Home
Madden 12 News Post

Jon Robinson of ESPN The Gamer has released a preview of the main additions to Franchise Mode in Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
"Cut day. Watch a show like "Hard Knocks," and it's the most nerve-racking period in a player's career. With one decision, some kid who has been dominating the gridiron at every level he has ever known finds out whether he's cashing in all his hard work with the NFL or left contemplating life outside the lines and working 9 to 5 like the rest of us. And while cut days are circled on the calendars of every player, coach and hard-core fan, it's one of those moments that gets lost in translation when it comes to NFL video games. I know when I start a franchise in "Madden," most times I simulate right through the preseason because the games really don't matter, and as long as all of my stars remain healthy I can care less about what happens before the season starts because the roster is already set.

But that all changes with "Madden NFL 12." For the first time in franchise history, the game designers have actually increased the roster size to 75 players per team. The ratings for all rookies are locked heading into preseason and every week. A few of the ratings for each rookie are revealed as you play them in preseason and decide whether it's worth it to keep a roster spot open for a hard-charging, late-round pick who might impress on special teams or cut him in favor of an aging veteran who might still have one good season left in the tank."

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mburke2 @ 05/18/11 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygoody
Yea it appears that this was the main purpose behind it. Personally, Im a fan of it. I hated having first dibs on every free agent I see. But, with the bidding wars, I'll have to already have an idea on what free agents I want before hand and attack as soon as free agency starts. That part, at least, is real.
I didn't think of that part so good point. The new system will be hopefully be challenging enough so that you can't just snatch up all the best free agents available at once. I never did that anyway, but at least hopefully it won't really be as easy to do anymore.

# 22 Rules @ 05/18/11 06:08 PM
EA is winning me back as I really love what they are doing with Madden this year.

# 23 PSRusse83 @ 05/18/11 06:44 PM
After watching all these videos I have to ask. Did the dreads that NCAA has this year not make it to Madden 12? I would hope that they have but there are no pictures to show that they are.

# 24 xITSxDAWKINSx @ 05/18/11 06:54 PM
it took some time(20+years) but we are getting closer to what happens in the nfl thank you EA

# 25 Armor and Sword @ 05/18/11 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
One of the things I'm loving right now is that you can trade future picks to move up in the draft like in real life. But one thing I'm not really crazy about is the new bidding system on FA players. That just doesn't happen in real life. Certain teams bring in certain top FA players in for a visit to the City and Staduim to get them interested. Teams don't all of a sudden start doing a bidding war on certain player and all this. There is a lot more to FA for teams then just trying to get players to sign a contract with them. Also teams only go after certain players for postions they need to fill and that will fit the team gameplan. Plain and simple. That's why I wish they would of left the FA contract signings the way it was and make some tweaks on it to make it better. I feel the old way was more real then it is now. But I guess it is a improvement for this year. But overall I'm happy with the major improvements with Madden12 Franchise mode this year.

I can almost assure you Legend after you go through your first FA auction/bidding you will be hooked. I love this feature on NFL HC09. It is intense, fast paced and fun. It makes the FA process a mini game, not a snore fest. What you will do is scour the rosters during the season to see impending FA's and start making a list of targets and prioritize the list.

Then off you go to the FA auction.

Dude it is going to kick all kinds of ***.

# 26 LilGamer2 @ 05/19/11 11:58 AM
Minimum requirements is dumb. Most teams carry 8 OL and a LS. EA forces you to carry 10 OL and instead of putting the LS as one of them they'll fill it with a random guy or 2 who aint on the team no more. Also 3-4 teams carry 2 DTs, EA forces you to have 3 and some teams don't carry a FB.

I love the expanded rosters and hopefully this is not just for franchise. And them having a guy inactive actually means he's inactive and doesn't take up a roster spot. I hate going to sign someone only to see "your roster is full" when I have 5 IR guys. Sometimes they'll even put an IR guy on the FA list to make room when this can be solved by not making them count against the roster.

Also for Exibitions and Offline, make the injured guys actually be inactive I hate seeing a guy who supposedly is out and has say a torn acl, running down the field on Special Teams and I can easily put him as a starter and he plays like nothing happened.

One thing I would love for them to do in franchise is make you set an active roster of 45(+ Emergency QB) players before the game like in real life. Meaning 8 of your 53 are declared inactive and thus not usuable during that week. And if you put the 3rd QB in, then 3rd QB rules are in place(meaning starter can't go back in.)

# 27 WB1214 @ 05/19/11 12:01 PM
Liked everything I read, particularly the editing player ratings in franchise.. now I don't have to worry about how the draft class comes out!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.