Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

IGN is currently hosting a live stream for NCAA Football 12.

Just in case you missed it, here are the videos.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 05/11/11 07:11 PM
ugh this franchise needs to add foot planting seriously...guys still look to be skating on the field.and moving too fast/

# 102 TMJOHNS18 @ 05/11/11 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_02
mentioned white outs/ black outs etc. in the crowd in future versions. WOO!
Yeah... but how far away is that lol.

So no expanded rosters because of save file size (sounds like bs) and /ordisc size (makes more sense... sorta)? So I guess that means we won't see larger rosters until next gen, though I forget how large last gen rosters were but they had FBS and FCS in that.

So in a way, can we blame xbox for lack of expanded rosters, cause... if they made HD-DVD mandatory on all their styles of consoles (like PS3 blu ray), then lack of disc space wouldn't be an issue and larger rosters/FCS would be included? Cause that's what it sounds like, or at least that's what they're using as a scape goat for expanding

P.S., If you think I'm against the 360, I'm not, cause I'll be playing NCAA on it lol. And heck, last gen was single layer DVD! And look what they did!

# 103 Pokes404 @ 05/11/11 07:12 PM
I'm pretty happy with the consecutive hit tackles. Mostly the fact that they aren't just "two-man" tackles. What I mean by that, is that the second tackler can engage at any time. I was afraid for a while that both defenders might have to hit the ballcarrier at the same time to trigger a two-man tackle animation, and if they didn't, players once again couldn't interrupt the animation. That doesn't seem to be the case. Very nice job, EA.

Disappointed that rolling out of the pocket is still so easy, but at least it didn't seem to be an effective strategy (at least the parts I saw). I know they said trajectories received some "upgrades," but I didn't see much of a difference. They still look unrealistic to me. The video quality isn't great through, so it's a little hard to tell.

Overall, though, the game looks pretty good. Not a huge jump from NCAA 11, but still good. Now, I'll be very interested to get the demo and see how the game feels.

# 104 rollinphat @ 05/11/11 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder_DG
Seriously....it's a freaking hairstyle!! Make the gameplay and the ESPN presentation awesome and then add pink dreads that hand down past the knees for all I care but one style is enough for the time being....
yes seriously.
i know i'm one of the old guys on here, but i believe if your going to do something...you do it correctly. it also doesn't help that i'm a programmer myself.
having said that...there is no doubt that they are moving in the right direction with this series.

# 105 Crimson Pig @ 05/11/11 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
I gotta agree it looked alot like Ncaa 11 with good improvements.

And yes pass rush still looked weak as could be i didnt see any bull rushes did anybody else?
Good point, didn't notice any bull rush here.

I did see a LB lay an excellent lick on a RB and sent him into the air a yard or two it looked like. It looked fluid, really nice.

# 106 kingkilla56 @ 05/11/11 07:12 PM
did anybody record this? i came to the party too late

# 107 ggsimmonds @ 05/11/11 07:14 PM
I like the idea of this, but they really should of had another guy from IGN playing. This dude sucked and it took away from the experience.

for example a lot of us wanted to see any improvements to the pass rush but it is hard to do that when one guy rolls out like this.

# 108 Watson @ 05/11/11 07:15 PM
OverreactionSports at it's finest here.

# 109 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/11/11 07:15 PM
Yeah from a distance it looks exactly like NCAA 11. Only difference visual from real time game play I seen was players covering the flats in zone and they kept shifting back and forth in their zone when players entered and left their area.

Punt blocking and kick off blocking on returns seem to have been the same as last year.

White guy with dreads looked funny. Even more weird was the fact they looked so damn stiff as though they sprayed their hair with spray starch.

DEs didn't seem to have 88 speed.

Over all it was kind of hard to get a gauge on things because dude kept running 25 yards backwards everytime he threw up a hail marry pass.

# 110 sportzbro @ 05/11/11 07:15 PM
They could not have picked a worse person to demo the game than the guy in the Mizzou shirt.

BTW, what was the bit about trajectory?

# 111 Crimson Pig @ 05/11/11 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
They could not have picked a worse person to demo the game than the guy in the Mizzou shirt.

BTW, what was the bit about trajectory?
He said they had to tweak it because of the changes to coverage, said something about touch passes but didn't elaborate. I wasn't listening TOO hard when he said that.

# 112 ggsimmonds @ 05/11/11 07:18 PM
I think they did improve the trajectory. The EA guy said they did, but I even saw a play during the first part (FSU vs FU) where the trajectory looked pretty decent. Looked like a intermediate pass over the middle and the AI QB did a good job of leading his man.

# 113 Pokes404 @ 05/11/11 07:19 PM
I loved that they even read a comment suggesting to that guy that he should make the throws shorter by staying in the pocket. I guess that was a little to subtle for him though. He said something along the lines of, "No way. I watched Brad Smith. That's how I play." I was fully expecting the next comment to be, "OK. Let me put this another way. Sit your *** in the pocket so we can see how this game plays!"

# 114 hawkeyebred2332 @ 05/11/11 07:20 PM
I feel like it must be everyone's first year following this series. EVERY year everyone gets excited as the first news leaks out and talks about how it will be such a great game. And EVERY year once we actually get video and get our hands on it people end up disappointed.

I held off the last couple months while everyone was so amped about how great the game was going to be, and now all I can do is laugh as people change their tunes from one bit of video.

# 115 khaliib @ 05/11/11 07:22 PM
Man I wanted someone to ask about Mid-Season player rating editing or ability to at least edit Recruits ratings because the game does a horrible job at creating them.

We really need some type of Global Ratings Editor!!!

I can see that adjusting some of the ratings and sliders will really bring this game to life.

Guess no Coaching Carousel...

Still don't like the Stone Wall on Punt Block, but liked that there were actual alleys created on KR.

Skillz got info on his scrambling QB.
See it does pay to keep working what you want to see in a game.
It just might happen.

Skillz,
wish you could've asked/suggested about some of the things you found how player ratings effect during Gameplay.

maybe next time?

Like what I see so far though.

# 116 TDenverFan @ 05/11/11 07:22 PM
I think people need to chill a bit...

It's not like this is the final, ready-to be released version of the game. ALso, they aren't going to release their heavy ammo stuff until later.

# 117 demon19000 @ 05/11/11 07:23 PM
Yeah, I know this has been asked, but is there any other way to watch than live? I thought the point of online was to be more advanced than television. It's IGN though, not surprised.

# 118 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/11/11 07:24 PM
Really it was the IGN guy playing style that made everything hard to notice. He didn't play no where near sim.

They were much better off letting Ben play against the cpu for the whole 30 minutes. At least he stayed in the pocket.

IGN guy whole game plan was run back 25 yards, fire a bullet 50 yards down the field and hope for the best.

But yet he wondered why he lost.

# 119 ultralow36 @ 05/11/11 07:24 PM
Anywhere i can watch this again

# 120 hurricanefootball4 @ 05/11/11 07:25 PM
I would be amazed if there wasn't a video up of it later on. There have been a couple of good summaries of what is in it to hold you guys over.

If I find someone with a copy of it on Twitter or something I'll definitely share or post it - don't have anything yet

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.