Home
iOOTP 2011 News Post

Check out some more screenshots, right here.

Out of the Park Developments is proud to announce the release of iOOTP Baseball 2011, an exciting new iOS game for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad that puts players in control of a major league baseball team. It's driven by OOTP's Out of the Park Baseball engine, which has provided stunningly realistic baseball simulations on PC, Mac, and Linux for over a decade. In addition, it's the only game of its kind currently available at the App Store.

Touch Arcade had this to say about iOOTP in a preview: "Simulation fans that dig the MLB really shouldn’t miss out on iOOTP — it’s a sharp game with a snappy and native-feeling interface, full of the kind of complexity you’d expect."

Available now at Apple's iOS App Store for just US$4.99, iOOTP Baseball 2011 offers many of the same features as its big brother, including:
  • Complete major league rosters with real players and teams. Will the San Francisco Giants, led by Tim "The Freak" Lincecum and a "Fear the Beard" cast, be able to defend their championship? Can Jayson Werth and Stephen Strasburg lift the Washington Nationals out of the basement? Will the Texas Rangers be able to prove their 2010 championship series berth wasn't a fluke, despite Cliff Lee's departure? Can the Philadelphia Phillies' "Fab Four" starting pitchers lead them to the playoffs again?
  • Three game modes: Major Leagues, which lets players guide their favorite major league team through the 2011 season and beyond; Fictional, which serves up a fresh world full of fictional players, providing a unique challenge each time; and Historical, which offers three exciting past seasons to recreate -- 1923, 1965, and 2004 -- with the opportunity to buy more in-game via a future update.
  • Managerial options that enable players to set lineups, pitching rotations, and depth charts before taking the field to make in-game calls, including when to issue hit-and-run and steal signs, how to configure the defense, when to pull pitchers and put in pinch-hitters, and more. Players can also let the computer handle those decisions and set a series of sliders that dictate overall strategies, such as aggressiveness on the base paths, how often to pitch around batters, and more. They can simulate their season a day or a week at a time, jumping back in to manage games whenever they want.
  • A play-by-play text stream that describes what's happening on the field during the game, making it feel like a radio broadcast.
  • An in-depth financial system that allows players to unleash their inner GM. Are they "Moneyball" disciples, looking for undervalued players who help the team win while keeping payroll low, or are they free-wheeling spenders seeking high-profile free agents? Players oversee trades, negotiate contract extensions, sign free agents, draft players, cultivate minor league prospects, move players between the active roster, minor league roster and disabled list, and more.
"iOOTP Baseball 2011 is perfect for baseball lovers who want to get in a few simulated games on the go," said lead developer and lifelong baseball fan Markus Heinsohn. "No matter where you are, you can pull out your iOS device and enjoy some baseball action. You could even simulate a real game while sitting in the stands. Maybe you could give the team's manager a few tips."

iOOTP Baseball 2011 is available now in Apple's iOS App Store for $4.99. It requires an iPhone 3GS, a third-generation iPod touch, or a first-generation iPad or better. It will run on an iPhone 3G or a second-generation iPod touch, but the experience won't be optimal.

OOTP Developments is also close to shipping Out of the Park Baseball 12, which runs on PC, Mac, and Linux. OOTP 12 is available now for pre-order for $29.99 and will be $39.99 when it's released. Pre-orders and further information can be found at http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/ootp12/. OOTP 12 is expected to be available at Apple's recently-launched Mac App Store, among other outlets.

About Out of the Park Developments

Out of the Park Developments is the developer of the award-winning OOTP series of baseball management simulations, Title Bout Championship Boxing, and Inside the Park Baseball, a role-playing game. German-based OOTP Developments was founded by Markus Heinsohn and Andreas Raht in 1999 and employs two people full-time and three part-time. OOTP Developments has consistently produced games that have met with critical acclaim, including winning Metacritic's coveted "Game of the Year" for the 2007 edition of OOTP. Further information on the company and its games is available from the OOTP Developments website, http://www.ootpdevelopments.com

iOOTP 2011 screenshot gallery - Click to view iOOTP 2011 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: iOOTP 2011Reader Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhoneVotes for game: 1 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 TheRock88 @ 05/05/11 01:55 PM
Got it to work. Thanks a lot Dookie!

# 22 Brandwin @ 05/05/11 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
How does the Minor League goes? Does the game have AAA, AA, A?
It just has minors. No AAA, AA etc...

Rangers seem to have their top prospects.

The rosters are opening day. So for the Rangers guys like Brandon Webb are on the DL. Rosters are not perfect, but what game gets them perfect? I will say lineups are out of whack, but nothing major.

# 23 Greene_Flash03 @ 05/05/11 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
It just has minors. No AAA, AA etc...

Rangers seem to have their top prospects.

The rosters are opening day. So for the Rangers guys like Brandon Webb are on the DL. Rosters are not perfect, but what game gets them perfect? I will say lineups are out of whack, but nothing major.
Thanks!

So I'm assuming there is no player options, rule 5, etc? Also, I don't think you can edit minor league player names, can you?

# 24 longranger @ 05/05/11 04:26 PM
Excellent version of this game. Very nice for portable players. Have been playing ootp baseball for years, so it was easy for me to pick up and play.
I wish I could edit players ability though cause the Tribe isn't very good

# 25 Chrisksaint @ 05/05/11 05:36 PM
Great game so far, my only complain unless I just need to mess with the setting more is the lack of control in pitching besides throw outs,etc and trying to pitch around.

# 26 Brandwin @ 05/05/11 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Thanks!

So I'm assuming there is no player options, rule 5, etc? Also, I don't think you can edit minor league player names, can you?
Not sure if it's that deep.

Head over to the OOTP development forums. They are willing to answer any question.

# 27 jeffy777 @ 05/05/11 09:04 PM
This game is awesome.

# 28 DetroitStyle @ 05/06/11 01:39 AM
Picked this up today...well worth it. Wish list: Be able to transfer saved seasons from iPhone to computer!

# 29 palli @ 05/06/11 07:05 AM
It is great to see people have fun with iOOTP. We will open up a "suggestion" section on our board today. People already have so many great ideas to further improve the game that we need a place to share them.

# 30 ExtremeGamer @ 05/06/11 08:37 AM
I'm totally addicted to this game. My Indians are stinking up the diamond, but I hope to turn them around soon. LOL

# 31 Aggies7 @ 05/06/11 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I'm totally addicted to this game. My Indians are stinking up the diamond, but I hope to turn them around soon. LOL
Yea I can't put this game down either.

# 32 sportdan30 @ 05/06/11 11:55 AM
What's the eta on the iPad version?

Am I correct that if I purchase the iTouch version and play it on the iPad, that my upgrade will be free when the iPad version is finally released? Meaning, I won't have to put any money towards the iPad version?

Thanks!

# 33 Brandwin @ 05/06/11 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30

Am I correct that if I purchase the iTouch version and play it on the iPad, that my upgrade will be free when the iPad version is finally released? Meaning, I won't have to put any money towards the iPad version?

Thanks!
You are correct. No extra cost.

# 34 sportdan30 @ 05/06/11 12:55 PM
Nice. Thank you!

# 35 jeffy777 @ 05/06/11 01:26 PM
I'm addicted to this as well. I'm playing on the iPad, so I can't wait for a universal update. Keep up the good work, palli!

# 36 ChubbyBanana @ 05/06/11 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Did you finally break down and get an iPhone?
No. I'm playing on my Touch.

Iphone won't be coming for me at least until Iphone 5. I just don't have an upgrade until then.

# 37 sportdan30 @ 05/07/11 10:38 AM
Do you guys play through an actual game or do you mostly sim them? This is my first time playing this sort of game, and I'm trying to get used to the "game play".

# 38 EnigmaNemesis @ 05/07/11 02:49 PM
Got the logos...

Does anyone know if there is any plans for stadium shots to be put in, in the same manner?

# 39 sportdan30 @ 05/07/11 04:33 PM
Is there any sound in this game? Was hoping this game would at least show some game play similar to the old micro league baseball game.

# 40 palli @ 05/07/11 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30

Thanks!
The iPad (Universal App) update will not be one of the first two updates (which will be released as soon as possible) as it will take some time to work it out. But you are correct that it will be a free update, so you can buy iOOTP now and play on your iPad and receive the Universal-App update completely free.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.