Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 carnalnirvana @ 05/05/11 10:09 AM
its not the animation that scares me, its the thought that this is what success looks like, in the vid where the DE punks the OL the DT next to him is in a bull rush thats going nowhere, the madden clip mentioned with brees the DT is going nowhere, spinning in place and struggling with an OL not remotely threatening.....

and this goes back to a discussion in another thread, where the guard play is somethat wonky, guards dont steer the DT's/blitzers they try to hold their ground too much, we had this problem 3 yrs ago when Tackles didnt move to stop DE outside rushes, then they let the tackles get mobile, now its time to let the guards steer guys off to the side so the QB can step up....

with edits the 12 games will get alot of playing time this year....

# 82 roadman @ 05/05/11 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
the madden clip mentioned with brees the DT is going nowhere,
Then, I guess you see what you see. Many other respected posters on the Madden side feel that is a bull rush. It's not just before Brees makes the pass, it's after Brees has the ball in the air. The DL continues pushing the OL back into the backfield.

Isn't that considered a bull rush?

# 83 booker21 @ 05/05/11 10:37 AM
nobody dive catch like that in a real game. Just horrible dive catching animations.

The bull rush will be unrealistic. I bet 70ovr DL will bull rush your 90ovr OL on heisman.

# 84 noplace @ 05/05/11 10:39 AM
My only problem with this is EA’s inability to implement anything without it being extremely flawed. It normally means it will become the glitch or cheese of the game. Hope this doesn’t mean Users can do this every play to any OL in the game regardless of rating. I can see this becoming excessive & repetitive. This bull rush with the OL falling down hardly ever happens so let’s hope EA knows this.

# 85 booker21 @ 05/05/11 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
I hope they have the DL driving the OL back also, but anyway this "bull rush" animation reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1k_1GukEwo .
how many times do you see that in a football game? 1?

remember this.. in NCAA/Madden this animation will be a common as swing move.

# 86 Catamount53 @ 05/05/11 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
how many times do you see that in a football game? 1?

remember this.. in NCAA/Madden this animation will be a common as swing move.
I never said that I liked the animation. The fact that I can remember that play specifically shows how rare that is in real life.

They should have the DL pushing the OL back not just running him over like that.

# 87 spankdatazz22 @ 05/05/11 11:10 AM
The Good: Players look much more tethered to the ground than in the Zone video. Grass looks great.

The Bad: No variety to the bull-rush animation. As others have said, it's very rare you see a lineman put on his back that easily. Let alone the touch-and-he-falls-down way they're depicting it in the video.

This is part of where they're missing the boat on bringing so much more depth to the gameplay. If the player interaction was where it needs to be, you could have a dominant DL that needs double-teamed/commands additional attention and requires some effort be made on the offensive side of the ball. Which would boost the need recruit more wisely on both sides of the ball, place more emphasis on star players versus run-in-the-mill players, etc. Could just elevate the strategic element of the games so much more by making common sense improvements. It's really sad exclusivity has stagnated videogame football development to the point it has.

# 88 carnalnirvana @ 05/05/11 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Then, I guess you see what you see. Many other respected posters on the Madden side feel that is a bull rush. It's not just before Brees makes the pass, it's after Brees has the ball in the air. The DL continues pushing the OL back into the backfield.

Isn't that considered a bull rush?
there is no right or wrong on this, its just a difference in opinions, and also different people are able to forgive different flaws/shortcomings in this game. i feel that the OL/DL play is cosmetic and not threatening in how it plays out, when i see the insta swim its time to scramble/check it down and now when my guy gets ran over same thing.

same for the WR/DB animations when the WR is doing those shimmy's/cuts not once have i seen a DB get faked or lose his balance or bite the hitch&go, its cosmetic.

not to mention any activity after the ball is out between the OL/DL is pointless/a penalty/a fight

it just too" tango like" (the dance) at the moment and these critisms are not aimed at EA or their efforts.

# 89 roadman @ 05/05/11 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
there is no right or wrong on this, its just a difference in opinions, and also different people are able to forgive different flaws/shortcomings in this game. i feel that the OL/DL play is cosmetic and not threatening in how it plays out, when i see the insta swim its time to scramble/check it down and now when my guy gets ran over same thing.

same for the WR/DB animations when the WR is doing those shimmy's/cuts not once have i seen a DB get faked or lose his balance or bite the hitch&go, its cosmetic.

not to mention any activity after the ball is out between the OL/DL is pointless/a penalty/a fight

it just too" tango like" (the dance) at the moment and these critisms are not aimed at EA or their efforts.
Understood, it's hard to tell even when slowed down for me.

Plus, I didn't mean the respected posters on the Madden side were more forgiving, these are hard core NFL fans that haven't purchased Madden in a long time.

Like you said, there is no right or wrong. To me, that was a bull rush, to others it's the same tango dance.

Actually, upon further notice, at the 47 sec mark Jared Allen is seen bull rushing the Lions LT to the outside and putting his arm up. Not the bull rush we saw in the NCAA video.

# 90 OSUFANOKC @ 05/05/11 11:44 AM
This is just another lackluster addition to gameplay. If the EA devs are true football fans as they claim to be, then I'd like to know how they came up with this bullrushing animation. Bullrushes usually are nothing more than a DL driving the OL deep off of the ball causing major disruption in the backfield in pass or run plays alike. Domination from a bullrush isn't all that common anyway, maybe once or twice every 50+ snaps. Even more rare, is an OL being put on his butt. This happens maybe once every 500+ snaps. I would just like know why EA didn't just have two guys going at each other full speed while using proper techniques, i.e. swim, spin, bullrush, etc. for the MoCap. If so, I think I'd have a much more positive outlook at this addition to the game. JMHO.

# 91 sportyguyfl31 @ 05/05/11 12:04 PM
I like it.

could this be the year I can finally control a dominant defensive linman and cause big time problems, if im not accounted for?

# 92 Palo20 @ 05/05/11 12:09 PM
I don't like the bull rush animations. How often does an OLineman get pancaked? Not often.

The bull rush should simply be the defender pushing the OLineman into the pocket. Then as he gets closer to the QB, the defender is able to get around him. I don't want to see OLinemen getting pancaked every play.

# 93 Palo20 @ 05/05/11 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I like it.

could this be the year I can finally control a dominant defensive linman and cause big time problems, if im not accounted for?
What option does the offense have to "account" for you? We can't manipulate double teams on passing plays and double teams on running plays are scheme based.

The offense needs better options on how to schematically block the best defensive players.

# 94 RynoAid @ 05/05/11 12:24 PM
I've spent 100+ hours with the game and the dive catch is sweet... especially when you trigger it yourself when switching to the WR. They definitely don't catch all of them, in fact they drop them at a much higher rate than normal catch attempts.

it's so much fun laying out for a ball you thought you might not get to and making that spectacular catch.

# 95 roadman @ 05/05/11 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
I've spent 100+ hours with the game and the dive catch is sweet... especially when you trigger it yourself when switching to the WR. They definitely don't catch all of them, in fact they drop them at a much higher rate than normal catch attempts.

it's so much fun laying out for a ball you thought you might not get to and making that spectacular catch.
What about the bull rushes? Did you see them like this video? Thanks.

# 96 NDAlum @ 05/05/11 12:31 PM
I like what I'm seeing.

# 97 RynoAid @ 05/05/11 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
What about the bull rushes? Did you see them like this video? Thanks.
the bull rushes were not prominent in the builds i played. Like the TGT guys said, not sure if they were even there yet, or if we just weren't triggering them properly. I can't really give an opinion because it's not something i focused on or was told to focus on.

# 98 roadman @ 05/05/11 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
the bull rushes were not prominent in the builds i played. Like the TGT guys said, not sure if they were even there yet, or if we just weren't triggering them properly. I can't really give an opinion because it's not something i focused on or was told to focus on.
Thanks.

Is it something you can look into and see if they can tweak or fix before going gold?

Thanks.

# 99 khaliib @ 05/05/11 12:37 PM
The truth is that the PR side for this series has been very poor since transitioning to Next-Gen.

It use to be a videos would get you pumped back when we had several Football game makers.
We wanted to see the "Goods" as we prepared for another football season months in before the season started. (College or Pro's)

Now, it's like, "what are they trying pull now"?

The problem is not EA's effort for this series.
The problem is the "Involvement" for this series.

Involement with the communities has become nothing more than a Punch-line.

Were are they at?
This is there Tuning/Tweaking phase and the community has "Major" concerns about the game their about to release.

Who cares about Marketing Timelines?
The OS community is not the only one rumbling with concern about the information/vid's that have been released thus far.
The concern/complaint threads are on every gaming site. (Even EA's)

What about last years issues?
No scrambling QB's
DB mirror route
LB super jump knocking passes down meant to be caught 10 yrds past them
P/K blocking OL
Ratings effecting gameplay different then how established/defined

The list goes on and on.

Just simply rolling out what "You've" decided to put into the game, is not involvement.
I can't find one thread were the community asked for their OL to knocked down during a "???".
(It's an insult to football fans to call this animation a Bullrush)

Again, it's not their Effort, it's their Involvement!

I remember Ian Cummings said they injected something into the game and when they showed pre-release vids, the community made their displeasure known.
So instead they just scrapped the injection. (Involvment)

Where are they at?
We don't need game information rolled out.
We need to have some serious discussion!!!

# 100 RynoAid @ 05/05/11 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
The truth is that the PR side for this series has been very poor since transitioning to Next-Gen.

It use to be a videos would get you pumped back when we had several Football game makers.
We wanted to see the "Goods" as we prepared for another football season months in before the season started. (College or Pro's)

Now, it's like, "what are they trying pull now"?

The problem is not EA's effort for this series.
The problem is the "Involvement" for this series.

Involement with the communities has become nothing more than a Punch-line.

Were are they at?
This is there Tuning/Tweaking phase and the community has "Major" concerns about the game their about to release.

Who cares about Marketing Timelines?
The OS community is not the only one rumbling with concern about the information/vid's that have been released thus far.
The concern/complaint threads are on every gaming site. (Even EA's)

What about last years issues?
No scrambling QB's
DB mirror route
LB super jump knocking passes down meant to be caught 10 yrds past them
P/K blocking OL
Ratings effecting gameplay different then how established/defined

The list goes on and on.

Just simply rolling out what "You've" decided to put into the game, is not involvement.
I can't find one thread were the community asked for their OL to knocked down during a "???".
(It's an insult to football fans to call this animation a Bullrush)

Again, it's not their Effort, it's their Involvement!

I remember Ian Cummings said they injected something into the game and when they showed pre-release vids, the community made their displeasure known.
So instead they just scrapped the injection. (Involvment)

Where are they at?
We don't need game information rolled out.
We need to have some serious discussion!!!
I think they've shown that they are serious about discussion. Having 20+ hardcore guys in over 5 different 4 day sessions, starting as early as January, to work with them on features, bugs, enhancements and direction of the game is FAR more than most companies attempt. Just because the discussions have not happened with you personally doesn't mean they have not happened.

In fact, i think they have been real open to implementing the features the community wants most. The surveys and TGT March Madness tourneys have directly driven the enhancements the last couple of years.

I understand you have concerns, and voicing them is great.. because EA does read and absorb the communities feedback.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.