Home
Madden 12 News Post

IGN has just released quite a few more Madden NFL 12 details, including the ability to change teams in the offseason, tiered scouting system, an eBay style bidding system for free agents and more.

Quote:
  • Dynamic Player Performance: Player ratings fluctuate based on consistency and confidence.
  • Player Roles: More than 20 roles (Playoff Performer, Trench Warrior) affect player and team stats throughout the season.
  • The Pre-Season Matters: Start with 75-player roster and need to make cuts each week. Playing pre-season games reveals player ratings.
  • Scouting Reworked: Tiered scouting system reveals ratings tied to different events (college season, combine, pro day, individual workout).
  • Draft Class Improvements: Robust set of draftees built for 30 seasons of franchise. Teams draft based on their real tendencies.
  • Free Agent Bidding Wars: eBay style bidding against other GMs creates intense, rapid-fire free agent period that takes only a few minutes to complete.
  • Smarter General Managers: Better re-sign and cut logic. GMs make trades and sign free agents who fit their needs, with player roles factored in.
  • Coaches Matter: Coaches have small positive and negative impact on how players perform on the field based on their style.
  • Edit Any Player: Alter the ratings of any player -- rookie, created player, or established veteran.
  • Change Teams: In any offseason, change control of which teams you run in Franchise mode.
  • Numerous Tweaks: Many other small tuning and additions are coming, including retirement logic, a more accurate salary system, fixes to the injured reserve system, better simulation stats, and more.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 CM Hooe @ 05/15/11 10:21 AM
Looks like they may have FINALLY fixed injured reserve. Awesome.

# 22 aksumite @ 05/15/11 10:24 AM
Is this for ONLINE Franchise??????

Please tell me this is for ONLINE Franchise

# 23 slickdtc @ 05/15/11 10:27 AM
Good news! I've got to catch myself up on all the information regarding the new Madden. I plan on grabbing it after a year off.

# 24 huskerwr38 @ 05/15/11 10:28 AM
They built the new franchise mode from the ground up right? So none of those issues with the old franchise mode should make it into the new franchise like IR not working, ridiculous FA salaries, etc..

# 25 ABR173rd @ 05/15/11 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Switching Teams in Franchise mode is back. That is awsome news to us people who love building a team up and then moving on to another team and doing the same thing. You really have to love the Madden Crew for all the hard work they put into this year Madden. I give them a hand.
There is a laundry list of things that needed to be fixed/changed this year. The ability to change teams is huge for franchise players and most of the bigger issues I had seemed to be addressed with this article.

# 26 PSRusse83 @ 05/15/11 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b22gamer
This all sounds exciting. Franchise mode has always been my favorite offline mode. My ONE and only thing that I think they still haven't tweaked (and this is so minor, I'd be surpised if I was the only one who cared about this) The names on the back of the jerseys when they are longer. Just saw a clip of Rashard Mendenhall in the Gameplay Virtual Playbook video, and his name is all scrunched up. Doesn't look realistic and I wish it was something the guys at EA could address. Anyone else ever notice that?
I cant stand that squished names. Minor yes but it kills the presentation aspect at times.

# 27 Lodeus @ 05/15/11 10:46 AM
This game has me so pumped

# 28 illwill10 @ 05/15/11 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
With the editing of rookies you can fix the short, medium, and long accuracy of the QB's that come from NCAA Football draft classes.

Most of you know that QB's in the NCAA Football game dont have the same attribute ratings as Madden.

Worrying about imported QB's not being able to compete are over.
Exactly.
Andrew Luck will have a proper rating
I cant wait to edit most of the rookie ratings
Will there be a type of draft class share.

# 29 illwill10 @ 05/15/11 10:56 AM
I cant wait to see how the Scouting System is fixed.
I hope potential is hidden this year. It was easy to build a good team because CPU wouldnt.

# 30 NorrinRadd12 @ 05/15/11 11:00 AM
Quote:
Switching Teams in Franchise mode is back. That is awsome news to us people who love building a team up and then moving on to another team and doing the same thing. You really have to love the Madden Crew for all the hard work they put into this year Madden. I give them a hand.
You can already do this on Madden 11 by controlling all 32 teams and then setting the other 31 teams you aren't controlling to CPU in the franchise options. Make sure you back out of franchise options, switch teams, then go into franchise options again. If you switch teams inside the franchise options it won't apply the changes. And you'll have to sign coaches for the CPU teams because if you let it simulate the coaching changes for teams with empty positions it will also change your staff, even if you don't have empty positions. Then after that you have to scan each team's CPU/USER settings (remember to back out and switch teams) because some of them get screwed up after you sign their coaches.

They just need the simple Madden 2003 version though. You could switch to teams who fired their coach.

# 31 mvb34 @ 05/15/11 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksumite
Is this for ONLINE Franchise??????

Please tell me this is for ONLINE Franchise
I could be wrong but I wouldn't think all this would be in online franchise..

# 32 BenjiA @ 05/15/11 11:07 AM
Quote:
Edit any player!!?? You know what this means.....custom draft classes!!!

OMG i need a towel.
not to ruin your dreams but I have a feeling this only means we can edit any player's rating during the season but not in the draft process. If we could edit the draft classes before the draft we would know all of the prospects' ratings and it would kill the meaning of scouting.

I believe we can edit those rookies only after they have been drafted and signed. However I hope we can edit at least the appearance and skin tones before the draft.

# 33 Mr_Riddick @ 05/15/11 11:07 AM
Quote:

IGN has just released quite a few more Madden NFL 12 details, including the ability to change teams in the offseason, tiered scouting system, an eBay style bidding system for free agents and more.
This I what interests me in this game. I just hope we can get some solid gameplay along with these improvements. If so, Il be kumping back on the madden wagon again this year..

# 34 JayInSaratoga @ 05/15/11 11:08 AM
Quote:
It also says the IR has been fixed. So now when you put someone on IR, it clears an extra roster spot. Im guessing thats the fix, because it gave you the money back properly.
I don't think you get the money (cap space) back. That's not the way it works in the NFL, and I don't think it worked that way in Madden 11. Though I sort of remember it working that way a long time ago, whatever the year was that had Culpepper on the cover.

# 35 BenGerman @ 05/15/11 11:11 AM
Man, Madden is throwing out improvements like candy. They are really doing a nice job this year.

# 36 Step2001 @ 05/15/11 11:17 AM
Just sitting back waiting for Looman's blogs. These features and fixes need to be explained more.

# 37 illwill10 @ 05/15/11 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Man, Madden is throwing out improvements like candy. They are really doing a nice job this year.
They are. They have a ton of gamers jumping back on the bandwagon. If the info on Monday is great, I will too.
I wish NCAA was throwing out improvement like candy. Have to wait a week. Wish the embargo ended the same day as Franchise/SS

# 38 feeq14 @ 05/15/11 11:34 AM
I remember them saying that it would be impossible to get HC into madden this year... however as far as i can tell, everything that they had in HC is in. Im sure it wont be as deep or as polished, but scouting logic, free agent logic, sounds great to me.

Im a bit dissapointd about there being a "slight" difference bewteen coaches. I guess that something from HC they didnt put in. But seriously this is close enough.

I havent played madden more than 6 weeks since the last iteration on the PS2, mainly becuase im not an online gamer and all that i play is franchise mode. This sounds like the madden i bought a 360 for

# 39 ch46647 @ 05/15/11 11:39 AM
Only thing I havent heard that I really hope they got in is training camp (Drills that you can select certain players to run and try to raise their ratings) and pre-season position battles.

Both of these were in the old PS2 games and I would be surprised if they werent included.

I am also SO happy to hear that the biggest "gameplay" feature hasnt even been revealed yet. What could this be??

Great job so far this year Madden team!

# 40 LionsFanNJ @ 05/15/11 11:50 AM
Ok the fact that editing players in franchise is now available, as well as the changes to Fa bids and scouting have me sold.

Plus now I can actually use the ncaa dc's since I can fix any wonky stats, like someone like cj spiller coming in with 79 speed or the crazy qb ratings. Though I seem to remember adembroski saying they were in the process of testing/tuning the classes to match the hand made ones.

This is some GREAT news

sent from parts unknown

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.