Home
NHL 12 News Post

The first look at NHL 12 should come in the form of a screenshot in the very near future, according to the EA Sports NHL Twitter account.

"The first screenshot for NHL 12 will be coming very soon, exclusively to our Facebook fans! CLICK LIKE if you're excited about NHL 12 and can't wait to see the first screen! Don't forget to invite your hockey-loving friends to become fans of EA SPORTS NHL so they can see the first screen too! What do you think the first screenshot will show?"

Alain Quinto, the EA Canada community manager, later confirmed this news about the picture being posted this week, and an EA blog that was posted today states that even more news will be released next week.

"Look out for the first NHL 12 screenshot on the EA SPORTS NHL Facebook Fanpage this week and the first NHL 12 Feature Reveal video on IGN.com next week!"

As one of the more anticipated sports games this year, I can't wait to see any glimpse of NHL 12. This title is sure to be at E3 as well, so the news should certainly be ramping up soon.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SinisterAlex @ 05/18/11 02:09 PM

That is all.

# 2 Fiddy @ 05/18/11 02:29 PM
yeah, hopefully they show off the real time net mooring physics.. (hey, its possible, Madden 12 has real time pylon physics.)

# 3 Gagnon39 @ 05/19/11 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
yeah, hopefully they show off the real time net mooring physics.. (hey, its possible, Madden 12 has real time pylon physics.)
And maybe Patrick Kane will have mullet technology to go along with Madden's dreadlock technology.

# 4 Vikes1 @ 05/19/11 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend

That is all.
This pretty much sums it up for me too.

I'm still enjoying the heck outta '11'...so really looking forward to any info on '12'!

I'm hoping [but certainly not expecting] the first screenshot is of a goalie getting knocked over. Ie...goalies are now physic bound like all other players on the ice. Can get interfered with, injured, etc...

# 5 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 05/19/11 03:00 AM
I think goalies have been really worked on for NHL 12. I don't know for sure but I have a really good feeling based on some rumors I have been hearing.

We shall find out soon enough!

# 6 Fiddy @ 05/19/11 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
And maybe Patrick Kane will have mullet technology to go along with Madden's dreadlock technology.
That would be awesome.

# 7 GrandMaster B @ 05/19/11 11:45 AM
Presentation needs a complete overhaul as well as Franchise Mode

# 8 dannyheck @ 05/19/11 12:29 PM
Bah... I can't wait for NHL 15, when the players will look like the people from L.A. Noire, and you can be a player, and drive around in your city before the game. And you have to drive to the rink to make the game on time. And....

# 9 Fiddy @ 05/19/11 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyheck
Bah... I can't wait for NHL 15, when the players will look like the people from L.A. Noire, and you can be a player, and drive around in your city before the game. And you have to drive to the rink to make the game on time. And....
now this would be pretty dang sweet..

# 10 Qb @ 05/19/11 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I'm hoping [but certainly not expecting] the first screenshot is of a goalie getting knocked over. Ie...goalies are now physic bound like all other players on the ice. Can get interfered with, injured, etc...
I can tell you that this was one of the more popular requests from all the CE attendees last year during our final "wishlist" feedback session. At the time, the devs -- Rammer if I remember correctly -- said they want to make sure they can do it right before it's in.

But the scenario you propose would be very much in line with how they like to tease with the early info/assets. Unfortunately, I will not have any inside info this year... no community day for me. Not sure who my replacement is, as I tried to line up someone from here with no luck. Quinto said he'd take care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyheck
To continue the Kane jokes, I can only imagine what Patty's side missions would consist of...

# 11 Lautanen @ 05/19/11 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
That actually is exactly what the first screenshot is showing us. Too bad I'm a new member and can't post links, but the first screenshot also confirms that Winter Classic is in. They posted the picture to their Facebook page, but it looks like they took it away.

# 12 Flamesfan102 @ 05/19/11 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lautanen
That actually is exactly what the first screenshot is showing us. Too bad I'm a new member and can't post links, but the first screenshot also confirms that Winter Classic is in. They posted the picture to their Facebook page, but it looks like they took it away.
hmm, I wonder why EA would post the screenshot, than soon after take it down..? Anyone know? Or have a link to the picture..

# 13 ezio @ 05/19/11 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyMediaPlus
I think goalies have been really worked on for NHL 12. I don't know for sure but I have a really good feeling based on some rumors I have been hearing.

We shall find out soon enough!
I hope your right

# 14 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 05/19/11 04:51 PM
nvm, false rumor

# 15 ezio @ 05/19/11 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyMediaPlus
nvm, false rumor
Which one? Goalies or the screen shot?

# 16 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 05/19/11 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Which one? Goalies or the screen shot?
The cover athlete is not Ryan Kesler. Was a false rumor

# 17 Steve_OS @ 05/19/11 05:18 PM
Screenshot it up, closing this one up.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.