Home
Madden 12 News Post

All right folks, here's the deal. I will be speaking with EA's Mr. Josh(full name maybe has an 'ua'?) Looman in the very near future. Many of you have interacted with him on here in the past, so he probably does not need much of an introduction, but he's the developer who likes to watch simulation after simulation run across his screen while his eyes try not to bleed too much.

Anyway, I'll be speaking with him via telephone about what's going on with Superstar Mode and Franchise Mode in Madden NFL 12 this week. The embargo won't be up until NEXT Monday (5/16). I'll be transcribing the interview for the site, but I'm going to let you all (mostly) guide where this interview goes.

Here is the only restriction (sans the given time constraints during an interview, so I obviously won't get everything answered):

No super-duper specific questions will be asked. If you want me to ask Josh if in year 2023 of Franchise mode will there be an abundance of quarterbacks available in the NFL Draft -- I WILL hunt you down.

On the other hand, here would be an acceptable question: Josh, has anything changed this year in terms of how the NFL Draft plays out in Madden 12?

(Pro tip: If your grammar is sound and on point, you probably have a better shot of getting a question asked.)

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 goodygoody @ 05/10/11 07:45 PM
Are there any new custom faces in the draft?

Can we edit players in the draft?

Are the contracts handled better for rookies? (No more 3rd picks getting 3 million dollars a year)

What direction is Superstar mode going in?

# 122 mjussawalla @ 05/10/11 09:15 PM
My questions are around trades:

-Can non-Human controlled teams execute a trade? i.e. two CPU controlled teams trade with a human player's assistance?

-Can there be 3-way trades?

# 123 RustyBlue @ 05/10/11 09:16 PM
Superstar Mode
Is Superstar Mode more interesting? What have you added to it?

Will you be able to do post-game press conferences?

Will you be able to do post-game interviews?

Will you be able to go through training camp?

Will you be able to recommend the hiring of a certain coach or free agent when you get to a certain level?

Will the draft combine be more realistic?

Will you be able to actually go to the draft and shake the Commissioner's hand?

Franchise Mode
Will you be able to build new stadiums in Franchise Mode without relocating?

Can Players demand trades?

Can you trade future picks?

Can You hold more than 10 draft picks?

Will there be a weekly show like ESPN Sportscenter? I mean, you guys have the license, don't you?

Can you control prices of tickets, food, merchandise, ect..?

Can there be multiple team trades?

Can the CPU send you trades?

Will hiring coaches be more detailed?

Will you be able to go through training camp?

Will you be able to do post-game press conferences?

Will there be some type of "leadership" attribute to help determine who to make team captains?

Thanks

# 124 blackbird26 @ 05/10/11 11:16 PM
Two Questions about franchise mode..
1. Are u guys going to implement more replays, half time highlights an a more in depth post game broadcast??
2. are u bringing back being able to save ur replays.. by the way the madden 12 looks very appealing..

# 125 ChaseB @ 05/11/11 09:03 AM
Just a heads up, I'm actually going to stick mostly, if not exclusively, to FMode questions for this interview. They are dominating this news post for the most part. However, I will try to set up something separate to get some Superstar questions answered.

# 126 ChaseB @ 05/11/11 12:33 PM
Interview is done. Mods you can probably just close this thread. I'll bookmark it for future reference, but I'll have a new front-page post for the interview.

# 127 Armor and Sword @ 05/11/11 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Interview is done. Mods you can probably just close this thread. I'll bookmark it for future reference, but I'll have a new front-page post for the interview.

I know we don't get any info till Monday.

Buuuuuut.

Are you more giddy after the interview? A simple yes or no will do.

# 128 blood9585 @ 05/11/11 04:35 PM
So what's new in franchise and superstar modes?

# 129 The Real Ma$$ive @ 05/12/11 06:55 AM
My main questions I would like to be asked is...

1. How many things did they work on with the Online franchise?

2. Is there an ability to trade for draft picks in online franchise... In the past we would have to actually tell the other player in the draft who we want, and had to do a drop trade in the offseason...

3. Is there an off-season this year in Online Franchise? Pre-season games played after the draft, or do we go right into week 1 like last year.

Thanks Chase for the opportunity to get our questions asked!

# 130 xblake16x @ 05/12/11 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlegist
1. Will the commissioner have more control this year, especially in Online Franchises? i.e Can they determine the winner of a simmed match, remove injuries, etc.?
for some reason when i first started reading this i thought you were talking about Roger Goodell... and I was like nooooo, he shouldnt have more control!

# 131 woogie98 @ 05/12/11 04:16 PM
Will there be an improvement to the MADDEN 12 superstar and franchise

# 132 ridemooses @ 05/13/11 02:26 AM
Can you play with existing Rookies in Superstar? (sorry if it was asked already)

# 133 RedZoneD25 @ 05/13/11 07:52 AM
Gonna close this one up for ya, Chase. Looking forward to the news post.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.