Home
Madden 12 News Post

IGN has just released quite a few more Madden NFL 12 details, including the ability to change teams in the offseason, tiered scouting system, an eBay style bidding system for free agents and more.

Quote:
  • Dynamic Player Performance: Player ratings fluctuate based on consistency and confidence.
  • Player Roles: More than 20 roles (Playoff Performer, Trench Warrior) affect player and team stats throughout the season.
  • The Pre-Season Matters: Start with 75-player roster and need to make cuts each week. Playing pre-season games reveals player ratings.
  • Scouting Reworked: Tiered scouting system reveals ratings tied to different events (college season, combine, pro day, individual workout).
  • Draft Class Improvements: Robust set of draftees built for 30 seasons of franchise. Teams draft based on their real tendencies.
  • Free Agent Bidding Wars: eBay style bidding against other GMs creates intense, rapid-fire free agent period that takes only a few minutes to complete.
  • Smarter General Managers: Better re-sign and cut logic. GMs make trades and sign free agents who fit their needs, with player roles factored in.
  • Coaches Matter: Coaches have small positive and negative impact on how players perform on the field based on their style.
  • Edit Any Player: Alter the ratings of any player -- rookie, created player, or established veteran.
  • Change Teams: In any offseason, change control of which teams you run in Franchise mode.
  • Numerous Tweaks: Many other small tuning and additions are coming, including retirement logic, a more accurate salary system, fixes to the injured reserve system, better simulation stats, and more.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 g2thecore @ 05/16/11 12:18 AM
Why can't we all just get along? lol....

Anyways, I'm pretty excited of what's been announced, but like many said before me, let's wait and see how it all comes along. Until then, I guess it's safe to rejoice...I'm still sticking to my cautiously optimistic approach.

# 122 g2thecore @ 05/16/11 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans80AJ
That's all I ask.
Fair enough.

# 123 BlueNGold @ 05/16/11 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Why can't we all just get along? lol....

Anyways, I'm pretty excited of what's been announced, but like many said before me, let's wait and see how it all comes along. Until then, I guess it's safe to rejoice...I'm still sticking to my cautiously optimistic approach.
To quote my favorite movie: "Some people just want to watch the world burn".

BTW solid advice, roadman. Keep fighting the good fight, my man.

Anyways, I was talking about this on Twitter, but hopefully tomorrow they drop info that we can have more than 10 draft picks, future draft picks and/or authentic draft picks (like NHL 11). Player morale/team chemistry would be nice as well.

# 124 RedZoneD25 @ 05/16/11 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans80AJ
Speaking of the Blog. Is there a time when they usually come out or is it random?
No exact time specified.

# 125 g2thecore @ 05/16/11 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
To quote my favorite movie: "Some people just want to watch the world burn".

BTW solid advice, roadman. Keep fighting the good fight, my man.

Anyways, I was talking about this on Twitter, but hopefully tomorrow they drop info that we can have more than 10 draft picks, future draft picks and/or authentic draft picks (like NHL 11). Player morale/team chemistry would be nice as well.
Dark Knight?

And I yes that would be cool to be able to have more than 10 draft picks. I guess we will find out tomorrow what some of the details are.

# 126 BlueNGold @ 05/16/11 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Dark Knight?

And I yes that would be cool to be able to have more than 10 draft picks. I guess we will find out tomorrow what some of the details are.
Since you asked, yes.

# 127 Smoke6 @ 05/16/11 12:35 AM
Ok, so what is the big deal about altering a players ratings? I am hoping this is only for offline franchise mode correct?

I never got the appeal of altering someones ratings over doing in game thru performance or whatnot, it just seems like a short cut to me but i may be wrong. Godd news for the rest of it tho!

# 128 jacketsword @ 05/16/11 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Yes, let's just act like one company cannot deliver us a good game because of one bad (but hilarious) glitch. More great logic being shown.
I wasn't saying the glitch was hilarious. I was saying that being reminded of that after reading all of this was funny. The point is EA couldn't even get that right and that's who we're dealing with. Maybe I should have clarified that for the less apparent audience.

# 129 kmart2180 @ 05/16/11 12:59 AM
30 yrs old and each year I feel like I was outgrowing Madden cause all I did was complain about whats missing/ect.... But I continued buying and for the first time in a long time I can actually back up my words to my friends and family members who every year I say madden is gonna be great.

Although I have done so for years and years....this is gonna be a truely special midnight madden madness. I cannot wait to get my hands on this game

# 130 roadman @ 05/16/11 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsword
I wasn't saying the glitch was hilarious. I was saying that being reminded of that after reading all of this was funny. The point is EA couldn't even get that right and that's who we're dealing with. Maybe I should have clarified that for the less apparent audience.
He wasn't talking to you, though, so no need for the little shot at the end.

# 131 roadman @ 05/16/11 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

Please Test this stuff thoroughly...I don't want to have to wait 2.5 months to get big bugs patched
They have tuner sets this year, so, if something seems out of place, they can fix some things in a day or two vs a patch.

# 132 woody56 @ 05/16/11 01:22 AM
Skipped on Madden altogether last year, but this year's version is a must buy now.

# 133 permanent1 @ 05/16/11 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Better lesson: Don't debate with people that are agenda driven.
Or better yet don't debate at all it is a discussion forum and not a debate forum after all..debates most of the time especialy on forums tend not to end up well.

# 134 SteelerSpartan @ 05/16/11 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They have tuner sets this year, so, if something seems out of place, they can fix some things in a day or two vs a patch.
NCAA had em last year and we only got 2...spaced months apart

Anyways Im hoping for the best, but I do think they have a burden of proof to show that they can fulfill their promises after so many years of lackluster performances on NG

# 135 BlueNGold @ 05/16/11 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsword
I wasn't referring to you, so maybe you're a part of "the less apparent audience" you speak of...

# 136 droopizzle34 @ 05/16/11 02:15 AM
liking what i'm seeing of old features making their return!!!! can't wait to see whats new with the blog tomorrow... my fire has been stoked again...maybe i'll make a return to Midnight Madden-ness this year...

I've put down the Haterade and joined in the optimism!!!

# 137 acreyman @ 05/16/11 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Ok, so what is the big deal about altering a players ratings? I am hoping this is only for offline franchise mode correct?

I never got the appeal of altering someones ratings over doing in game thru performance or whatnot, it just seems like a short cut to me but i may be wrong. Godd news for the rest of it tho!
I think for me it's going to come into play at the start of the season....to me running backs never drop in ratings fast enough after they hit 30. Some guys might stay healthy because they don't get alot of touches and others get worn out because they are work horses. Mainly I will be checking the older players at each position and adjusting their ratings accordingly.

# 138 jeremym480 @ 05/16/11 10:40 AM
I'm loving what I'm seeing so far.

# 139 Blitz1942 @ 05/16/11 10:42 AM
So we're getting Head Coach 09?

Finally! This just became preorder for me.

# 140 Manslaughterin9 @ 05/18/11 01:38 PM
Cant wait to get my redskin dynasty started!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.