Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 =Tac= @ 05/04/11 09:43 PM
Would be awesome too seeing a DT pushing their guy backwards and grabbing the qb on the way by

# 62 Pokes404 @ 05/04/11 10:22 PM
I like the move, but let the offensive player stay on their feet most of the time. Sure, he's going to get driven back into the backfield, but at least he still has a chance to make a play. Please, please don't tell me that every successful bull rush is going to flatten the blocker. When we complain about "scripted" outcomes and a lack of organic gameplay, this is what we're talking about. Just let the guy stay on his feet most of the time and this will be a nice addition.

As for the diving catches, pretty much the same thing. As long as they don't happen too often or result in a catch the majority of the time, I'd rather have stretch/diving catch attempts over warping players any day. EA's walking dangerous ground here. I can easily see either one of these things being overpowered. However, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until we see actual gameplay videos.

# 63 Catamount53 @ 05/04/11 10:34 PM
I hope they have the DL driving the OL back also, but anyway this "bull rush" animation reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1k_1GukEwo .

# 64 mdurd2817 @ 05/04/11 10:44 PM

As a poster mentioned earlier in this thread the DL bowling over OL was in last gen and it was the #1 gameplay killer for me. Only time I have ever seriously gotten mad with results in a video game.

It bugs me that they this is one of the major animations that they are advertising. A DL instantly pancaking an OL is so rare that I think they would be better off living the animation out of the game. The only time I've seen it happen real life is when a DL jumps offsides and the lineman has come out of his stance.

I see some think they are just showing the new animation and that it won't appear often... I'll just say it happened A LOT in last gen.

# 65 illwill10 @ 05/04/11 11:58 PM
Hopefully there is a improved speed rush because no suction blocking. With Suction blocking as soon as your DE gets close to the OT you would get sucked in a block, so speed rushing was almost impossivle unless OT completely skipped you.

# 66 sparkdawg777 @ 05/05/11 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koach Vonner
Ok. I usually try my best not to bash because I understand that making a video game can be difficult. However, that looks horrible. EA is too cheap to hire a REAL NFL WR to do the mo-cap? Hell get a bench warmer from the NFL. Anybody besides those guys. Keep running and catch the ball in stride. The jump in the air dive is horrible. Lol.

A Bull rush gets an Olineman on his heels. It doesn't mean you str8 punk his big butt. Lol. They had the bull rush putting the Olineman on his butt. That crap better never happen to my All-American guard or tackle. If it does I will be hot!!! Hell I'd rather my guy get beat on a speed rush (this can happen to the best NFL or College Lineman) but not str8 run over.

Alright guys we need to stop jumping to conclusions, please go read what the guys at TheGamingTailgate are saying. They tested the game for like 30 hours and said they never saw this bull rush animation. So let's wait and see maybe this is just an animation that is in the game that is very rare, which it is, very rare.

# 67 4solo @ 05/05/11 01:09 AM
All I have to say after seeing these multiple clips where EA has shown the mo-cap, is that EA needs to do better in this area. Every one that I have seen is just completely staged. EA is going to have to get mo-cap of people actually competing. Put a QB back there and mo cap a one on one pass rush drill and let them have at it. Hell you could do this five times and have some great animations for the game. Also get better people to mo-cap. You could get some HS players to give you better looking animations than that. Hell I 'll do some and I haven't played in 11 years. WR's can't be diving on pads! Put a DB on him and throw it out there for him to get it. IT has to be real football SITUATIONS to produce a more fluid game. No wonder we have so many WTF animations in the game.

# 68 ActLikeYouCrow @ 05/05/11 01:37 AM
wearing pads and diving on a pad. does ea not provide health coverage? i dont think the wr animations are that bad, but they could be a lot better. the bull rush animation is terrible. im in agreement that they need to hire better mocap actors and have them actually compete. that could lead to realistic animations like the olineman being beaten badly and holding the defender to prevent a sack.

thegamingtailgate guys saying it doesnt happen is reassuring.

# 69 khaliib @ 05/05/11 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Alright guys we need to stop jumping to conclusions, please go read what the guys at TheGamingTailgate are saying. They tested the game for like 30 hours and said they never saw this bull rush animation. So let's wait and see maybe this is just an animation that is in the game that is very rare, which it is, very rare.
Guys that tested the game said that the Passing Offense wouldn't be overpowering in '09, and it was with any over the middle route.

Guys that tested the game said that Man coverage wouldn't be overpowering in '10, and it was with DB route mirror.

Guys that tested the game said that the Option worked as advertised in '11, and it didn't.

Can't ask folks to ignore 3 years of testers saying one thing, only to buy the game and see something different.

To be honest, I would say nice things also, if that meant they might invite me to play the game before release again.

# 70 4solo @ 05/05/11 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
wearing pads and diving on a pad. does ea not provide health coverage? i dont think the wr animations are that bad, but they could be a lot better. the bull rush animation is terrible. im in agreement that they need to hire better mocap actors and have them actually compete. that could lead to realistic animations like the olineman being beaten badly and holding the defender to prevent a sack.

thegamingtailgate guys saying it doesnt happen is reassuring.
Yea I agree that the WR animations aren't that bad but if you look at the mo-cap, since the guy knows that he is supposed to dive for the ball he jumps up to dive. But IRL life you would n't really jump up to dive b/c you would be running full speed you would just be leaving your feet and stretch out to get full extension, letting your momentum carry you to the ball to catch it.

# 71 Aggies7 @ 05/05/11 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Idk about this... How often does a complete knock down bull rush happen in real life?
It happened more than you think but a lot of time when the offensive linemen falls they end up falling backwards and the defensive linemen falls over them. If the add both animations that I stated and use the defensive linemen tripping over the guy he just bull rushed more often then just a bullrush and free shot at Quarterback this may be implemented very well.

# 72 carnalnirvana @ 05/05/11 02:49 AM
like some guys said earlier, when that bull rush happens to three lineman in the same play, the pitch forks will come out and the villagers will riot.

forgive me, i still remember the insta swims from last year that happened to 3 of my guys AT THE SAME TIME to express higher difficulty.

and to those who say its a highligh vid, bull rush highlights should be linemen getting pushed back into RB's/QB's guys reaching out of a bull rush to make a tackle while collapsing the pocket with a rare insta punked or two thrown in.....

# 73 Aggies7 @ 05/05/11 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
like some guys said earlier, when that bull rush happens to three lineman in the same play, the pitch forks will come out and the villagers will riot.

forgive me, i still remember the insta swims from last year that happened to 3 of my guys AT THE SAME TIME to express higher difficulty.

and to those who say its a highligh vid, bull rush highlights should be linemen getting pushed back into RB's/QB's guys reaching out of a bull rush to make a tackle while collapsing the pocket with a rare insta punked or two thrown in.....
Haha well if you had a middle screen on it should've worked to perfection when all three got in. Just kidding but I know what you mean.

# 74 mrmass413 @ 05/05/11 07:11 AM
i honestly like the bull rush it would be nice to see the ol man grab the dl man and drag him down or hold a leg or somthing to save the qb. i have seen that happen more than a few times but i agree i hope it doesnt happen often

# 75 Illustrator76 @ 05/05/11 07:39 AM
I am sorry, but I do not like this new Bull Rush animation at all. I am not sure what EA's obsession with Linemen constantly falling to the ground in their football games is. In NCAA 11, it was the Offensive Linemen instantly "pancaking" the Defensive Linemen at the line of scrimmage when you attempted a pass rush move. Now we have the opposite in Defensive Linemen just bowling over Offensive Linemen with Bull Rushes?!?! If this particular Bull Rush animation is a RARE occurrence, then I have no issues with it, but if this is THE one and only Bull Rush animation, then I am highly disappointed.

You simply do not see Linemen falling to the ground and consistently being dominated with Bull Rush moves like this. As others have stated, a Bull Rushing Lineman should be pushing the pocket and generally have his hands under the Offensive Lineman's face mask, or on his outside shoulders pushing the O-Lineman backwards in to the RB/QB. That's what I see most of the time when I see a good Bull Rush. I like that EA adds new things like this to their games, I just wish they wouldn't be so over the top/unrealistic with them. It's almost like they saw one clip of Marcel Dareus or Nick Fairley do this last season and then said: "Let's make this a regular occurrence in NCAA 12".

Again, I am glad that line play is getting attention in NCAA 12, but it needs to be in a much more realistic manner. We need to see DE's running a proper arc to the QB, while using REALISTIC pass rush moves (e.g. spins, rip moves, speed rush, etc...). We need to see 4-3 DE's try to get AROUND the O-Linemen to the QB, instead of looking to engage Linemen and then break free with the same "dip move" we have seen for years (3-4 Linemen, who are essentially DT's, look to occupy blockers, not 4-3 ends).

As I said before, if this Bull Rush animation is rare, then I guess I am fine with it, but if not, then color me very concerned. Line play in BOTH EA football titles needs some serious attention, and while this may be a step in that direction, I am not sure it is the right step.

A perfect example of a great Bull Rush, I didn't see one Lineman instantly knocked to the ground in this video:

# 76 roadman @ 05/05/11 08:34 AM
Well, I'll wait for game footage and the demo before I comment one way or the other on this issue.

If that bull rush animation happens a lot, then it's a big concern. If it happens on a rare occasion similar to college or pro football, not a big deal.

I'm hoping those were 3 over powering DL vs weak OL.

Here's a bull rush from Suh. Reggie White use to knock people down on bull rushes on occasion too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-cYj...eature=related

# 77 Illustrator76 @ 05/05/11 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well, I'll wait for game footage and the demo before I comment one way or the other on this issue.

If that bull rush animation happens a lot, then it's a big concern. If it happens on a rare occasion similar to college or pro football, not a big deal.

I'm hoping those were 3 over powering DL vs weak OL.

Here's a bull rush from Suh. Reggie White use to knock people down on bull rushes on occasion too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-cYj...eature=related
Oh, I am very familiar with that Suh guy, lol . I agree that the Bull Rush knockdown happens, but just not that often. Even in that video, Suh ended up falling down as well, he didn't just truck and move on. My concern is that this is the ONLY Bull Rush animation in NCAA 12, which would be a huge issue IMHO. I just don't want the exception to become the norm with things like this, because that has kind of been the EA way lately.

# 78 roadman @ 05/05/11 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Oh, I am very familiar with that Suh guy, lol . I agree that the Bull Rush knockdown happens, but just not that often. Even in that video, Suh ended up falling down as well, he didn't just truck and move on. My concern is that this is the ONLY Bull Rush animation in NCAA 12, which would be a huge issue IMHO. I just don't want the exception to become the norm with things like this, because that has kind of been the EA way lately.
Not a word I disagree with it.

I think people are forgetting the 1st videos shown for NCAA and NFL. I saw a great bull rush to the QB on both NCAA and NFL, so, I saw video evidence it's not the only bull rush.

People tend to have short memory spans from a week to two weeks ago.

I'm thinking this was a video just to highlight the bull rush vs the norm, but I could be wrong.

It's the same reaction when Madden released a video showcasing Hillis breaking tackles. People assumed this was going to happen in the released game.

First 20 seconds or so of video, Brees throwing a pass and being bull rushed by #71 of the Falcons on the left side of the screen.

http://www.ea.com/videos/157a5c246ec...001165140aRCRD

# 79 PSRusse83 @ 05/05/11 08:53 AM
Dive catches great. But are there going to be any stretch for the ball missed it completely lost balance and fall over type of catches? Because there should be.

# 80 2krunk4u @ 05/05/11 10:04 AM
it's funny because the mo-cap guys are actually dropping the passes, but the animation translates into the game as a catch.

Maybe they'll put dropped dive catches in too?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.