Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded stream, click here.

Three developers from NCAA Football 12 talk about the latest announcements.

What you will see:
  • An autographed football by Ingram, Fairley, Locker and Murray.
  • Q & A time with NCAA Football 12 developers.
  • In depth conversations about the new presentation and gameplay announcements.
  • Behind the scenes interviews from NCAA Football 12 Cover Athlete Mark Ingram and more from the U WANT ME Campaign.
  • A never before seen screen for NCAA Football 12.

UPDATE: The chat has completed, check out the comments for some of the details. The Gaming Tailgate has posted some of the details that they found.

Quote:
  • The demo will feature two match-ups (TBA) that will allow users to unlock five Nike Pro-Combat uniforms. The other five will be available for EB Games/GameStop pre-orders. However, Producer Ben Haumiller disclosed that the pre-order uniforms will be made available at a later date for all NCAA 12 gamers.
  • There is no current release date for the demo, but it is expected to be available after E3, which is held in early June.
  • Executive Producer Roy Harvey visited the set and announced a new feature: Coach Mode. This mode will allow users to call the plays and pre-snap adjustments while watching the CPU execute the plays in a broadcast style camera.
  • A new screenshot was shown, featuring a night game between Alabama vs. LSU.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 dan_457 @ 05/13/11 06:20 PM
The way ben described broadcast cam, sounded to me like it wouldn't be 100% playable, but really only used in coach mode and spectate.

# 22 volstopfan14 @ 05/13/11 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
If a Coach Mode was really announced, I don't see how this could be viewed as weak.
They said there is now an option to play the games as a coach. As in, you call plays, audibles, not rouutes, line shifts ect... and then you snap the ball and the CPU runs the play. That is all they said about coach mode. It has nothing to do with dynasty.

# 23 BenGerman @ 05/13/11 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
They said there is now an option to play the games as a coach. As in, you call plays, audibles, not rouutes, line shifts ect... and then you snap the ball and the CPU runs the play. That is all they said about coach mode. It has nothing to do with dynasty.
Ah, ok. Thats kind of a bummer. Nevermind then.

# 24 canes21 @ 05/13/11 06:22 PM
Quote:
I think you are misunderstanding them, but it does have a lot to do with dynasty. Makes recruiting much more important when playing the game that way and makes your schemes and everything matter more.

EDIT: I guess you weren't misunderstanding them, but still...

# 25 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/13/11 06:22 PM
Quote:
If a Coach Mode was really announced, I don't see how this could be viewed as weak.
Because the show was 1 hour and 15 minutes long......

Coach mode got announced with 3 minutes left in the show.....

All the rest of the show was talking about stuff we already knew.....

Seen videos we already seen.......

Showed interviews of players that nobody really cares about. I mean hell I couldn't understand a word Fairley was saying, sounded like he had a big wad of tobacco in his mouth.

Plus they answered only 3 or 4 questions......

If a show was 80 minutes long, you would think they would have answered at least 20 or 30 questions.

# 26 JalenTigh @ 05/13/11 06:22 PM
Did I hear correctly that they said "weight" will actually matter? Does that mean the end of 185 pound DE's, or safeties lining up at DT? I can only hope.

# 27 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/13/11 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Did I hear correctly that they said "weight" will actually matter? Does that mean the end of 185 pound DE's, or safeties lining up at DT? I can only hope.
Yeah that what Russ and Ben said, I hope it is true......I got tired of seeing 235 pound DEs pushing back 330 offensive tackles.

Got tired of seeing big bruising RBs and FBs solo tackled by 190 pound CBs

# 28 poopoop @ 05/13/11 06:26 PM
Quote:
you can't already do this?

# 29 volstopfan14 @ 05/13/11 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I think you are misunderstanding them, but it does have a lot to do with dynasty. Makes recruiting much more important when playing the game that way and makes your schemes and everything matter more.

EDIT: I guess you weren't misunderstanding them, but still...
I just meant that it isn't anything like coaching carousel or a be the coach mode. I thought that was what you understood it to be.

# 30 BenGerman @ 05/13/11 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Because the show was 1 hour and 15 minutes long......

Coach mode got announced with 3 minutes left in the show.....

All the rest of the show was talking about stuff we already knew.....

Seen videos we already seen.......

Showed interviews of players that nobody really cares about. I mean hell I couldn't understand a word Fairley was saying, sounded like he had a big wad of tobacco in his mouth.

Plus they answered only 3 or 4 questions......

If a show was 80 minutes long, you would think they would have answered at least 20 or 30 questions.
Yeah, I understand. I mixed up Coach Mode with Coach Mode, if that makes sense.

# 31 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/13/11 06:28 PM
Also if weight also matter, I hope this means 330 pound DTs won't be able to keep up my juking QB or RB in the open field anymore. In the past DTs were able to change direction on a dime like they were Barry Sanders.

# 32 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/13/11 06:31 PM
I will also like to say, if QBs don't scramble when they suppose to, then coach mode will be a failure. Going to be one big sack fest.

# 33 hurricanefootball4 @ 05/13/11 06:32 PM
Yeah, coach mode sounded like a form of spectator mode - but hopefully it's tied into a coach/coaching carousel mode in dynasty where you can choose to play the game or just coach the game in coach mode

# 34 JalenTigh @ 05/13/11 06:38 PM
Didn't a previous version have coach mode already? Or maybe it was Madden.. I know I remember it... It was extremely boring.

# 35 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/13/11 06:40 PM
If done right, coach mode is extremely fun. Other games have shown how fun it can be.

# 36 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/13/11 06:42 PM
Very good livestream they did. I missed parts of it. But I loved the different crowds sounds from the big time teams to the small teams. I'm looking forward to getting my hands ncaa12 now. The game is really looking right now.

# 37 khaliib @ 05/13/11 07:28 PM
I watched before heading into work.

Before I go off....

I just want a confirmation that as I understand it, the Broadcast Cam will only be available for those "Hardcore Sim Gamers" (as defined by Ben) who've been asking for the option to call a play, then watch as a coach.

This meaning that Broadcast Camera will not be available for us "Casual Sim Gamers" that actually work the thumbs.

Did I hear this right?

# 38 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/13/11 07:32 PM
Yeah the way he said it, it is only available via coach mode and not regular games.

# 39 Yankees_CT @ 05/13/11 07:37 PM
That broadcast cam better be playable, I was banking on it being so. It's been in Madden now for 2 years, no excuse for it not to be in NCAA. Otherwise, everything else seemed like old news. Coach mode sounds great for the simulating guys though.

# 40 edaddy @ 05/13/11 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees_CT
That broadcast cam better be playable, I was banking on it being so. It's been in Madden now for 2 years, no excuse for it not to be in NCAA. Otherwise, everything else seemed like old news. Coach mode sounds great for the simulating guys though.
Thats terrible on EA's part no doubt but I think that that it would be equally or more terrible if there wasn't an inclusion of any other playable camera angles announced..now that would be inexcusible...Has anyone heard of any new camera angles yet?...Ahh forget it it I forgot if it was included it wouldve been announced already...things that aren't included aren't mentioned until right before shipment...LOL..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.