Home
Madden 12 News Post

G4TV has posted a new preview for Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
"For as long as the Madden series has been around, it’s come to the point where “new year, new roster” jokes just aren’t funny anymore. EA has rolled with those jabs and proved its worth with meaningful improvements and results, most notably with the last couple Maddens. So it’s a bit of a surprise that this year my obligatory introductory question of, “So, what’s new?” gave way to me asking, “So, what took you so long to add these features?” During an hour-long demo session with EA’s latest, Madden NFL 12, so much was focused on improvements and overhauls that I wondered where EA found the time to implement all these elements in one game. I suppose that’s what happens with prolonged experience with the current consoles’ dev tools.

For the full article, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Armor and Sword @ 05/05/11 05:29 PM
Nice!

I am really digging the new camera work they are putting in. So far I love what I am seeing. I can't wait to play this game and feel the improvements with tackling. The grass also looks majestic.

May 16th!!!! That will be a huge day!

# 2 LorenzoDC @ 05/05/11 05:31 PM
Interesting article, though the write up says rating plays in Gameflow is new. But it's not.

That said, there's some interesting informational nuggets in there and in the videos.

# 3 PSRusse83 @ 05/05/11 09:43 PM
Progressive lighting is something that I think is so awesome in video games.I hope they get the start times of playoff games right this year also.

# 4 PSRusse83 @ 05/05/11 10:51 PM
I wonder if they have added any football jargon to the commentary I dont just want everything i see on Sundays I want to hear it as well.

# 5 acreyman @ 05/05/11 10:55 PM
OK yes gameplay is important, but so is presentation and depth. I am very excited to see they have done so much with the presentation aspect of the game. Now the wait for the Franchise mode details.......the gameplay looks like it is going to be better, this looks to be shaping up as the best football game ever made. NCAA 2012 is is looking to be the same, dunno about all the camera work and what not with that game but they both are looking great.

# 6 B-Lo-Z-Ro @ 05/06/11 12:06 AM
hope they redesign the player models, look at peytons head how small it is & pads are too big etc along with helmets.. they look crazy now

# 7 Brandon_c993 @ 05/06/11 12:30 AM
I've been gone from OS for quite some time and after hearing about some of the new features for this year's Madden, i may finally get back into Sports games! Feels good to be back though, this is the best place for sports game news that's for sure!

# 8 thrust @ 05/06/11 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Lo-Z-Ro
hope they redesign the player models, look at peytons head how small it is & pads are too big etc along with helmets.. they look crazy now
What? I thought they looked a whole lot more realistic than previous years. I gotta go see what ur talking about, Willis!

# 9 statum71 @ 05/06/11 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSRusse83
I wonder if they have added any football jargon to the commentary I dont just want everything i see on Sundays I want to hear it as well.
Agree.

But I believe its gonna be good. the way Madden is shaping up THIS year........I have a feeling the silence is a good thing concerning commentary.

# 10 statum71 @ 05/06/11 12:57 AM
Boy we must be really in tune here at OS.

If you scroll down and read the comments there on G4 you can tell those guys don't know ANYTHING about whats been said so far about Madden.

"They didn't improve game modes"
"EA works on better lookin grass, no gameplay"
"who cares about cameras"
"I'd freak out if franchise isn't untouched"
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Duhh.....May 16.....next blog. Is the G4 community 14 year olds or something?

# 11 B-Lo-Z-Ro @ 05/06/11 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust
What? I thought they looked a whole lot more realistic than previous years. I gotta go see what ur talking about, Willis!
look at the pic above at Manning, he has a shrunk'n head, lol.. pads are too big in some vids like vick.. he dosent wear a flat jacket but they put it on him unless he is for this season.. jus sayin ihope they are working on fixing the sizes of players... or they can make players fully customizable besides the faces of the players that have realistic likeness.. and hope they are working on making the movement of QBs in the pocket realistic

# 12 Only1LT @ 05/07/11 01:09 AM
Not much new here, but there was something said that sparked a little something in my head. With the new collision system, and animations starting at the point of impact instead of 3 yards away, shouldn't this mean that the juke moves will finally be as effective as they should be for elusive backs?

The getting sucked into tackles made juking annoying. They still worked, but you had to rely on doing them so early and letting the canned defender falling down animation to play out instead of actually avoiding the tackle.

Here's hoping, because I hate the way that jukes are in Madden now.

# 13 MysteriousPanther @ 05/07/11 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Boy we must be really in tune here at OS.

If you scroll down and read the comments there on G4 you can tell those guys don't know ANYTHING about whats been said so far about Madden.

"They didn't improve game modes"
"EA works on better lookin grass, no gameplay"
"who cares about cameras"
"I'd freak out if franchise isn't untouched"
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Duhh.....May 16.....next blog. Is the G4 community 14 year olds or something?
Don't worry about G4 community for they're really bad, I bet they've never played Madden NFL before & saying those type of things. As for Madden NFL 12, it looks pretty good so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.