Home
Madden 12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 TalenT @ 05/07/11 10:16 PM
I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but I hated the ball physics on that hit @ 8:02. I know they have better ball physics this year, but that was hideous.

# 82 RGiles36 @ 05/07/11 11:02 PM
I've watched the gameplay video intently 2x now and I don't think the sliding is as apparent as some are implying in this thread. I think it looks bad on the Revis clip, but the rest of the clips were pretty sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Jury is still out, i like the way they doing pre-game and stuff, but what about stats overlays, banners and other stuff for presentation that they have said nothing about. Past maddens have been terrible with this, and this is vital if they want too stop the NLF2k5 comparisons. Are we going too see player comparisons, stats for season, career...etc. Whats about the halftime show. Things that really define the game. This is what i want too see, besides seahawks birds flying around before games.
There hasn't been much info about overlays and banners, but it's out there. Just gotta read ALL of the blogs and pick up on the nuggets as each preview has offered something differently. I'm anxious to see some real gameplay vids to see how all of this stuff is sequenced.

# 83 roadman @ 05/07/11 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I saw no double team blocking.
Sage, look in the Presentation video at the 8:15 area. You might miss it as it comes up real fast.

Look at the Center-Guard combo blocking. It's only there for a brief second or two. It's the one where Vick is backing straight up in the pocket.

# 84 mike24forever @ 05/07/11 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
Is it just me r does it feel like we should have already had this stuff by now..I know its been said before but no competition sucks. But oh well as long as Madden chooses to be the Only NFL game available they deserve all the criticism About the gameplay they don't get right and the game modes they put off for years.
"as long as Madden chooses"...why would any company choose to have competition? They have an exclusive deal with the NFL, why would they allow another company to make another NFL football game? Think before you type.

# 85 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 05/08/11 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
This attitude of entitlement is something EA, or any video game company, can't win against.

It doesn't matter whether the game "should already have" something. The fact is it either does or it doesn't.

Praise the game for what it adds and does right and critique it for its shortcomings, but to say "such-and-such features doesn't impress me because it should have already been there" is not an objective attitude to hold when evaluating the game and is counterproductive to the discussion of how good or bad Madden may be.
im not hoping for ea to win at anything when it comes to football r atleast im not going to be overjoyed about some things that have been in past maddens and now they are starting to get a bit more innovtive about there football franchise. Im not supporting a monopoly. I know it sounds baised but i never felt as if ea had an inferior football game.

# 86 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 05/08/11 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
"as long as Madden chooses"...why would any company choose to have competition? They have an exclusive deal with the NFL, why would they allow another company to make another NFL football game? Think before you type.
hell i know who to blame..the nfl for wanting to be exclusive. but competition gets the best out of u..

# 87 Aggies7 @ 05/08/11 06:54 AM
Videos looked good but didn't really show much in my opinion. A lot if talking and not to many in game clips.

# 88 TreyIM2 @ 05/08/11 09:38 AM
While I'm thankful at what EA is trying to achieve this year and vids such as these are great, the vids exposed the sliding aspect of the players something terrible. The footplanting tech that Ian had once claimed was going to be implemented in Madden 10 has never come to fruition. I had that on my list of improvements for 11 which I posted as apart of my improvements blog and directly on Ian's page after 10 was released....I think. Lol. I believe it was in there. Gotta check the stats....

I hope someone from EA reads this comment and truly gets that in there for next year but, again, I like what's going on. Oh, and I REALLY HOPE they get a TRULY 100% organic animation engine implemented next year, too. I'll take that over anything else. The roboticness of the movements is irksome.

# 89 CFTejada @ 05/08/11 10:10 AM
At 9:10 on the presentation video - you guys realize a Detroit Lion player is running out with the Chicago Bears?

# 90 SageInfinite @ 05/08/11 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Sage, look in the Presentation video at the 8:15 area. You might miss it as it comes up real fast.

Look at the Center-Guard combo blocking. It's only there for a brief second or two. It's the one where Vick is backing straight up in the pocket.
I don't see it bro. Still looks like one on one engagements.

It seems like the same exact play from all angles where the pass play is broke up.

It seems like the same confused looking blocking to me. Doesn't seem like they've added the logic or animations for double team blocking on pass plays.

# 91 SageInfinite @ 05/08/11 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFTejada
At 9:10 on the presentation video - you guys realize a Detroit Lion player is running out with the Chicago Bears?
Yeah I hope they iron that out.

# 92 roadman @ 05/08/11 11:47 AM
Quote:
I don't see it bro. Still looks like one on one engagements.

It seems like the same exact play from all angles where the pass play is broke up.

It seems like the same confused looking blocking to me. Doesn't seem like they've added the logic or animations for double team blocking on pass plays.
Eh, your right when you break it down to stills. In regular motion, it did look like double team blocking, at least to my eyes.

Thanks, good find.

# 93 Armor and Sword @ 05/08/11 11:51 AM
Quote:
Eh, your right when you break it down to stills. In regular motion, it did look like double team blocking, at least to my eyes.

Thanks, good find.

Looking at those photos.....all I can think of is when I used to play Atari 2600 Real Sports Football and think it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Dudes we are spoiled. Enjoy it!

That is all.

# 94 SageInfinite @ 05/08/11 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Looking at those photos.....all I can think of is when I used to play Atari 2600 Real Sports Football and think it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Dudes we are spoiled. Enjoy it!

That is all.
I don't think we're spoiled(the older gamers), but I do definitely think the younger generation i spoiled.

Graphics do look amazing, I just wish the football fundamentals, logic and animations were on the same level. Still can't wait for Madden 12 though.

# 95 SageInfinite @ 05/08/11 01:00 PM
Quote:

Thanks, good find.
Sorry I hate to be a buzzkill, I would've loved for it to be in.

# 96 Aggies7 @ 05/08/11 01:04 PM
Quote:
Yeah I hope they iron that out.
And while they iron it out. I beg you EA please do not let my star QB that is out for the year run out of the tunnel. Should be a way to program that your starters only run out. Cause I would hate to see Tebow lead the team out of the tunnel if he is out with a season ending injury.

# 97 wallofhate @ 05/08/11 02:17 PM
I myself am torn!! Being the graphic whore that I am everything even the little extras are really getting me geeked up. I dont think in the final product there will be sliding issues as bad as it seems especially when some clips looks like the 3d grass is not evident(which makes me think the grass will hide that) but the somewhat mechanical movement does bother me somewhat. Gameplay vids later in the cycle will give us the whats what. Im more concerned on recievers dive when they could just run through the catch and not being able to put touch on the football to put it behind the LB's and ahead of the safety's whick kills gameplay to me because thats what seperates the good from the great QB's touch and accuracy

# 98 SageInfinite @ 05/08/11 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
And while they iron it out. I beg you EA please do not let my star QB that is out for the year run out of the tunnel. Should be a way to program that your starters only run out. Cause I would hate to see Tebow lead the team out of the tunnel if he is out with a season ending injury.
Yeah I really hope they do. It just comes off bad when you create cutscenes and don't take everything into consideration.

# 99 jetup2343 @ 05/08/11 04:21 PM
I'm surprised nobody has pointed out the fact that in M11 and in these videos for M12, that the JETS MIDFIELD LOGO is wrong. The NFL SHIELD should be there, not the team logo. Michael Young, if you're here, please fix this. It's as obvious a bug as there could possibly be.

# 100 K_GUN @ 05/08/11 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetup2343
I'm surprised nobody has pointed out the fact that in M11 and in these videos for M12, that the JETS MIDFIELD LOGO is wrong. The NFL SHIELD should be there, not the team logo. Michael Young, if you're here, please fix this. It's as obvious a bug as there could possibly be.
while you're at it check to see if the shadows are in the proper place

they're not in Gillette or Buffalo...the sun position is COMPLETELY off in those stadiums

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.