that way, especially from a defender coming from right over the line a yard away.

The line interaction in this game is so bad. It's laughable. Really. All this praise for that horrendous animation. OS never disappoints.
Well I wouldn't say it is Horrendous bro. But I thought about it as I watched a few times. That I remember they are just showing off the bullrush right now. I'm sure the olineman ain't going to bowl over like that in the game. This is just mainly showing off the animation in the game. I'm sure they will sooner or later show off the olineman trying to block the bullrush. It's better to wait and see a full gameplay video before jumping the gun on this new animation they add onto the Dline and all.

# 57 TDenverFan @ 05/04/11 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Well I wouldn't say it is Horrendous bro. But I thought about it as I watched a few times. That I remember they are just showing off the bullrush right now. I'm sure the olineman ain't going to bowl over like that in the game. This is just mainly showing off the animation in the game. I'm sure they will sooner or later show off the olineman trying to block the bullrush. It's better to wait and see a full gameplay video before jumping the gun on this new animation they add onto the Dline and all.
That was my thought exactly... Who wants to watch a failed bull-rush animation a dozen times?

# 58 illwill10 @ 05/04/11 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
It was probably shown on Freshman difficulty like the Hillis video. They most likely boosted the DLine rating and decrezsed the oline rating.

# 59 canes21 @ 05/04/11 08:26 PM
These videos are meant to show off the animations smoothly, so we're going to see the defensive lineman dominate and the WR's have great athleticism and hands. Like will said, the Hillis video was just like this. They aren't going to show the animations failing or the average play when showing the game off.

And watching it again and just focusing on WR routes and coverage, it looks very very good.

# 60 illwill10 @ 05/04/11 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
These videos are meant to show off the animations smoothly, so we're going to see the defensive lineman dominate and the WR's have great athleticism and hands. Like will said, the Hillis video was just like this. They aren't going to show the animations failing or the average play when showing the game off.

And watching it again and just focusing on WR routes and coverage, it looks very very good.
agreed.
To hardcore fans it is a great animations, but it may seem to see abused and over done.
To casual fans they would be sold.
They are trying to sway the casual into being sold and trying to assure hardcore that "we are listening".
So I doubt it would have 5+ times a game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.